Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Yeth Release 3 + manual out

#16 User is offline 0r4ng3 

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:12 PM

• Wiki edits:708
I like it. Yeth's balance animation is very cute. Loved the new designs, can't say which I like the better, though SYZ badniks could have some colour, maybe.

Damn that Buzzbomber. It freaked me out so much! Come to think of it, every badnik is very freakish. I love it a lot.

I had some problems with LZ2. I could not use the first spring and just fell through the floor instead.

MGZ Act 1 has one of the lava pits impossible to get out. See the first single block platforms above the lava? Right after that. Just a bit further there's another occasion, where you put a yellow spring at the bottom. At the caves there's another, but that one can be escaped.

That staircase of balls in SYZ1 amused me. The roller completely freaked me out. I especially liked the ball and spike puzzle part. I think that the balls are a great level focus. SYZ2 has a concave pit with a pair of four ball things overlapping, right before the check point. I had trouble building moment there, because he gets a bit inside the walls right before the ledge and stops building momentum. I managed to use the four balls to the right to effectively reach the check point, so I'm not sure if this wasn't intended all along. However, I did have trouble in the next one, albeit not as much. Another point I noticed, see that extra life pit that is down a whole? There are no walls to the left of it, falling down to the end of the level.

#17 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:10 AM

• yes
  • Project:Yeth (hack)
  • Wiki edits:20
Yeah, those are all known bugs that I never got around to finishing, except the SYZ2 concave pit; that was intentional.
LZ2 and all levels past that are not finished and do not pretend to be, by the way.

Anyway, um

Also a new title screen whose palette I can not get to fucking loading correctly:

I may actually keep it that way, though, just for fun.

#18 User is offline Sparks 

Posted 04 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

• Project:Gold's Curse
  • Wiki edits:21
This game just keeps getting weirder and weirder. I love it. v.png

#19 User is offline Commadoo 

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:02 PM

• Took the thread derailing profession in grade five.
  • Project:Splender!
  • Wiki edits:40
HAY MAN HOW BOUT AN UPDATE

#20 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:06 AM

• yes
Honestly, I have nothing to show.

But I feel bad so okay here have a glitchy unfinished screenshot of a glitchy unfinished level that probably won't even make it to the final game

This post has been edited by Banoon: 21 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

#21 User is offline Chuck D Head 

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:55 AM

• Project:Semi-Super Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Wiki edits:2
I actually like that. I'm imagining that background with paralax, and it's amazing.

#22 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:00 AM

• yes
..Shit, now you've got me thinking of turning that level into a Glitch Zone of sorts, though that would make Marble Zone kinda redundant =P

Anyway, it's no real excuse for the lack of updates, but I came up with a rather basic story outline (I drew pictures for it but I lack a scanner):
"Bob was an okay guy. An okay guy who cosplayed, but this is besides the point. One day, Bob stumbled upon a mysterious website link. Upon entering said website, Bob was treated to hundreds of flashing pieces of text, creating a seizureiffic screen simply saying "yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes". In the middle was a strange, creepy face whose mouth appeared to stretch beyond its eyes. The strangeness of this website utterly confused poor Bob, keeping him up at night trying to figure out what it all meant. Bob eventually went insane thanks to this website; it began to take over his life, and eventually all he ever knew was "yes". A white stress tumor with the website's face engraved on it began to build up inside of him, slowly taking over him, eventually replacing all but Bob's signature red gumboots. The combination of all this with Bob's crippling lisp gave him the brand new identity of "Yeth". The newly-christened Yeth now sets out to find out what is up with this website that ruined his life, and to regain his old body."
There, that should explain everything from his look to his name to the reason for his adventuring. I'm kind of tired right now so excuse me if it's the dumbest thing you've ever heard. Also, goddamn, ChuckDHead, I was gonna use "yesticles" :C

#23 User is offline Chuck D Head 

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:38 AM

That story is amazing. What were you gonna use yesticles for? It's my band's name, feel free to use it for any purpose besides that, you've earned it, haha.

#24 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 24 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
QUOTE (Banoon @ Oct 23 2010, 10:00 AM)
"Bob was an okay guy. An okay guy who cosplayed, but this is besides the point. One day, Bob stumbled upon a mysterious website link. Upon entering said website, Bob was treated to hundreds of flashing pieces of text, creating a seizureiffic screen simply saying "yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes". In the middle was a strange, creepy face whose mouth appeared to stretch beyond its eyes. The strangeness of this website utterly confused poor Bob, keeping him up at night trying to figure out what it all meant. Bob eventually went insane thanks to this website; it began to take over his life, and eventually all he ever knew was "yes". A white stress tumor with the website's face engraved on it began to build up inside of him, slowly taking over him, eventually replacing all but Bob's signature red gumboots. The combination of all this with Bob's crippling lisp gave him the brand new identity of "Yeth". The newly-christened Yeth now sets out to find out what is up with this website that ruined his life, and to regain his old body."

Yay, I get to quote this again:

QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Sep 5 2010, 05:22 PM)
FUCK YETH!

This is mad and I love it.

#25 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:32 PM

• yes
D'aw, thanks. Most of it was made up on the spot in the middle of the night, just so you know :P
QUOTE (Chuck D Head @ Oct 25 2010, 04:38 AM)
What were you gonna use yesticles for? It's my band's name, feel free to use it for any purpose besides that, you've earned it, haha.

My plan is to have every level have "yes" somewhere in the title to coincide with the storyline, and as SYZ prominently features circular objects...

P.S. Don't expect a release anytime soon guys, hoping to have the next one feature every level to a satisfactory extent, and real life is kinda getting in the way of that :P

#26 User is offline Selbi 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

• Tief.Tiefer
  • Project:Sonic ERaZor
  • Wiki edits:320
QUOTE (Banoon @ Oct 27 2010, 06:32 AM)

I need to know: Is the the text intentionally off-center? :V

#27 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:04 AM

• Arriving four years late.
  • Project:TurBoa, S1RL
QUOTE (Selbi @ Oct 27 2010, 01:34 PM)

He took the screenshot as the text was leaving the screen, by the looks of it.

#28 User is offline Chuck D Head 

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:17 PM

Yesticles Zone FTW, I'm cracking up over that

#29 User is offline MasterMind 

Posted 30 October 2010 - 10:16 AM

• Project:Reading up on SADX hacking.
I fucking love this.
I haven't noticed it anywhere, but you should change the currency in this game.
I was thinking somewhere along the lines of PIECES OF PIE . v.png
This post has been edited by MasterMind: 30 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

#30 User is offline Banoon 

Posted 30 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

• yes
QUOTE (Selbi @ Oct 28 2010, 01:34 AM)
QUOTE (Banoon @ Oct 27 2010, 06:32 AM)

yeah. I made it a little less now:
In my opinion it looks a bit nicer slightly offcenter.

I was thinking somewhere along the lines of PIECES OF PIE.

maybe. Not sure if the currency should be changed, since as it is right now the game is essentially a funhouse-mirror verison of Sonic (though the upcoming levels are original)
This post has been edited by Banoon: 30 October 2010 - 04:54 PM

• 5 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users