Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Spinball disassembly - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Spinball disassembly Yeah... enjoy, I guess?

#1 User is offline Andlabs 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 12:10 PM

• 「いっきまーす」
  • Project:Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
  • Wiki edits:7,061
Yeah nothing much to say here, just got bored and left it sitting until now (lol commit #200). Enjoy!

#2 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:22 PM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
Even if it's small, I downloaded it since I've been wanting to hack Sonic Spinball, but all I could do was hack the ASCII letters used for the messages that scroll in the HUD using a Hex editor. v.png (That and I got bored looking at hex values for a long time and trying to figure out what did what, and even after switching a few bytes around I never noticed a difference. Well once I did edit Lava Powerhouse's music, but meh.) I jotted down a few notes in the past, this is what I found. (I dunno if this will help, but it may help someone. Not much is here btw.)
CODE
$BE340-$BFCAF ACII Text- Unlike other Sonic games, messages on the HUD,credits, and options text are all in ASCII text and thus is easier to edit.
$B7B2E-Lava Powerhouse (I'm not too sure on this one, I edited a bit and the music did change slightly. But it's been about a year since I tested it. :\)

#3 User is offline Andlabs 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 07:54 PM

• 「いっきまーす」
  • Project:Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
  • Wiki edits:7,061
If you want to edit the music, this and this will help you (though in the disassembly I put up, the music locations are somewhat different... but they're close).
This post has been edited by Andlabs: 01 October 2010 - 07:56 PM

#4 User is offline GenesisFan64 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:27 PM

• The bright side of the dark side.
  • Project:Something, but in private
  • Wiki edits:3
QUOTE (Andlabs @ Oct 1 2010, 07:54 PM)
the music locations are somewhat different... but they're close

The sound data locations from this topic are actually wrong... (The Z80 driver is ok)

it should be:
Patch: $0AA0B0 - $0AB4AB
Modulator: $0AB4AB - $0AB502
Sequences: $0AB502 - $0B39DD
Samples: $0B39DD - $0BDD2E

Here's the correct data: (BIN and ASM files)
Download

#5 User is offline evilhamwizard 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:16 PM

• Wiki edits:109
While we're on the topic of music (but not exactly related to the dissasembly of the game), just wanted to let you know that the port of the game to mobile phone seems to be using the original MIDI files for some the sound/music (OR NOT FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF). And since the game was ported from the original C source code, they left a lot of other files from the original game in here as well.

Of course, you'll want to find the port for yourself, but it shouldn't be hard to find. :P
This post has been edited by evilhamwizard: 02 October 2010 - 12:09 AM

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users