Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion Official Discussion Thread

#3136 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:20 AM

Uuuugh I finally got the 'Untouchable' trophy I never have to play this crap again. Took fat too many attempts every so often over the last year or so.

#3137 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:15 AM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
So yeah.

Sonic 4: Episode 1 - Metal edition.

Figure its a good reason to bring this topic into play again and leave the E2 topic for E2 stuff.

It looks like it has updated physics and what not. also a different story instead of just being a sonic reskin.

Whos getting it?

I wonder if this episode metal will make episode 1 PC version more hackable?...

#3138 User is offline Nova 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:47 AM

• Kiryuin Swagsuki
  • Wiki edits:17
On the hacking thing, possibly. They're replacing a character and doing some level editing themselves by the sounds of it, which is more than the community's done with the game as far as I'm aware.

I'm just more interested in the physics potentially being fixed with the lock-on technology. It may actually make Episode I a bearable game.

#3139 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22
I hope they enhance the port, because it has potential to look good!

Posted Image

#3140 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostLanzer, on 07 April 2012 - 12:15 AM, said:

So yeah.

Sonic 4: Episode 1 - Metal edition.

Figure its a good reason to bring this topic into play again and leave the E2 topic for E2 stuff.

It looks like it has updated physics and what not. also a different story instead of just being a sonic reskin.

Whos getting it?

I wonder if this episode metal will make episode 1 PC version more hackable?...

As I bought Episode I, and will be buying Episode II, doesn't that mean I get Episode Metal for free? If so, then I'm getting it.

I wonder, will Episode II/Metal also patch up the physics of Episode I? Kinda sounds like Episode II and Metal might be installed as a kind-of addon.

#3141 User is offline SpeedStarTMQ 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

• Project:Playing Mass Effect 3 U, anyone up for some online?
  • Wiki edits:5
INB4METALSONICWASPLANNED&ISTHEREASONS4EIHADWIERDPHYSICSTOBEGINWITH.

Seriously, they could play this card and it would eerily make sense.

At least, it would make me feel better, rather than knowing the truth.

#3142 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 04:40 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostCommando Beta, on 07 April 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

As I bought Episode I, and will be buying Episode II, doesn't that mean I get Episode Metal for free? If so, then I'm getting it.

Yeah it looks like it. they are throwing it in as DLC once you buy episode 2 and you already have episode 1.

#3143 User is offline Ayu Tsukimiya 

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

• UGUU~

View PostSpeedStarTMQ, on 07 April 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

INB4METALSONICWASPLANNED&ISTHEREASONS4EIHADWIERDPHYSICSTOBEGINWITH.

Seriously, they could play this card and it would eerily make sense.

At least, it would make me feel better, rather than knowing the truth.

I'd like it if SEGA keeps admitting their mistakes and seriously listening to the fan's complaints.

Spoiler

This post has been edited by Ayu Tsukimiya: 07 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

#3144 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
Since my laptop died, we got an iPad and natrually I had to by the game because it's the only way I would get Ep. Metal. I played about 90% of the game in Tilt mode and it finally clicked why this game controls the way that it does....I.e. derp physics. It was made to control Sonic as easily as possible using motion controls. It all makes sense now! I was actually able to use those "dead stops" to my advantage. This prevents one from having to over compensate over and over again to get Sonic moving in a forward direction unlike those rolling ball type games and toys with realistic physics. The issue is that this wasn't changed for the console/controller versions which is were the laziness creeps in. The consoles needed to have momentum because of the different nature of the controls but the d-pad is equated to tilting and letting go is eqivallent to a tilt device being upright.

Makes all the sense in the world now. Remember, this game was initially made for handheld devices in mind. Console implementation was just a copy/paste move instead of optimization of each device. What a shame. I'm actually afraid of having too much momentum now for the Tilt control versions.....Haha!

#3145 User is offline SSE 

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:35 PM

• OWCH! Sharp.
  • Project:Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Blitz
Why call it episode Metal? Why not call it Episode 1.5 (1 1/2) since that's the timeframe it seems to take plae in. I suppose they named it that due to Metal Sonic being the entire focus and that Sonic isn't in it at all from what I can tell. And wouldn't that technically be a third episode?

That aside, I think Episode Metal will be awesome! Although I do feel sorry for the Wii people. Before we even knew about Episode Metal, I got a PS3 for two reasons: Episode II and Sonic Generations. I only got Episode I on the PS3 (also before Episode Metal anouncement) even after I got it on Wii and my iPhone just for the trophies and 1080p HD. I felt bad at first, but that night they anounced Episode Metal. Man I got lucky.

Anyway, I will be extremely happy if there is a Super Metal Sonic! That would be absolutely awesome.

#3146 User is offline Caniad Bach 

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

• Has blue arms

View PostSSE, on 22 April 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

Anyway, I will be extremely happy if there is a Super Metal Sonic! That would be absolutely awesome.

I seem to remember that Episode Metal only has 4 acts. So I wouldn't get your hopes up there.

#3147 User is offline CrashSG32 

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

• Project:Project Crash & Generations Hacking
Episode Metal sounds pretty awesome. Super Metal Sonic would be be awesome as well ;)

Quick question, is there anyone here that actually liked S4: Ep 1? I loved it, the physics and stuff didn't bother me, I really enjoyed the game. I feel like I'm the odd one out, the one in a million :v:

#3148 User is offline The Fralin Boy 

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostCrashSG32, on 23 April 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Episode Metal sounds pretty awesome. Super Metal Sonic would be be awesome as well ;)

Quick question, is there anyone here that actually liked S4: Ep 1? I loved it, the physics and stuff didn't bother me, I really enjoyed the game. I feel like I'm the odd one out, the one in a million :v:

Its definitely not the worst Sonic game, but I don't consider it good enough to be called a sequel to my personel favorite game of all time. Honestly, I would like it better if it wasn't called Sonic 4.
This post has been edited by The Fralin Boy: 23 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

#3149 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast

View PostThe Fralin Boy, on 23 April 2012 - 10:55 PM, said:

View PostCrashSG32, on 23 April 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Its definitely not the worst Sonic game, but I don't consider it good enough to be called a sequel to my personel favorite game of all time. Honestly, I would like it better if it wasn't called Sonic 4.

I'm tired of reading this. The game is what it is. Just because it's terrible, does not mean it's rights to a name is "not deserved". Sequels can be bad games too, no matter how good or praised the previous game was, or how long awaited the sequel was. Yes, Sonic 3&K was a great game, but can we drop the whole "THIS GAME DOES NOT DESERVE THE GLORIOUS LONG AWAITED TITLE OF SONIC 4!!!!" please? It's getting quite annoying.

#3150 User is offline Falk 

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Can I still bitch that Final Fantasy 11 and 14 shouldn't have been numbered titles?

• 213 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users