don't click here

Sonic the hedgehog Xero thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Crapymix294, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    (well here goes nothing for my first topic)

Well as most of you that's on SSRG have already seen, I have already released the latest version of my hack Sonic Xero v2.5 which for those that's only on retro can get on the forums on the discussion & Q&A board at SSRG. Currently I have been working on the design for the levels in my hack as well as new level layouts in preparation for version 3.0. with that said, Some screen-shots of what I have done so far that I would wish to show everyone :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still planing on fixing the background on one of these, as well as the art for most of the levels.
    ===============================================================================

The moves that can also be used in this are...

Spin Dash
    Jump-dash
    Super peel-out
    Water-skimming

Also thanks to someone off You-tube, I was able to to port songs over from

S3&K
    S3D
    Dyna brothers
    sailor moon

As for a download, I won't be putting one up for a while until I feel that it should be release.
    =============================================================================

P.S: Also big helpful thanks for making this hack what it is now

-GHfusion(youtuber): music ports
    -Markeyjester: sonic crackers music pack
    -selbi: asm tutorial for the jump-dash
    -vladikcomper: asm tutorial for the water-skimming
    -nineko: SoniNeko music pack

2. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Can't you make your own imports? The SoniNeko soundtrack is getting irritating when more people use it especially when they won't bother to fix the DAC.

3. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    well it the closest thing that I actually have for some type of new songs for my hack until I actually do change it. besides I don't really want to use it like that, I would feel like I'm stealing someone Else's work so I also plan on making song ports for myself on my own sometime.

4. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Well the artwork doesn't look bad, but you just need to fix the "E" in SCORE. I also agree with SOTI about using some music ports from SoniNeko. With that said, I can't wait to see a update, or possibly a video of your hack in the future. :)

5. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    Why is the score on the bottom left corner and the life counter on the bottom middle? Other than that, it looks decent.

6. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    Thanks for the comment and yes a video will be up soon :). also now that I think about what you and SOTI said about the songs from SoniNeko, I think I will just take them off my hack and replace them with different songs. besides it doesn't really go together to me except for the bridge zone and the matallic madness port.

7. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    as some of you from ssrg have already seen in the showroom of my first beta of SX, I give to you all as well as those here on sonic retro my second official beta of sonic Xero v3.0. things that I have added so far is:

- new DAC samples
    - some smps imports(Fatal Fury, Golden Axe 3, s2, s3, s3D)
    - new background art
    - revision 01 graphics
    - homing attack
    - updated super peel-out

and also a video preview of what you are going to see in act 1 of the first level.

I forgot to mention that I also semi-ported the scd balancing animation also. with that said, you can get the 2nd beta here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?qic3m332n8383d7

enjoy folks! :)

8. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    I hate to be the one pointing fingers and calling "stoled!!1" but.. that SPO looks suspiciously like the one I did from Megamix will little change. The after-images look like a broken Megamix after-image, too, with the same delay/distance, etc.

Feel free to prove me wrong, though. It'd be nice to see, but someone coming out of nowhere with this and not taking the time to port animation speeds, or even complete frames (Sonic's shoe length in the waiting animation, anyone?), seems very unlikely unless it's been taken from that lovely Megamix leak all that time ago now.

9. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Agreed with Marc. Mind explaining how you added the homing attack, after images and peelout? Mind explaining how they work? Do you even know how they work?

10. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    neat, I haven't seen a hack like this released in a while.
    You're probably aware of most of the bugs and stuff, but I had 2 main things bug me: At the start of the first act I got the invinsibility and it lasted for the whole act, the music loop got pretty annoying. Also the bottomless pit near the end of act 2, the player (or at least me) wasn't naturally at full speed at the time so I died before I learned that I had to stop there, charge a peel-out and use that to get across.

11. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    as for what cinossu said about the afterimage,super peel-out and the homing attack, I actually got the homing attack code from selbi which he have as an open source code on his FTP page, and the after image I also had gotten from him at ssrg from his tutorials. as for the super peel-out, I actually had gotten the code from a open source project from someone named OuricoDoidoSonic from you-tube on a video that I have seen. as for the animations no I did not steal anything if that's what your thinking, I did those all my self.

12. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wasn't saying anything about the animations. Fair enough.

It's pretty lame that you don't actually have to understand what you're doing to add shit like that nowadays. You should probably explicitly credit the people whose guides you followed in the future from now on since it's their work, not yours.

13. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I never meant you stole animations, I just meant if you made the homing attack etc. yourself (or claimed to), the animations not being perfect kinda shows a double-standard. :x no offense, but they could be "ported" better.

14. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    yeah I meant to add those people and yes I will credit them for helping me out. thanks for the advice though, I will take that into consideration next time.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Selbi only made the afterimage and extended camera code public, nothing else. I double checked just to make sure. Selbi did however, make his peel-out code public at one point, but is now only available on request. In no way did he make his homing attack code public at any time.

Also, I believe that OuricoDoidoSonic's open source project DID contain code stolen from Megamix. I think he posted it on the SSRG once only to get caught with stolen code. I can't check the SSRG right now, but I will later if needed. Basically, you're using stolen content right now.

EDIT: Yeah, that hack had stolen content. Find out more here.

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Sorry to disappoint you, SOTI, but unlike you we properly did the research. Selbi wrote his own homing attack code which we double checked against the Megamix code—it's not the same. Drop it.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Fair enough, I can only check things that I actually have access to. Selbi did show me something earlier which seemed to clear the issues up as well.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Actually, scratch that... you are right, SOTI. Turns out the guy who made that open source hack changed the homing attack to make it appear like it wasn't ours even though it was. Sniveling piece of shit, for sure, but I'd advise you to remove that stolen code quickly before you get banned for it. I don't tolerate blatant theft, intentional or otherwise.

19. Crapymix294

Crapymix294

The fastest thing alive!
    Newark, DE
    The Xero Project
    oh I will, im not trying to make the same mistake that I did before on ssrg with the same thing so yeah Im definitely taking that off.

20. Arctides

Arctides

I am a bloated bag of hate. Oldbie
    You could just let him use it so long as he credits the code to you, instead of the thief. After all, it's not like he shivved you or anything to get it (Though you seem to be acting like it). That and he's new to the hacking scene.
    ... Actually, scratch this, because I know this'll just go in one ear and out the other with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.