Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 20 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic 4.

#16 User is offline The Game Collector 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:40 AM

• Project:Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
So let me get this straight. Does the Wii version not have any minecarts in Lost Labyrinth Act 2 at all, making it different from the PS3 version in level design as well? Or are you guys talking about a minecart only level that was replaced? The reason I ask was because near the end of that stage, I used a minecart and had to jump over a few pits just like in Donkey Kong Country for SNES. It was a pretty short segment though.

#17 User is offline Afti 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:43 AM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/05/leaked-s...e-is-all-yours/

The minecart level in the iShit versions was intended for the console versions, and apparently large parts of it still exist in them.

#18 User is offline Namo 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:44 AM

• take a screenshot of your heart
QUOTE (The Game Collector @ Oct 13 2010, 01:40 AM)
So let me get this straight. Does the Wii version not have any minecarts in Lost Labyrinth Act 2 at all, making it different from the PS3 version in level design as well? Or are you guys talking about a minecart only level that was replaced? The reason I ask was because near the end of that stage, I used a minecart and had to jump over a few pits just like in Donkey Kong Country for SNES. It was a pretty short segment though.

The Wii version's got the same treatment. There's only a small minecart segment.

#19 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:48 AM

• NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev
  • Wiki edits:9
so hey, I was just thinking, since wii hacking is apparently all the rage, would it be possible to stop sonic from uncurling when he hits a ramp? I'm unfamiliar with wii hacking, but I'd imagine it couldn't be too difficult - just change the pointer which changes sonic's state from rolling to flailing back to the rolling state.

Or am I way off base here?

#20 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:02 AM

• Project:All the bitches.
  • Wiki edits:582
So you know the ending pose Sonic does?

http://imgur.com/SwYan.png

Well while looking through the files I found 2 ending poses I don't remember seeing.

I beat the game as Super Sonic, and normal Sonic, and neither of those appeared, it was just that first one both times.

#21 User is offline Afti 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:04 AM

• ORIGINAL MACHINE
  • Wiki edits:336
Aren't SEGA planning for three episodes, exactly?

I wonder if these could have been done ahead of time for those...

#22 User is offline The Game Collector 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 01:07 AM

• Project:Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
QUOTE (Afti @ Oct 13 2010, 05:43 AM)
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/05/leaked-s...e-is-all-yours/

The minecart level in the iShit versions was intended for the console versions, and apparently large parts of it still exist in them.

Ah now I see. iPhones got this special version of the level instead of the normal one the console versions got. From the looks of that video, I'm glad that it wasn't required in the console versions in order to complete the game. It might still be fun to try hacked versions that let you control that stage in a different way. I never found that whole tilt idea very fun, even when I tried Kiby Tilt n Tumble at the store.

#23 User is offline Spanner 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

• The Tool
  • Project:Sonic Hacking Contest
  • Wiki edits:2,193
QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Oct 13 2010, 07:02 AM)
So you know the ending pose Sonic does?

I wonder what stopped them from putting that in? Too lazy to add a section of code for a good ending but it's piss easy to add a screen at the end?

#24 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21
So what happens if you finish E.G.G. Station without losing any rings and then pick up all the rings in the ending sequence? Maybe you get the Super Sonic pose? Still badass either way. I prefer that Sonic pose to the one that's used in-game.
This post has been edited by Sonic Warrior TJ: 13 October 2010 - 11:13 AM

#25 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Sonic Warrior TJ @ Oct 13 2010, 12:13 PM)
So what happens if you finish E.G.G. Station without losing any rings and then pick up all the rings in the ending sequence? Maybe you get the Super Sonic pose? Still badass either way. I prefer that Sonic pose to the one that's used in-game.

If I counted correctly there are only 30 rings during Egg Station, so I don't think that can happen.

#26 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Oct 13 2010, 09:41 PM)
If I counted correctly there are only 30 rings during Egg Station, so I don't think that can happen.

33, and 21 in the ending... totalling 54. So, I think it's possible. Never managed it, though,

#27 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Oct 13 2010, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Oct 13 2010, 09:41 PM)

33, and 21 in the ending... totalling 54. So, I think it's possible. Never managed it, though,

I guess I'll try later tonight, The only boss that makes me lose my rings in the Mad Gear one.

#28 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

• Wiki edits:5
Good luck, I can't beat that mother fucker without dying at least once, let alone without taking damage the whole way through. I thought it was odd that you could collect extra rings in the ending cutscene, and it's a bit of a coincidence that they equal over 50 rings altogether, and that you've found some previously unseen poses. I didn't see them either, although I do have the iPod version. I've actually only beaten the end boss twice, and both times I wasn't pay as much attention as I could have been to the ending.

That said, if you can hack the game, surely you can make yourself invulnerable or something? Give yourself some star boxes? Maybe just mess up the code?
This post has been edited by SpeedStarTMQ: 13 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

#29 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

• Likes Rise of Lyric
  • Wiki edits:21
There's 36 in E.G.G. Station actually. I keep trying to make it through, and I can beat the Egg Mech without getting hit, but I can't for the life of me make it past the Mad Gear boss without losing my fucking rings, and since it's a chase battle they fly off screen so fast you can hardly get half of them back.

So yeah, good luck Jim, we're all counting on you.
This post has been edited by Sonic Warrior TJ: 13 October 2010 - 04:48 PM

#30 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:06 PM

So I hacked the game and put 250 rings or so in the final boss, kicked his ass, and I didn't get any other ending. So both of them are unused I'm pretty sure.

• 20 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users