don't click here

Supersonic in Sonic 3D

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Sik, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    [​IMG]

Download

So yes, this is Supersonic in Sonic 3D. As in, real Supersonic, not a shitty palette hack. Get 7 emeralds, 50 rings and double jump! This follows S3K rules so remember you must not be wearing a shield in order to transform. Enjoy!

In case you're lame, PAR code to get all emeralds: FF06A3:0007, but don't use it in Green Grove zone because the water goes yellow since it shares Sonic's palette x_x; Fixing it would require repaiting every single water tile (that's over a thousand of tiles!), and I'm not going to fix it since you need to use PAR to transform there (you can't do it under normal circumstances).

To-do: wiki page Wiki page

EDIT: remember that this hack is based off the no flickies hack! So the different gameplay applies here too.

2. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    Sik -- making Sonic 3D not suck one hack at a time :v:

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Easier? yes. Better? Also yes. You've almost made Sonic 3D Blast into a good game, if only you could port these changes over to the Saturn version.

Oh and what's wrong with the golden stream in Green Grove. Makes it look like a piss river lol

4. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Then again, you need to use the PAR code I've given to see it, otherwise you can only become Supersonic at Rusty Ruins 2.

5. Ayla

Ayla

West Linn, OR
    Or you can download Rabid's Super Sonic hack of old ~.^

6. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Didn't that one suffer from this very same issue too? Or are there two of those palette hacks?

7. Ayla

Ayla

West Linn, OR
    aye, it did =) That's why I was saying people could download it to see the exact same problem as opposed to using a PAR code =P

8. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Now make the Genesis Special Stages not suck and we're good.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Port in Sonic 2's special stages with a new paint job and then we could say it has the Saturn special stage. :v:

But really this is amazing. Major kudos to you Sik. :)

10. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    So I played the whole game to PPZ3 (really no point in playing after PPZ2 since it's the same), and I found a bug. The electric fences at the checkpoints in GGZ will trap you if you're super, and you'll be stuck until you run out of rings and die. And I'm not sure exactly what happened but I think I died by running into a snowman badnik in DDZ while Super...

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member

*sits in the corner* But I liked Sonic 3D Blast... :(

I'll be downloading this hack though. It looks like it could be a... blast to play!

12. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    I made this hack months ago, how the hell did I catch that one? Actually wait... is there any invincibility monitor in Gene Gadget? It may be a bug in the original Sonic 3D o_O

Bug in the original Sonic 3D too. The ice block with the flicky spawns right over you and it crushes you. This happens to me 50% of the time I try to spindash into the damn robot >_>

13. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    If you're using Gens, the PAR code is FF06A2:0007

By the way, the water isn't the only thing that uses Sonic's palette. I've seen yellow flickies and yellow shields around.

14. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    You just made a 12 year old me VERY happy, Sik. I can't tell you how disappointed I was when I found out that getting all seven Chaos Emeralds did fuck all in this game. Somebody give this man a medal. :3

Shit, this, AND Sonic Adventure Super Sonic? God damn I love you Retro. You guys are alright.

15. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Now all you need to do is add homing attack to the main gameplay and it WINS X 9001!

16. Ayla

Ayla

West Linn, OR
    Dude, I was seriously coming to this topic to say just that. Make that fucking gold shield permanent gameplay. The code's already in there. That wouldn't actually be that hard, would it? >.>

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    And then make it so that you can use the attack more than once per jump :P

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Then add more speed boosters...Oh sorry, I thought we were putting ideas in for Super Sonic 3D Dimps edition :v:
    Seriously though this shit's awesome, I thought S3D was...bareable at best. No flicky hack made it fun but simple..this is just awesome.

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

That would be fun even without Super in mind, the hard to define jumping perspective was about the biggest irritance about the game so adding a homing attack would likely make it a lot less tedius.

Anyways, nice hack, especially since we see so little Sonic 3D stuff right now. Will you be making a 'With Flickies' version (though I may be the only one actually interested in such a revision)?

20. Hmm, to make up for the difficulty lost by this, someone should make the game 3x as long... Unfortunately there aren't any 3D Blast editors out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.