C'mon guys, this is a complete equivalency list that would have taken somebody a lot of work to do manually... no love? *sniffle*
QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Feb 8 2011, 12:49 AM)
The only problem I have with the new SVN is that the Sonic object is broken into dozens of parts. This is a problem when you want to add another character by cloning the Sonic object. Anywho, I'm sure excellent progress will be made here
You lucky ladies and gents are in... well, luck, in this regard because of this:stitch.exe(source)
It's a program that will stitch together your asm files into one long one. (It's written in Game Maker so I could hastily throw it together, but I'm working on a C++ version which will be smaller and more portable. It's just that I have very little experience with C++'s string library, so it's not done yet.)
Anyway, here's how to use it:
Pop it in the directory with your main asm file (which I'm assuming around here will be called "sonic.asm") and make a text file in the same directory called "stitch.bat" with this in it:
stitch "sonic.asm" "output.asm" "blacklist.txt"
"output.asm" is the name of the outputted (is that a word?) asm file that will have every "include" line of the original replaced with the contents of the files to be included. (The original "include" line will be preserved as a comment, so you can still identify the code by filename, and at the end of each include is an "end" tag to keep them delimited properly. Also, it's able to go more than 1 level deep, so if an included file includes another file while includes another file, etc, it will still work (but I wouldn't go overboard with this, if I were you, because GM can only open 32 files simultaneously).)
"blacklist.txt" is an optional parameter. It's the name of a text file that you can fill with strings that, if found in the filename to be included, will prevent that file from being included, like so:
That way you can include just what you want in the output file and not everything
I put this together in my spare time, and as with everything else I've been uploading lately it seems, it'll probably have a bug or two. But I did test it, and was able to build a byte-accurate ROM using the file it exported, so...
Give it a try! I hope it'll cut down on the whining about the SVN disasm. =P