Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

SonLVL Level Editor for S1, SCD, S2NA, S2, S3K, SKC, SCDPC - 11/15/2016

#556 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:29 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
SonLVL now supports Sonic CD.

#557 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

• Project:Project Sonic 8x16
  • Wiki edits:1
Anyone else having trouble with the Object Definition Editor??? I recall being able to get it working in the past... Now? Not so much.

#558 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:34 AM

It's "horribly out of date". I tried using it a while ago, but, as you've noticed... Settled into making the definitions by hand instead.

#559 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

I added a new feature where you can save layout sections to a list in the program and paste them later, rather than just using the clipboard.
Posted Image
They are saved in a file in the INI folder as "Level Name.sls", so if you want the same layout sections available in multiple acts, you'll have to make copies of the file.

I also updated the build of the object definition editor so it shouldn't crash now, but you should be aware that it never worked all that well to begin with (some controls don't get updated when they should).

#560 User is offline Sonic Hachelle-Bee 

Posted 28 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

• Building the new Cyber City
  • Project:Sonic 2 Long Version
This editor is better at each iteration!
Can I ask for others enhancements?

In the blocks editor, that would be nice to be able to select multiple blocks in the list, and:
  • Copy / paste them all at once.
  • Apply a property to all their tiles at once.

While selecting one block to edit its tiles, same thing but with the tiles editor at the far left of the window:

• Copy / paste multiple tiles all at once.
  • Apply a property on selected tiles all at once.

Same features for the chunks editor.

This, because so far, this is a real pain to create a level from scratch only with SonLVL (this is much better than other editors though Posted Image ). You start with a couple of blocks, and then replicate them (one by one) to do other blocks with little variations. And then you start with a couple of chunks, and replicate them (one by one) to do other chunks with little variations. Examples:

• You want to copy 25 blocks only to change their palette ID towards the originals: 1 click on the first original block, copy, 1 click on your destination, paste, 1 click for each 4 tiles while typing the "C" shortcut. And this, 25 times = 150 clicks and a lot of mouse moves from left to right of the window. Only for this apparently simple task.
  • You want to change half of a chunk solidity on both planes: click on the first block, if you are not lucky type "S and T" 3 times. And do this 32 times (half of a chunk, 32 blocks). I hope you don't have 15 chunks to edit that way.
  • You want to make the same platform, but put the floor lower in the chunk: click on each block and copy them on a lower row (maybe 64 blocks to edit that way, one by one). Then, zeroes each block on top of the floor (one by one).

Maybe I'm complaining too much Posted Image
This post has been edited by Sonic Hachelle-Bee: 28 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

#561 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 28 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

You aren't the first person to ask for that. Selecting multiple chunks/blocks from the list would require significant edits to the custom list control I use that I'm not sure how to handle. Selecting an area in a chunk/block is more possible, but there's still some rewrites needed, and I'm not sure how to handle the controls in the middle with multiple selections.

#562 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:35 AM

SonLVL now supports Comper compression.

But only on Windows, as I have no idea how to build the C++ libraries for any other platform. You can find the source code here, if you want to try building it yourself.

#563 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:59 PM

Update:
  • Mouse wheel scrolls tile/block/chunk lists.
  • Added buttons to disable drag-and-drop in tile/block/chunk lists.
  • Added Deep Copy for chunks and blocks.

What "Deep Copy" means is that rather than copying only the exact data from the chunk/block, it will copy all the tiles in the block, or all the blocks the chunk uses (and their solidity indexes) and all the tiles the blocks use, so that you can paste it into another level to get an exact replica of the original chunk/block, as long as you have enough free tiles/blocks to cover the addition.

Edit: I have also added buttons for flipping blocks and tiles, like the buttons the chunk editor already had.
This post has been edited by MainMemory: 21 March 2015 - 12:55 AM

#564 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:47 PM

Some art editing improvements:
  • Chunk editing now uses the same mouse mapping as layout editing: right to select, left to draw.
  • Block editor now supports the same functionality as the chunk editor.
  • Right clicking in the tile editor now changes the selected color.
  • Added "Show Block" checkbox to solidity editor, which draws the currently selected block under the solidity data.
  • Selecting a tile in the Tiles tab now changes the tile that will be pasted into the block editor, and selecting a block in the Blocks tab now changes the block that will be pasted into the chunk editor.
  • Selected chunk stays in view in the chunk list when switching tabs.

#565 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:23 PM

I've added the ability to define the size of chunks in the INI by setting a chunksize value, or even set width and height independently via chunkwidth and chunkheight. When a custom chunk size is specified, the chunk format (chunkfmt) will only determine whether the game uses a single or dual path system. So it's possible to use dual-path 256x256 chunks, single-path 128x128 chunks, 64x64 chunks, or even 16x32 chunks. Obviously the sizes have to be a multiple of 16.

Also the object grid size setting is properly saved and loaded now.

#566 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:37 PM

I've added an option to the Palette Export menu to export up to four full palettes at once to the format used by YY-CHR (and I guess anything else that uses palettes stored in plain RGB bytes).

#567 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 17 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

I've made some changes to art importing lately:
  • It now checks for flipped blocks, in addition to flipped tiles.
  • All existing tiles/blocks/chunks are checked for duplicates, instead of only the ones that have been imported so far.
  • Fixed a bug with duplicate blocks in chunk importing.
  • Added two methods to import layout data (tiles/blocks/chunks/layout) from images: using the context menu item in Select mode will paste the data directly into the level, while clicking the button above the Layout Sections list will add a new layout section that you can use later.

#568 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

If anyone tried importing or flipping blocks or chunks since the last update and got a broken mess, that's been fixed now. Also 1bpp (2 color) and 4bpp (16 color) images will now import to the palette line that is selected in the palette editor, instead of always using line 1.

#569 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

SonLVL can now import collision from an image when importing layout, chunks or blocks. Assuming your art is named Bitmap.ext, the collision will be either Bitmap_col.ext, or Bitmap_col1.ext and Bitmap_col2.ext. The collision image(s) must use the following colors: Magenta (#FF00FF) (or transparent) for Not Solid, White (#FFFFFF) for Top Solid, Yellow (#FFFF00) for Left/Right/Bottom Solid, and Black (#000000) for All Solid.
For example, these three images:
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Will produce something like this:
Posted Image Posted Image

Also I fixed PNG palette exporting, the View->Collision->Angles menu item, and I moved the Import option for chunks, blocks and tiles to a button on the toolbar above their respective lists.

#570 User is offline MarkeyJester 

Posted 22 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

• It's Saturday TV Toons!! (90's Style)
  • Wiki edits:16
Not that I do much level editing these days (or importing for that matter), I still feel that this is a great innovation! Having the collision on separate sheets in my mind is a highly beneficial form of import control, that removes the manual labour of post collision setting, and while it may give the impression of mess in one respect, it seems the finest way to go about it in my personal opinion. One thing I will ask is regarding the angles of the collision, how is that handled through importing?

By the way, the whole Green Hill Zone loop in Emerald Hill Zone thing is a great example to show off this fine new feature! Makes me wonder if importing Emerald Hill Zone's loop into Green Hill Zone would suit the palette just as fine...

• 47 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users