Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Project Screenshots/Video Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

#796 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

• Project:Mecha Madness
Posted Image

Tried my best to match it up with the sprite from Sonic 3. Geographically, its pretty close, I think.

#797 User is offline Impish 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:45 AM

• Wiki edits:7
I had always considered Hydrocity to be inside the island, in the hanging lower bit, perhaps just beneath the jungle are in Angel Island Zone, and that the bridge Sonic and Tails fell off went over a hole that the water in Angel Island drained into leading to Hydrocity.

#798 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yes, I've made a little change due to it being part of a fangame. That blue hydrocity area was going to be an actual city but I've changed the idea to go along with Hydrocity's original design. I was going to change the geography of that city to an underwater location beneath azure lake. Similar to an atlantis. It wont be a city of water dwellers though. It'll be a sustained atmosphere beneath water level. I'm still going to keep the original hydrocity zone as ruins [Since it shifted around and geysers erupted, effectively changing it in Sonic 3]. The ruins will lead from the waterfall in AIZ to the hydroelectric plant in an adjacent waterfall between AIZ and MGZ. Azure Lake would logically be somewhere near Marble garden too [Because I cant logically think of somewhere to put it.] so I'll be connecting AIZ to Hydrocity via the old way and Hydrocity to MGZ via the city and Azure lake. There will also be a direct route through the mountainside caves from AIZ to MGZ.

#799 User is offline Lambda 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:07 PM

• Project:Sonic Theta
Whare's Chrome Gadget gonna be? I'm assumong Balloon Park and Desert Palice are gonna be incorperated into Carnival Night and Sandopolis.

Also, does that mean you're leaving out Flying Battery?I understand that if this is taking place after Sonic 3 & K it isn't flying anymore, but you could put it somewhere on the map, like, crashed on the ground.There's also Sky Sanctuary. If you don't wanna include Hidden Palace and it's teleporter, you could have people climb out of the top of the Lava Reef Volcano, and have Sky Sanctuary start there.

Just a few ideas.
This post has been edited by Lambda: 11 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

#800 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Sky sanctuary will be there. Hidden palace too. As far as Flying battery, since it was obviously destroyed, the ruins will be somewhere on the map but there will be a new sky scene with the egg fleet. It'll sort of be like Sonic heroes' egg fleet but obviously 2D side scrolling. It'll be like flying battery but with lots of them put into one level. I might plop it down somewhere past mushroom hill in a large field. As far as chrome gadget goes, where would it logically fit? It definitely has a city vibe to it. Balloon park will be part of the carnival's big layout. There will be the amusement park[balloon park] , the rollercoaster area, the toy factory, the candy factory and the funhouse. I wont call it carnival night because you'll be able to visit it during the day and night. Desert palace will be where the desert dwellers live. It'll be one of the world's hubs. Out from there you will have to cross the sand ocean to get to the sandopolis pyramid.

#801 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:55 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast
this is looking to be great so far. Just curious about something though; wouldn't Launch Base be somewhere near/over water, (because it was in game)? Maybe a large lake of sorts?

#802 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostTheInvisibleSun, on 11 March 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

this is looking to be great so far. Just curious about something though; wouldn't Launch Base be somewhere near/over water, (because it was in game)? Maybe a large lake of sorts?

Yes. On that same line of logic, Carnival Night should be near the water too. Mushroom hill should not be near the water, since none of the S&K levels have water in them (I assume they're either higher up elevation wise or they are more towards the center of the island)

#803 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostDark Sonic, on 11 March 2012 - 07:17 PM, said:

View PostTheInvisibleSun, on 11 March 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Yes. On that same line of logic, Carnival Night should be near the water too. Mushroom hill should not be near the water, since none of the S&K levels have water in them (I assume they're either higher up elevation wise or they are more towards the center of the island)

Concerning Carnival Night, I always thought that it just had a 'water feature', like many parks do, rather than being near a natural water source or body of water.

#804 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
The reason I say otherwise is because when you play as Knuckles there is no water there, or in Launch Base Zone (Until you break that tube), or in Angel Island. Sonic only lowers some of the water in Carnival Night, but not all of it.

#805 User is offline Lambda 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

View PostStreakThunderstorm, on 11 March 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

Sky sanctuary will be there. Hidden palace too. As far as Flying battery, since it was obviously destroyed, the ruins will be somewhere on the map but there will be a new sky scene with the egg fleet. It'll sort of be like Sonic heroes' egg fleet but obviously 2D side scrolling. It'll be like flying battery but with lots of them put into one level. I might plop it down somewhere past mushroom hill in a large field. As far as chrome gadget goes, where would it logically fit? It definitely has a city vibe to it. Balloon park will be part of the carnival's big layout. There will be the amusement park[balloon park] , the rollercoaster area, the toy factory, the candy factory and the funhouse. I wont call it carnival night because you'll be able to visit it during the day and night. Desert palace will be where the desert dwellers live. It'll be one of the world's hubs. Out from there you will have to cross the sand ocean to get to the sandopolis pyramid.

I' think Chrome Gadget would be either by Launch Base, Carnival, or kind of like a "secret base" nestled in the mountains somewhere.
This post has been edited by Lambda: 11 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

#806 User is offline StreakThunderstorm 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

I put Mushroom hill near the water because I'm pretty sure in the game you don't really go through the whole the entire geographical area. Same thing with AIZ. Launch base will definitely be in the middle of a lake surrounded by mountains. I don't necessarily think Carnival Night should be near water. That makes no sense. Mushroom hill is a natural forest though and it would make sense to be near a large body of water.

#807 User is offline Deef 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:39 AM

That was just looking crazy fun. :)

#808 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

• Project:Gold's Curse
  • Wiki edits:21
Posted Image
New pipes. Credit to GNA for ground tiles.

I should probably work on a new background too.

Yes I'm getting sick of this zone too. It's Zone 4 now though.
This post has been edited by Sparks: 29 March 2012 - 01:37 AM

#809 User is offline Mercury 

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:04 AM

• His Name Is Sonic
  • Project:AeStHete
  • Wiki edits:130
Those pipes don't have the same diameter all the way along their length:

Posted Image

Looks pretty bad. You could take one slice of pipe, use Game Maker or something to make it follow a sinusoidal path, rotating as it goes and leaving a trail. Screenshot it and clean it up, or just use it for reference.

#810 User is offline Lambda 

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:40 AM

View PostMercury, on 29 March 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

Those pipes don't have the same diameter all the way along their length:

Posted Image

Looks pretty bad. You could take one slice of pipe, use Game Maker or something to make it follow a sinusoidal path, rotating as it goes and leaving a trail. Screenshot it and clean it up, or just use it for reference.

...Or just adjust the shading to compensate for it. If you brought the shading on the bottom of that pipe up higher, the change in width would hardly be noticable.

• 69 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users