Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Vector In Sonic 1 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Vector In Sonic 1 'FIND DA COMPUTER ROOM!!!'

#31 User is offline pyrotix 

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

• Project:Newmindspace

#32 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:32 PM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
QUOTE (nineko @ Dec 28 2010, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (Ravenfreak @ Dec 28 2010, 11:34 PM)
perhaps there'll be a Espio in Sonic 1 hack in the future? ^_^
You mean this?
v.png Well in that case how about Charmy? Mighty's already been in Sonic 1 and of course so was Knux.

#33 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:33 PM

• Fresh coat of paint
  • Wiki edits:10
Lookin for characters to make a hack for? I'm betting you could make a legit Metal Sonic hack.

Please make a legit Metal Sonic in Sonic 1 hack. Yes people have put him in, but he's never been complete as far as I know.

#34 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 01:29 AM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086
This is an excellent hack! I love it when new characters get the Sonic 1 treatment.

One little bug: Underwater, the air bubbles don't come from Vector's mouth! They come from where Sonic's head used to be.

And another thing, if you plan on making another character hack, let me list all those that have been done already, and to what extent they were completed:

Tails in Sonic 1 - Flying 100% similar to Sonic 3, Sprites Sonic 2'ed.

Knuckles in Sonic 1 - Gliding and Climbing present, Pallete issues fixed.

Amy in Sonic 1 - New moves with hammer, new sprites in style of Sonic CD Amy.

Eggman in Sonic 1 - Running animation and...thats it. Collision/gameplay were never finished.

Mighty in Sonic 1 - Gameplay, Chaotix moves, and sprites all here.

Vector in Sonic 1 - New moves, sprites, and even a few Chaotix moves!

Espio in Sonic 1 - Spin Dash now his Twister move ala Chaotix, sprites all here.

Motobug in Sonic 1 - Sprites, acceleration, and gameplay all altered.

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1 - Sprites the only thing changed, and not all of them at that!

Mecha Sonic in Sonic 1 - Sprites and Spindash present, Collision rewritten for larger character.

Sally Acorn in Sonic 1 - New moves, altered gameplay, and sprites!

Needlemouse in Sonic 1 - Sonic in his original form, with sprite changes!

And here are characters that were Genesized but weren't in a strictly Sonic 1 Hack:

Shadow in Sonic Megamix

Chao in Project Shadow 2

Manic in Sonic 1: Brother Trouble

Sonia in The S Factor

Silver in the S Factor

Thats all I can find. Any more?

#35 User is offline Arctides 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:30 AM

• I am a bloated bag of hate.
  • Wiki edits:2
Personally.. I'd like to see a decent Blaze hack. It surprises me that no one's attempted a half-way decent one by now.

#36 User is offline Vinchenz 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:07 AM

• ↑ & ↓ & ↻
  • Project:Research
I wanna see Super Mario in Sonic at some point. :P

But this thread isn't the place for that, I don't think...

#37 User is offline shihe 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

Tails in Sonic 1 - Flying 100% similar to Sonic 3, Sprites Sonic 2'ed.

Knuckles in Sonic 1 - Gliding and Climbing present, Pallete issues fixed.

Amy in Sonic 1 - New moves with hammer, new sprites in style of Sonic CD Amy.

Eggman in Sonic 1 - Running animation and...thats it. Collision/gameplay were never finished.

Mighty in Sonic 1 - Gameplay, Chaotix moves, and sprites all here.

Vector in Sonic 1 - New moves, sprites, and even a few Chaotix moves!

Espio in Sonic 1 - Spin Dash now his Twister move ala Chaotix, sprites all here.

Motobug in Sonic 1 - Sprites, acceleration, and gameplay all altered.

Metal Sonic in Sonic 1 - Sprites the only thing changed, and not all of them at that!

Mecha Sonic in Sonic 1 - Sprites and Spindash present, Collision rewritten for larger character.

Sally Acorn in Sonic 1 - New moves, altered gameplay, and sprites!

Needlemouse in Sonic 1 - Sonic in his original form, with sprite changes!

Did I miss something? I don't recall there being a Mighty hack that incorporates his Chaotix moves (aka, spindash and wall jumping). Would be awesome if there is. Megamix has him play like Sonic from Sonic 3. But I do love the shield-swapping ability. :D Leaves room for crazy stuff, like, infinite double jump.

And Espio, from South Island Adventure, has a lot of incomplete sprites, I wish the creator would go back to finish it, because then it would be one of my favorite hacks as well. (Not to mention if he manages to make Espio walk and run up walls and ceiling)
This post has been edited by shihe: 29 December 2010 - 08:04 AM

#38 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:30 AM

• Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (shihe @ Dec 29 2010, 09:03 AM)
Did I miss something? I don't recall there being a Mighty hack that incorporates his Chaotix moves (aka, spindash and wall jumping). Would be awesome if there is. Megamix has him play like Sonic from Sonic 3. But I do love the shield-swapping ability. :D Leaves room for crazy stuff, like, infinite double jump.

And Espio, from South Island Adventure, has a lot of incomplete sprites, I wish the creator would go back to finish it, because then it would be one of my favorite hacks as well. (Not to mention if he manages to make Espio walk and run up walls and ceiling)

Finding a way to code wall collision mechanics would be useful for many characters (I wanted to give Sally a wall jump as well). I guess I may have to look into Knuckles' climbing programming for that (especially for Vector, who basically uses a refined version of the move).

As for all those entries, yeah if I remember correctly Mighty and Espio were more sprite edits or used alternative moves (not like I can talk right now since Sally and Vector are half finished), that said since they were kinda barebones characters outside wall moves it's not as evident. I already have plans for Cream (though that will likely just be a rehash of Tails' moveset, don't know to insert something like Cheese) and may work on Charmy later as well. I have very early ideas for Bunnie and maybe Julie Su as well though it depends on how their movesets would work out (Bunnie's Mars concept sounds rather complex).
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 29 December 2010 - 09:31 AM

#39 User is offline shihe 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Dec 29 2010, 09:30 AM)
I already have plans for Cream (though that will likely just be a rehash of Tails' moveset, don't know to insert something like Cheese) and may work on Charmy later as well. I have very early ideas for Bunnie and maybe Julie Su as well though it depends on how their movesets would work out (Bunnie's Mars concept sounds rather complex).

Idea: I know not too many people have hacked into Sonic 3 & Knuckles.. but how about copying a Super Flicky (Super Tails) to create Cheese?

I also had this idea to use Cheese as a "yoyo" so that it wouldn't be too broken of a move. 8-Directional "yoyo" like attack with cheese, with limited range, and no homing in.
And maybe you could give Cream some more horizontal momentum when flying (kinda like when you stop jamming JUMP button to fly as tails, and he starts descending slowly, but gains a lot of horizontal momentum in the process)

Just ideas off the top of my head, I guess.
This post has been edited by shihe: 29 December 2010 - 10:01 AM

#40 User is offline JcFerggy 

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:42 PM

• Yum
  • Project:GoldenEye: Source
  • Wiki edits:57
Why not just do a giant CHARACTER in Sonic 1 hack, where all characters are present via options menu. That will solve everything then :P
This post has been edited by JcFerggy: 29 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

#41 User is offline Kiajinn 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

• is a Badnik Battery
  • Project:16 Bit: Sleeping Egg Zone (Sonic Chaos)
This was awesome, like a dream come true.

Less things would look odd if you simply made Vector's Spines use the Red Sonic Did, And Based on his color pallet Eggrobo would make a fine Eggman replacement, Since Vector doesn't use any flesh tones.
Mind you those bright pink Choppers and Crabmeat do look kinda awesome.

As others have said can't wait for the Sonic 2 Edition that's if one is even on the cards, I don't envy the guy that makes the corkscrew sprites...

Bug wise, I haven't seen anything... had a few issues reaching a switch in Marble Zone Act 2 (The one in the small gap early on, that opens the press thing) I couldn't fit in the gap easily.
Also does Vector have a lower jump height? Seemed like it, but I guess the Shoulder Bash makes up for it.

Well that is my five rings I'm off too play some more and ponder why Vector is so freaked out on the Labyrinth Zone water slides.

#42 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Vinchenz @ Dec 29 2010, 12:07 AM)
I wanna see Super Mario in Sonic at some point. :P

Sonmari?

#43 User is offline Azukara 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

• Don't let's start!
  • Project:Sonic World Runner
  • Wiki edits:27
QUOTE (JcFerggy @ Dec 29 2010, 01:42 PM)
Why not just do a giant CHARACTER in Sonic 1 hack, where all characters are present via options menu. That will solve everything then :P

I approve of this. A Sonic 1 hack with every Sonic character possible put into the game. :3'''

#44 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Dec 29 2010, 09:30 AM)
QUOTE (shihe @ Dec 29 2010, 09:03 AM)

Finding a way to code wall collision mechanics would be useful for many characters (I wanted to give Sally a wall jump as well). I guess I may have to look into Knuckles' climbing programming for that (especially for Vector, who basically uses a refined version of the move).

As for all those entries, yeah if I remember correctly Mighty and Espio were more sprite edits or used alternative moves (not like I can talk right now since Sally and Vector are half finished), that said since they were kinda barebones characters outside wall moves it's not as evident. I already have plans for Cream (though that will likely just be a rehash of Tails' moveset, don't know to insert something like Cheese) and may work on Charmy later as well. I have very early ideas for Bunnie and maybe Julie Su as well though it depends on how their movesets would work out (Bunnie's Mars concept sounds rather complex).

Why don't you make Cheese like in this hack?

#45 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

• Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (Kiajinn @ Jan 6 2011, 07:43 AM)
This was awesome, like a dream come true.

Less things would look odd if you simply made Vector's Spines use the Red Sonic Did, And Based on his color pallet Eggrobo would make a fine Eggman replacement, Since Vector doesn't use any flesh tones.
Mind you those bright pink Choppers and Crabmeat do look kinda awesome.

As others have said can't wait for the Sonic 2 Edition that's if one is even on the cards, I don't envy the guy that makes the corkscrew sprites...

Bug wise, I haven't seen anything... had a few issues reaching a switch in Marble Zone Act 2 (The one in the small gap early on, that opens the press thing) I couldn't fit in the gap easily.
Also does Vector have a lower jump height? Seemed like it, but I guess the Shoulder Bash makes up for it.

Well that is my five rings I'm off too play some more and ponder why Vector is so freaked out on the Labyrinth Zone water slides.

Glad you like it. :D

I wanted to keep Vector as authentic to his original sprite as possible (though I did lose at least two shades of color due to 32X's more advanced pallettes). I can fix Eggman and some of the other bad guys to an extent (basically to the same quality they are in the Amy hack which had similar problems) I'm just getting most of the basics finished first.

I might make a Sonic 2 hack later on, right now I'm a bit preoccupied with my current projects however and don't want to add too much to the pile (though I MIGHT experiment with Charmy at some point).

Yes, I was trying to make it authentic to Vector's stats in Chaotix (albeit translated to Sonic 1's slightly looser physics) where he is a rather heavy character. The dash moves I suppose were meant to balance it (with the upward dash acting somewhat like a double jump) along with stealing Knux's climbing move. I've almost got the diagonal dash moves programmed in too for the next revision (par a few tweaks), we'll have to see about climbing abilities however.

If people have suggestions about the pallette as well as his stats (some have pointed out possible differences it has from his Chaotix mechanics) you can discuss it and I may look into it (the red I admit isn't that noticable on his sprites).

• 7 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users