Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Classic Heroes - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 101 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Classic Heroes Rise of the Chaotix (sorry, Mighty) - v0.10.008a out

#1036 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

• Wiki edits:196

View Postflamewing, on 11 March 2012 - 05:25 PM, said:

And if the only reason for using another song is for it being "out of place" -- this is a terrible argument. I mean: this is a hack that has Tails and Knuckles in Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 levels, using S3&K sprites, moves and shields, super and hyper transformations, and more characters/teams in the queue.
Actually, you're completely correct! Never mind.

And regardless of its origin, why was I expressing doubts about the inclusion of one of the greatest tracks in the series? :british:

But in any case, there is another S3&K song which will be making an appearance, but I am not saying where or how -- it is a surprise (although 2 or 3 people know something about it, and may be able to guess -- if they know I am talking about them). Suffice to say, people will be in awe for several reasons.
I am pumped.

#1037 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostICEknight, on 11 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Which reminds me, shouldn't Eggman's ship be half exploding? That would add some noise to the scene.

I list that in the video description as one of the things I still have to do -- Eggman will be leaving a trail of smoke behind if you hit him at the end of Final Zone.

View PostICEknight, on 11 March 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

Anyway, I understand the scene is intended to be synchronized to the music, but I feel the Wing Fortress and Death Egg take a bit too much to appear.

I am thinking of editing the music to remove one of the initial loops; I will see how it sounds and report after I try.

View PostICEknight, on 11 March 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Or... He could put a sprite that looks like the further mountains overlapping it.

That... would work. Especially since I have all animals running away already.

View Postdsrb, on 11 March 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

And regardless of its origin, why was I expressing doubts about the inclusion of one of the greatest tracks in the series? :british:

I can express nothing but agreement: that track really is great!

#1038 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

• Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle...
  • Project:Sonic Triad Studio, Sonic 1 REV C
  • Wiki edits:1

But in any case, there is another S3&K song which will be making an appearance, but I am not saying where or how -- it is a surprise (although 2 or 3 people know something about it, and may be able to guess -- if they know I am talking about them). Suffice to say, people will be in awe for several reasons.

I'm not one of the 2 or 3 people mentioned, obviously... but for some reason I have a good feeling of what it may be.
I'm not saying anything about what I'm thinking, in the rather off chance that it's actually what you are doing... I'll keep my mouth shut.
Looking forward to this...

#1039 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:50 PM

• Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle...
  • Project:Sonic Triad Studio, Sonic 1 REV C
  • Wiki edits:1
Wow... this transition and stuff looks good. I did want to ask one thing, however... In canon, Green Hill and Emerald Hill are on 2 separate islands: South and Westside Islands, respectively.

Shouldn't there be something... like MAYBE... Amy and the Tornado? Maybe in a brief cutscene, taking them to the next island? It seems to make no sense for them to simply run to Emerald Hill Zone... But that's just nitpicking. I love how this is looking. I don't even care about getting more teams... just give us this. I'm happy :specialed:

#1040 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

• Merry Assmas
  • Project:School, drawing, and videogames. Not all at once though'
Speaking of Amy and the Tornado, I wondered why the SA Amy design was used instead of the classic one.

And regarding the ending scene, the first frame still has Tails viewing the explosion instead of Amy.

#1041 User is online MotorRoach 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:38 AM

View PostZinos, on 13 March 2012 - 10:02 AM, said:

And regarding the ending scene, the first frame still has Tails viewing the explosion instead of Amy.

Really? I always thought it was a squirrel on the first scene, but I'm unsure.

#1042 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:57 PM

• Wiki edits:18
That's indeed the squirrel, not Tails.

#1043 User is offline RGamer2009 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:17 PM

• True Blue
  • Wiki edits:3,086

View PostKingofHarts, on 11 March 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

Wow... this transition and stuff looks good. I did want to ask one thing, however... In canon, Green Hill and Emerald Hill are on 2 separate islands: South and Westside Islands, respectively.

Shouldn't there be something... like MAYBE... Amy and the Tornado? Maybe in a brief cutscene, taking them to the next island? It seems to make no sense for them to simply run to Emerald Hill Zone... But that's just nitpicking. I love how this is looking. I don't even care about getting more teams... just give us this. I'm happy :specialed:

This would be awesome to see implemented. It would make more sense too.

#1044 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

View Postflamewing, on 10 March 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostCinossu, on 23 January 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Here's a fancy idea: Add in the ending cutscene from Sonic 1. Make it so the emeralds you have spin into the sky and flash as normal if you had all 6 (and change the layout if you have all 6 only) with Sonic/Tails/Knuckles looking puzzled at their disappearance, before running off to Emerald Hill instead of jumping into the sky for the ending pose.

Something like this?

I like the transition, but like someone mentioned before, maybe the Death Egg should fly up out of the ground into space or something. I wouldn't take it as being capable of flying itself in any other direction besides up or down, especially that fast. I mean it came nothing close to that speed even with all the propulsion it used to rocket up to Sky Sanctuary, so seeing it go sideways moving that fast doesn't make sense.
This post has been edited by Knucklez: 14 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

#1045 User is offline The Growler 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostKnucklez, on 13 March 2012 - 03:35 PM, said:

View Postflamewing, on 10 March 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

View PostCinossu, on 23 January 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Here's a fancy idea: Add in the ending cutscene from Sonic 1. Make it so the emeralds you have spin into the sky and flash as normal if you had all 6 (and change the layout if you have all 6 only) with Sonic/Tails/Knuckles looking puzzled at their disappearance, before running off to Emerald Hill instead of jumping into the sky for the ending pose.

Something like this?
[snip] *cool idea* [/snip]

I like the transition, but like someone mentioned before, maybe the Death Egg should fly up out of the ground into space or something. I wouldn't take it as being capable of flying itself in any other direction besides up or down, especially that fast. I mean it came nothing close to that speed even with all the propulsion it used to rocket up to Sky Sanctuary, so seeing it go sideways moving that fast doesn't make sense.

I do indeed like the ideas as said here; but if you have the go-ahead with the first idea (as long as the DE is moving a *lot* slower), it'd be cool to see it getting darker quite quickly - as though the Death Egg is blotting out the sun as it moves.

Perhaps there could be something towing the Death Egg someplace? We certainly know how fast he can build huge fleets and stuff (eg. like in Unleashed's intro)
This post has been edited by The Growler: 13 March 2012 - 05:10 PM

#1046 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

• Wiki edits:18
Something I've just noticed, why is he entering the Wing Fortress? He's going to be seen as the boss for the next level (Emerald Hill), after all...

...Or is Eggrobo in charge again? :v:
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

#1047 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12

View PostICEknight, on 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Something I've just noticed, why is he entering the Wing Fortress? He's going to be seen as the boss for the next level (Emerald Hill), after all...

To get faster at Emerald Hill :v:

And to get the new eggpod.
This post has been edited by flamewing: 13 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

#1048 User is offline jasonchrist 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:19 PM

• Give Us A Wank
  • Project:Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
Instead of breaking up the flow of the game, try this:
After fighting Robotnik in FZ and delivering the final blow to the S1 eggpod have a cutscene right then and there.
The S1 eggpod explodes and goes off screen, THEN he re-emerges in his fresh new S2 eggpod. They follow him to an outside part of Scrap Brain where you can see the launch of the Death Egg in the background.

#1049 User is offline MathUser 

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

• 3rd top wiki contributor
  • Wiki edits:14,865
I'm against removing original stuff. Keep the ending cutscene.

#1050 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

• Merry Assmas
  • Project:School, drawing, and videogames. Not all at once though'

View PostICEknight, on 13 March 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

That's indeed the squirrel, not Tails.

Oh. It looked a lot like Tails to me when I saw it.

• 101 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users