don't click here

Differences with the Flicky arcade version and the Genesis

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by GT Koopa, Jan 7, 2011.

1. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
  2. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    What in the flying fuck-

Very cool. And while we're at it, how many people are actually aware of that easter egg where if you finish certain levels quickly enough, a chick in panties pops up in one of the windows and shakes her rump? You'd think this would be pretty well-documented known by now, but I've never actually seen anyone mention it (save for this chap ('cause thats where u score mad points !))

3. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Then add the differences - it's a wiki

there are many undocumented versions of Flicky. The Sonic Café version for example. Or the Sharp X1/NEC PC-8801/Fujitsu FM-7 versions. Even the MSX and SG-1000 ports haven't seen that much attention over the years.

4. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    You made me think it was a bird kind of chick. Ok. Wiki. I'll see what I can do...probably.

5. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    Speaking of Sonic Cafe, has anything ever got released in the form of a .jar or something? There are some things the Sonic Cafe versions of Sonic 1/2 has that the Glu versions don't, like special stages. I looked everywhere, but I can't find anything.

6. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    [​IMG]

Used Regen. Found where the lives are in the RAM. D882. Setting it to say..."99" produces humorous results. Is there such a thing as Flicky hacking? How much do we know?

7. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Humorous? Wouldn't it just give you 153 lives?

8. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    [​IMG]

There is a flicky head for every life. It covers the bottom of the screen. That's all I'm getting at.

9. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    There's a sexier version of Pengo too. Possibly the best looking version out there. And Doki Doki Penguin Land. And Monaco GP.

It would be a very good to save Sonic Café games by hosting them online. I can't imagine they'll be available from Sega forever, especially when a lot of mobiles they were designed for are obsolete.

This could probably apply to all mobile phone games actually. The library's massive and I think it's just as important to preserve them as it is to preserve ROM dumps.

10. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    On that subject, I have a shitload of jars of Sonic games released for mobiles, including ASR and Unleashed, in different resolutions. Would they be of any use anywhere?

11. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I started mucking around with the SG-1000 version. Didn't get very far, but I'll get back to it one day.

12. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Isn't Sonic Café that Japanese-only thing? Made for special Japanese cellphones? If so, it's going to be damn hard to get anything from it, unless someone on Retro actually lives in Japan and has one of the compatible phones to actually get the games.

13. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Green Gibbon!'s holed up somewhere in grorius Nippon. I wonder if he ever went out of his way to give it a shot? He isn't exactly a Sonic fanatic these days.

14. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    For s's and g's one day, I opened the Genesis ROM in a HEX editor, and messed around with some locations. I even managed to find where the mappings for the elephant in the BG of the second level were and I messed with the ASCII text on the intro screen. But I don't think I documented anything and that said ROM is on a dead hard drive. (My computer's hard drive died back in November. >.>)