Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Classic Heroes - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 101 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Classic Heroes Rise of the Chaotix (sorry, Mighty) - v0.10.008a out

#1051 User is offline King 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:50 PM

View PostKingofHarts, on 11 March 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Wow... this transition and stuff looks good. I did want to ask one thing, however... In canon, Green Hill and Emerald Hill are on 2 separate islands: South and Westside Islands, respectively.

That's the problem I see with the current transition idea with the video. How does Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get from one island to the other? An idea for this would be have the screen turn dark after they pose (like for the S3 final boss) and have some kind of machine or boss from S1/S2 come swoop in and kidnap all three but during the flight they break free and land in the area of Emerald Hill Zone? Something like that to explain the move from island to island.

Of course you'd have to handle the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic 1 (restored in the ending then the posing) to the Emeralds from Sonic 2 coming into play.

So many variables!

#1052 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:54 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostKing, on 18 March 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

How does Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get from one island to the other?

By jumping on a teleport monitor, obviously. Fuck you, Firefox, teleport is so totally a word.

#1053 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

• Amigo
  • Project:Finding a job, Sonic Triad Studio, Sonic 1 REV C

View PostKing, on 18 March 2012 - 11:50 PM, said:

How does Sonic, Tails and Knuckles get from one island to the other?

The Tornado?

#1054 User is offline Xodras 

Posted 22 March 2012 - 12:24 PM

In the up-coming version, whilst three people are playing, would you be willing to implement a way that everyone could switch characters? Two people pressing a button at the same time for example.

#1055 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:29 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474
Working on something for the hell of it, and thought you guys might find it useful. :P It's not finished yet, as PSG isn't complete, but http://www.hapisan.com/longCredits.vgz (please ignore the terrible Aquatic Ruin modulation, I do know why it's doing that)

#1056 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

• Elite Hacker
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostCinossu, on 24 March 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Working on something for the hell of it, and thought you guys might find it useful. :P It's not finished yet, as PSG isn't complete, but http://www.hapisan.com/longCredits.vgz (please ignore the terrible Aquatic Ruin modulation, I do know why it's doing that)

I had been thinking of doing something like that, but I kept putting it off because I probably wouldn't be able to do a decent transition between the S1 and S2 songs. It is sounding good at this point, but I think that the SYZ->MTZ transition is sounding a bit off. Maybe remixing the MTZ song earlier and removing the drum beats between them (around 1:39) would sound better?

In any case, I'd love to include the final version on the hack if you will allow it.

Edit: there also seems to be a stray note in EHZ portion, at about 2:01-2:02.
This post has been edited by flamewing: 24 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

#1057 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
I dunno if this has been resolved but I think the Sonic 2 boss music might work.

#1058 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:40 AM

• Amigo
Would the Sonic 1 final zone music be ok? I mean, I know that its after the zone is completed... but still, I think it'd be kinda nice, if right after you beat the zone, and all seems well and over. The music hits again... and then you see the doctor escape. That said though, I do like the choice of S3K's final boss theme. It does fit.

#1059 User is offline Cinossu 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474

View Postflamewing, on 24 March 2012 - 08:44 PM, said:

I had been thinking of doing something like that, but I kept putting it off because I probably wouldn't be able to do a decent transition between the S1 and S2 songs. It is sounding good at this point, but I think that the SYZ->MTZ transition is sounding a bit off. Maybe remixing the MTZ song earlier and removing the drum beats between them (around 1:39) would sound better?
Yeah, I know I need to get that transition working better, but I'm kinda unsure what to do. I'm tempted to remove SYZ altogether, considering the different time signature, the length of the full song, and the fact Sonic 2's credits doesn't have every song anyway.

There also seems to be a stray note in EHZ portion, at about 2:01-2:02.
That's on the PSG channels, which aren't done for Sonic 2 yet. I thought I'd get the transition finalised between the games on FM first before worrying about that.

In any case, I'd love to include the final version on the hack if you will allow it.
Of course. :P I wouldnt've offered otherwise.

#1060 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

• Elite Hacker
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)

View PostAerosolSP, on 24 March 2012 - 09:01 PM, said:

I dunno if this has been resolved but I think the Sonic 2 boss music might work.

View PostKingofHarts, on 25 March 2012 - 02:40 AM, said:

Would the Sonic 1 final zone music be ok? I mean, I know that its after the zone is completed... but still, I think it'd be kinda nice, if right after you beat the zone, and all seems well and over. The music hits again... and then you see the doctor escape. That said though, I do like the choice of S3K's final boss theme. It does fit.

If the two of you are talking about the S1->S2 transition: I cut one of the starting loops of the S3&K final boss song and adjusted the timings so that the Death Egg and the Wing Fortress come on-screen earlier; the timing seems a lot better now. I may post a video when I got the time to finish the emerald sequence. I am extremely unlikely to change the song to another song, especially one that -- like the Sonic 2 boss, Sonic 2 final boss or Final zone songs -- do not fit the cutscene at all.

View PostCinossu, on 25 March 2012 - 04:42 AM, said:

Yeah, I know I need to get that transition working better, but I'm kinda unsure what to do. I'm tempted to remove SYZ altogether, considering the different time signature, the length of the full song, and the fact Sonic 2's credits doesn't have every song anyway.

I could also add some of the S1 credits to the mix whenever they are different from those of S2, and not speed up the credits slightly as I have been doing. It will also allow me to expand a bit on the hack credits, as well as maybe add some S3/S&K credits (several graphics, some songs, ported over code). But even with all that, I guess you are right -- the song is likely to be too long.

#1061 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

• Elite Hacker
Sorry for the double post, but:

View PostXodras, on 22 March 2012 - 12:24 PM, said:

In the up-coming version, whilst three people are playing, would you be willing to implement a way that everyone could switch characters? Two people pressing a button at the same time for example.
I liked this idea, so I implemented it. From now on, whenever a player-controlled character is holding a button to swap characters at the same frame, that player is considered eligible for a character swap (other constraints still apply -- being on-screen, not being in CPU spawn mode, not being controlled by another object, being in normal control mode). This doesn't mean such characters will have precedence over other characters for swapping -- just that he is a valid swap target.

For example, in the default formation (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles): if Sonic and Knuckles are player-controlled but Tails is CPU controlled, and if Knuckles' player is holding either A or X then:
  • if Sonic's player presses X, Sonic and Knuckles will be swapped;
  • if Sonic's player presses A, Sonic and Tails will be swapped.

#1062 User is offline Deef 

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

As someone else already said, it's great watching how you take good ideas and just implement them in days.

My main comment on that ending scene is that the Death Egg should be multiple times bigger. From there, to figure out another way to present it to the player. Because the way it is now it looks either really small, or it's a behemoth that's far in the distance flying at a ridiculous speed that just happens to line up with our perspective and Wing Fortress. I don't have any real suggestions coming to mind though.

#1063 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:41 AM

• Amigo
Wow... already. Got that three player switch...
Flamewing, I love you... (No homo)

In all seriousness though. Back to the music bit, the S3K theme does fit, I do agree. I would say just leave what you have as a temporary transition for the moment. and then in the future, try to put together something more realistic (In terms of the size of the Death Egg compared to the Wing Fortress... AND the speed). But it does look great, with the dark tone music, and the heroes rushing of... You can feel the urgency and tension in the cutscene. Love it.

ALSO, a quick side note, since S1 and S2 are combined, and we are getting the Death Egg saga in this one game, any chance we can see this sprite somewhere in the game: Posted Image The actual Death Egg portion of the sprite should be this... if its possible to fit that many colors in: Posted Image

I think it could fit in Scrap Brain Zone... hidden somewhere as a slight tease of what's to come...

#1064 User is offline Xodras 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

So, this exists.
http://www.ebay.co.u...2?#ht_547wt_932

Huh.

#1065 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10
You know you've made it when Pirates are making this into a cartridge game.

• 101 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users