Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Vector In Sonic 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Vector In Sonic 1 'FIND DA COMPUTER ROOM!!!'

#91 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
One of these days you should release a compilation hack of all these characters in one hack. Or at least a Chaotix in Sonic 1 hack since I think you've done all of them at this point... except Espio? I forget.

#92 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

• Wiki edits:41
No Espio yet. I have been experimenting but so far his movelist is a mystery to program for me.

As for a compilation hack, not sure. Not tried out adding new characters before. Truthfully getting one to work is fiddly enough without making branches and lists for two or three.
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 29 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

#93 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

Sorry for the double post, just wanted to make a quick check before I release the final revision.

I've fine tuned most of the hack. I (or more specifically flamewing) can alter the climb to work more like Chaotix so you can't jump dash after jumping off a wall, or I can keep the jump dash unlocked so you can abuse it to hell on walls. Which would you prefer?

Also I'm wondering whether to let Vector water skim. It's kinda random but I thought adding a minor water specific move would fit Vector (similar to wall smash for Mighty), especially since few of the Knuckles Chaotix characters could interact much with the levels due to how generic they were. Should I add it or keep his moveset as is?
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 10 February 2012 - 08:24 PM

#94 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:50 PM

• 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Wiki edits:14,865
I think you should try to make the character similar to how he is in Chaotix so I vote for keeping him similar to that.

#95 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:25 PM

• Amigo
  • Project:Finding a job, Sonic Triad Studio, Sonic 1 REV C
  • Wiki edits:1
I'm all for unique moves. A water skim and climbing Vector would be nice. The bubble gum drop would be magnificent IMO.

Oh, and please don't break the climbing mechanic. Make it challenging. I'm against unlocking the jump dash after a climb.
This post has been edited by KingofHarts: 10 February 2012 - 11:26 PM

#96 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

• Wiki edits:18
I'm of the same oppinion as MathUser.

Making the character behave the closest possible to its Chaotix counterpart would be sweet, since it's what SEGA might have done had they abused the Lock-On technology, back in the day.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 11 February 2012 - 09:31 AM

#97 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

Okay uploaded new revision with alterations according to Knuckles Chaotix (eg. no dash after wall climb, lower dash speed, glitch with invincibility with wall climb fixed). Also fixed a few sprite/pallette problems and tried my best to alter some collision issues with climbing in some areas. Can be found on the wiki link given before.

If there are any problems found, please say, otherwise I think this project is done. :)
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 11 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users