Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Archie Sonic Comic Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Archie Sonic Comic Megathread

#736 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:48 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostDr. Mecha, on 20 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostTylinos, on 19 February 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostMastaSys, on 19 February 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I knew Archie's Eggman isn't quite the "SatAM" Robotnik of this universe, but it's like a "mental" clone of sorts like Liquid Ocelot in theory from the Metal Gear series.
hence why I used "" on the word past and also why in this issue Eggman pauses with an "Er" before saying "Younger".

It's more that Eggman and Robotnik Prime share the same history up to a point, somewhere just before or during Endgame. There they branch off, with Prime having died to the UA, and Eggman having lived. Eggman then roboticized himself and waited in some satellites. A few years later, he killed his Sonic and then went back in time or something when travelling to the Prime Zone.

Basically: Naugus knew a different Robotnik, but the two Robotniks experienced the same events.

Well, the real reason Zonic isn't going to take Eggman back to his home zone is because he already filled in the gap that Robotnik left behind. Also, like I said before, Robotnik isn't quite dead; just stuck in a void between time and space. This also prevent the Zone Cops from going into there and bring back Robotnik; they have only have the technology to go through universes, not dimensions.

When Robotnik came back his molecules were unstable anyway.

#737 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:56 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
Bigger versions of the preview covers have been released. go nuts.

#738 User is offline Dr. Mecha 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

• Project:3d Models

View PostJaxTH, on 20 February 2012 - 08:48 PM, said:

View PostDr. Mecha, on 20 February 2012 - 09:39 AM, said:

View PostTylinos, on 19 February 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostMastaSys, on 19 February 2012 - 03:17 PM, said:

I knew Archie's Eggman isn't quite the "SatAM" Robotnik of this universe, but it's like a "mental" clone of sorts like Liquid Ocelot in theory from the Metal Gear series.
hence why I used "" on the word past and also why in this issue Eggman pauses with an "Er" before saying "Younger".

It's more that Eggman and Robotnik Prime share the same history up to a point, somewhere just before or during Endgame. There they branch off, with Prime having died to the UA, and Eggman having lived. Eggman then roboticized himself and waited in some satellites. A few years later, he killed his Sonic and then went back in time or something when travelling to the Prime Zone.

Basically: Naugus knew a different Robotnik, but the two Robotniks experienced the same events.

Well, the real reason Zonic isn't going to take Eggman back to his home zone is because he already filled in the gap that Robotnik left behind. Also, like I said before, Robotnik isn't quite dead; just stuck in a void between time and space. This also prevent the Zone Cops from going into there and bring back Robotnik; they have only have the technology to go through universes, not dimensions.

When Robotnik came back his molecules were unstable anyway.

He came back briefly for an Issue before Sonic and his friends zapped him back into his unstable state, making him unable to come back in his original form. Issue #108.
This post has been edited by Dr. Mecha: 22 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

#739 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:50 AM

View PostDr. Mecha, on 22 February 2012 - 01:32 AM, said:

He came back briefly for an Issue before Sonic and his friends zapped him back into his unstable state, making him unable to come back in his original form. Issue #108.

All I remember from that issue is his melting pudding face:
Posted Image

#740 User is offline Tylinos 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:12 AM

At least Robotnik had a reason to have the melty face. His molecular structure was falling apart.

Yeah, I know that wasn't what the artist had in mind, but I like to think of it that way.

#741 User is offline biggestsonicfan 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 12:31 PM

• Model2B Junkie
  • Project:Sonic the Fighters ... Always
Years of damage control after discovering that yes, Honey in fact had pigtails just like her Fighting Vipers counterpart, wasted. A glitch in an emulator that wasn't fixed for almost 4 years after her discovery. Guess her image truly is THAT saturated.

As small as the image is, I'm still disappointed it's inaccurate, and will likely be the only Sega related cameo the character will ever get. Well, aside from the Saturn copy of Fighting Vipers intro.

EDIT: It's seemingly taking forever to get approval to join the BumbleKing Comics forum, which is what Ian states as his only form of communication he wishes to use. Could anyone mention to him that's already registered that I'm wishing to speak with him?

EDIT2: Got in contact with Ian. He said that is the first he's ever seen/heard of the pigtails. I also mentioned the yes, as her Fighting Vipers counterpart had brown eyes, not blue. He said he'd pass the word along, but it would be unlikely that changes could be made for something so small and so close to a printing. He didn't say it was impossible though :V
This post has been edited by biggestsonicfan: 02 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

#742 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:26 AM

Has anyone checked out Sonic Super Special mag #2? I flicked through it in my local comic shop and they removed Amy's boner from that Sonic Adventure story! :v:

#743 User is offline Travelsonic 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:42 AM

While pondering over my issue #3 of the pre-regular-series [May 1993], I became fascinated with the idea of taking the original series, and scanning them page by page - then taking the images, fixing them up [removing wrinlkles, tears, etc, "restoring" them], and making PDFs out of them - cover to cover, ads and all. Anybody up to such an effort? It will be hard since I have a lot of re-releases from 1998 with different ads, along with original issues, but it would be a cool project to undertake.
This post has been edited by Travelsonic: 02 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

#744 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:45 AM

View PostGagaMan, on 02 March 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

Has anyone checked out Sonic Super Special mag #2? I flicked through it in my local comic shop and they removed Amy's boner from that Sonic Adventure story! :v:

Wait, What? Explain I skipped those idiot adaptions.

#745 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

View PostLanzer, on 02 March 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

#746 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

Jesus, what the HELL were they thinking?...

Does someone have the edited page?

#747 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostGagaMan, on 02 March 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

It looks like those people on the left are looking at it too.

#748 User is offline Azu 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

• I must be stupid.
I'm guessing it's meant to be her hammer.

Anyway. Just read Sonic #234. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ at this whole ark. I don't think any arc has made me just go "ಠ_ಠ" besides the Aizen arc in Bleach and the 3rd episode pf Magical Trolldoka.
This post has been edited by Azu: 07 March 2012 - 03:31 PM

#749 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

• Oh, that hit single "Summertime Loving, Loving in the Summer (Time)"?
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94

View PostGagaMan, on 02 March 2012 - 12:21 PM, said:

Posted Image

Lol. World Trade Center.

Anyway, shit's getting fucking real in the comics now. I'm actually legit excited for the next issue.

#750 User is offline Azu 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:32 PM

• I must be stupid.
I kind of wish these were weekly instead of monthly.

• 124 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users