Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic 4.

#271 User is offline ezodagrom 

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:53 PM

View PostAerosolSP, on 24 February 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

I thought people had been doing that on their own for a while now.

If I'm not mistaken, it was done before on the XBox 360 version, but I don't think anyone has bothered to do this on the PC version until now.
This post has been edited by ezodagrom: 24 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

#272 User is offline S1impikenz 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

• Project:Sonic 1 layout hack
Wow! I just spent over an hour trying to unpack, find, and replace those two sfx files for the PC version so the spin dash had the correct sound, and just when I was about to give up I decided to go on retro, then BAM! someone found and posted a solution like literally 4 minutes prior to me seeing it! It's actually quite funny because when I saw the reply I yelled, "WOOOOW!!!!!!!!," and my parents (who were sleeping) ran into my room to see if I was okay! :v:
Thank You!

#273 User is offline 1stKirbyever 

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

Correct. Erendani fixed the SFX on the Partner.net build. Including a few physic changes among other things.

#274 User is offline Sonic Hachelle-Bee 

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

• Posting, sometimes...
  • Project:Sonic 2 Long Version
I tried to mess around with the game files too. Removed the homing attack red target and sound (but not the feature).
Yes, this means no more BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP sound all around with a bunch of red targets on top of all things. This is quite pleasant to play now.

http://www.mediafire...ib8h7e9cqzyvenv

The sound CSB file already includes the edits from ezodagrom about the spin dash (in case you are wondering).

I tried to swap some animations too. While it's quite easy to do, I fail to fully assign the (superior) spin dash animation to the jump.
The spin dash and jump animations are about the same. They have only 3 small differences:

• The spin dash uses a scaled down Sonic.
  • The spin dash has a blue ball special effect on top of it, surrounding Sonic.
  • The spin dash animation speed is controlled by code (it seems), and is usually much faster than the jump normal animation speed.

The blue ball special effect won't play on the jump animation (it does on others), and it seems to be impossible to speed it up.
You can always replace the uncurling animation with the spin dash. It works, but it's weird and you still get hit by Bubbles...

#275 User is offline ezodagrom 

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

A really small modification to the textures I've posted before for Sonic/Super Sonic and the green Orbinaut.

I kinda felt like something was a little bit off about Sonic, but I didn't know what. Made a little modification to the eyes, the white part of the eyes is whiter/less grey now (the difference is really small).

Posted Image

About the green Orbinaut, only changed the spikes:

Posted Image

http://www.mediafire...i1p8l08pse62ccr

#276 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
I believe this was the general for Sonic 4 "modding". my apoligies if this isn't and I bumped an old topic.

Anyways, I found a neat skin mod:

Some one got the Generations model semi-working. pretty cool if you ask me, I wouldn't mind this being blown up into a full blown classic skin mod.

#277 User is offline Jason 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:34 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
Dario FF's handiwork on another Sonic game, I see.

#278 User is offline Falk 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:41 PM

dat special stage music

#279 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

• DYNAMIC SONIC! EXCITING SONIC! STYLISH SONIC! UNBELIEVABLE!
  • Project:Making the world know that Lost World 3DS is terrible
  • Wiki edits:10

View PostFalk, on 02 July 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

dat special stage music

It works so much it's crazy.

#280 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
I know physics will always be out of the question, but a skin mod like this + a few altercations to the level to make it less DIMPS (Take out some bubbles chains and speed pads) would make a suitable Sonic 4 for me at least.

I knew I recognized that Special Stage music from somewhere. :p

#281 User is offline Guess Who 

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

• It's a miracle!
  • Project:lol
  • Wiki edits:2
Pfft, I did that music mod before it was cool.

#282 User is offline Chaud 

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Lol, the music fits so perfectly in that special stage that for nearly half a minute, in the video posted by Lanzer, I didn't even notice it wasn't the original one (as, the one that exists in the game). And when it hits me, I laughed harder than I should have for something that simple. And the interesting thing is that I got to complete Episode 2 at least 3 times this year. That's almost scary.
This post has been edited by Chaud: 03 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

#283 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

• Что, вы ожидали что-то остроумное?
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostChaud, on 03 July 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

Lol, the music fits so perfectly in that special stage that for nearly half a minute, in the video posted by Lanzer, I didn't even notice it wasn't the original one (as, the one that exists in the game). And when it hits me, I laughed harder than I should have for something that simple. And the interesting thing is that I got to complete Episode 2 at least 3 times this year. That's almost scary.

Heh, yeah. I've actually seen this stage played far more times with the S2 music than the original, as such the original seems even more out of place than it'd otherwise be =P

#284 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

• Amigo
  • Project:Sonic Triad Studio
I've only seen the S2 remix on this once... and my wife and I spent more time on that 7th Special Stage than I'd like to remember... and even for me... the S2 mix just feels so much more fitting. Then again I don't really care for the S4 music in the Special Stage.

Any chance there's a way to get this onto the PS3 version of the game? I'm dying to have this... and would also love to replace the music in Episode 1... god damn.

#285 User is offline Rockman Zero 

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

• Hello there, my little friend.
  • Project:Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostKingofHarts, on 04 July 2013 - 01:27 AM, said:

I've only seen the S2 remix on this once... and my wife and I spent more time on that 7th Special Stage than I'd like to remember... and even for me... the S2 mix just feels so much more fitting. Then again I don't really care for the S4 music in the Special Stage.

Any chance there's a way to get this onto the PS3 version of the game? I'm dying to have this... and would also love to replace the music in Episode 1... god damn.

I don't think it would be possible unless you modded your PS3.

• 20 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users