Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Amy In Sonic 2 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Amy In Sonic 2 "I'll destroy all of you!"

#16 User is offline nineko 

Posted 31 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

• I am the Holy Cat
  • Project:I... don't even know anymore :U
  • Wiki edits:5,251
E-122-Psi: Sonic 1's speed cap is enforced on both the ground and in mid-air: if you're running faster than the speed cap and you press in the same direction (e.g. you're running right and you press right), Sonic will keep on moving in that direction, but he will instantly slow down to the speed set by the speed cap.
In Sonic 2, if you are running on the ground and you are faster than the speed cap, holding down the direction on your joypad won't slow you down; however, if you're not on the ground, the aerial speed cap will kick in, slowing you down again.
In Sonic 3 all the speed caps were removed.

#17 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:35 AM

• Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (nineko @ Jul 31 2010, 08:49 PM)
E-122-Psi: Sonic 1's speed cap is enforced on both the ground and in mid-air: if you're running faster than the speed cap and you press in the same direction (e.g. you're running right and you press right), Sonic will keep on moving in that direction, but he will instantly slow down to the speed set by the speed cap.
In Sonic 2, if you are running on the ground and you are faster than the speed cap, holding down the direction on your joypad won't slow you down; however, if you're not on the ground, the aerial speed cap will kick in, slowing you down again.
In Sonic 3 all the speed caps were removed.

I see. From what I know however, the wiki only has a tutorial to fix Sonic 1, unless Sonic 2's is similar enough to not need one of it's own.

Thanx for you and the others making me a wiki profile by the way. smile.png

#18 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:22 AM

• Keepin' it cool.
  • Project:Sonic 2 Random Levels, TurBoa, a few secret ones
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 3 2010, 04:35 PM)
I see. From what I know however, the wiki only has a tutorial to fix Sonic 1, unless Sonic 2's is similar enough to not need one of it's own.

The speedcap in Sonic 2 is exactly the same as Sonic 1, except it's not in effect when Sonic is on the ground. So, it's doing pretty much exactly the same thing; it's just that Sonic 2 has half of it already done for you.
This post has been edited by DigitalDuck: 05 August 2010 - 12:10 PM

#19 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 04 August 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Aug 3 2010, 11:22 AM)
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 3 2010, 04:35 PM)

The speedcap in Sonic 1 is exactly the same as Sonic 1, except it's not in effect when Sonic is on the ground. So, it's doing pretty much exactly the same thing; it's just that Sonic 2 has half of it already done for you.

I checked the coding for both Sonic 1 and 2's air speed cap, they are similar though there are certainly enough deviations that make using the Sonic 1 tutorials method questionable. The lines marked to place the new coding on are not the same for example, nor does there seem a similar equivelant.

#20 User is offline Ralbalboa 

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:34 PM

Amazing hack, as all of yours, always. Out of topic: what happened to your Sally Hack? I remember you mentioned you've fixed the intro screen with help from MarkeyJester (I think) but never saw the playable version. Will you be releasing a last version, at least the last things you've done? Still thinking on working on it? Your Amy's series are great, but the Sally one, your first, is my favourite. Keep this great work, you still amaze us all the time. Thank you.

#21 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 07 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Ralbalboa @ Aug 7 2010, 02:34 PM)
Amazing hack, as all of yours, always. Out of topic: what happened to your Sally Hack? I remember you mentioned you've fixed the intro screen with help from MarkeyJester (I think) but never saw the playable version. Will you be releasing a last version, at least the last things you've done? Still thinking on working on it? Your Amy's series are great, but the Sally one, your first, is my favourite. Keep this great work, you still amaze us all the time. Thank you.

Thanx. :D

The Sally hack is still under progress, it's just programming her planned abilities and movesets is proving difficult. It is now a collab project with a more experienced hacker so hopefully the final product will be of much higher quality than the previous revisions. Until then I've made a wiki page along with an upload of my most recent updates on the project:

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sally_Acorn_in_Sonic_the_Hedgehog

#22 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Updated title screen:

Found a sneaky way to add the sub title (sorta). v.png
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 09 August 2010 - 05:43 PM

#23 User is offline RankoChan 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:23 PM

• I'm bored, k?
  • Project:Some random RPG project.
  • Wiki edits:4
That Amy title screen art looks really good!

I have a quick question though, are you planning to remove Tails from the game to make it similiar to the "locked on" Knuckles in Sonic 2 or will Tails remain in the game?

#24 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (RankoChan @ Aug 9 2010, 07:23 PM)
That Amy title screen art looks really good!

I have a quick question though, are you planning to remove Tails from the game to make it similiar to the "locked on" Knuckles in Sonic 2 or will Tails remain in the game?

Thanx. :D

I was mixed whether to make it more like Knuckles' lock on mode with just her or keep Tails in, as the two player options to me were a big innovation for the game (I get the idea stuff like Tails and split screen were only kept out of S2+K due to memory issues putting nearly the whole game into the S+K cart). Besides it makes it more Amy in Sonic 2 'as is' which is the basic concept.

Also some like the idea of editing Tails into Cream so I may as well keep it in case I decide to put that concept into fruition.

Perhaps I'll make a more S2+K style one later and then make an alternate 'Girl Power' hack with those two. v.png
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 09 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

#25 User is offline Phithpleis 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

• Nein
  • Project:Current Project
  • Wiki edits:26
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 9 2010, 05:29 PM)
Perhaps I'll make a more S2+K style one later and then make an alternate 'Girl Power' hack with those two. v.png

Hey, why not replace Knuckles with Rouge the Bat? eng101.png

#26 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (Phithpleis @ Aug 9 2010, 08:16 PM)
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 9 2010, 05:29 PM)

Hey, why not replace Knuckles with Rouge the Bat? eng101.png

Just Cream is a stretch as I haven't made any sprites yet (I've actually been meaning to get around to Bunnie Rabbot for a good while).

Eh, what do you guys think would make a good *insert character* In Sonic 1/2/whatever?
This post has been edited by E-122-Psi: 09 August 2010 - 08:26 PM

#27 User is offline Sik 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:43 PM

• Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick".
  • Project:being an asshole =P
  • Wiki edits:11
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 9 2010, 10:25 PM)
Eh, what do you guys think would make a good *insert character* In Sonic 1/2/whatever?
Eggman? It was already done for Sonic 1 but it wasn't very playable. Also we don't have him playable in Sonic 2 either.

#28 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

• Keepin' it cool.
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 10 2010, 02:25 AM)

Well, most of them have already been covered - we've got Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in each game with their S3K abilities, thanks to you we have Amy, Shadow's been done and isn't particularly interesting...

I guess you could do Blaze, complete with her Rush moveset.
This post has been edited by DigitalDuck: 09 August 2010 - 08:45 PM

#29 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (DigitalDuck @ Aug 9 2010, 08:45 PM)
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 10 2010, 02:25 AM)

Well, most of them have already been covered - we've got Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles in each game with their S3K abilities, thanks to you we have Amy, Shadow's been done and isn't particularly interesting...

I guess you could do Blaze, complete with her Rush moveset.

Though wouldn't that basically be a lower scale version of Knuckles' hover with Espio's spin animation?

Eggman is tempting though his large sprite design may cause problems (Big and Gamma are also tempting but have the same issue). I could also try one of the Chaotix but since most of the sprites are already done, that might be cheating (Espio and Mighty have been done already anyway). I think a few people have already done (or are doing) Rouge and a Ray project is under development with Fries.

Mikel truthfully has a good idea using Bean, he has rather unique abilities and is an expressive character (I'd love to try a wacky sprite sheet of him). Not to mention his links to Dynamite Dux (need to look for a sprite sheet of that game). Otherwise there's also Fang. For both however I'd likely need to figure out how to make projectiles for a unique moveset.

I guess there's some alternate media characters to look at, I already mentioned Bunnie, hmm, has Julie-Su been made yet?

#30 User is offline DigitalDuck 

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:17 PM

• Keepin' it cool.
QUOTE (E-122-Psi @ Aug 10 2010, 03:08 AM)
Though wouldn't that basically be a lower scale version of Knuckles' hover with Espio's spin animation?

I was actually thinking of a mid-air uppercut move as well, although that doesn't really make her unique either.

I'd definitely like to see Bean in there, though.

• 16 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users