Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Free Riders - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic Free Riders For Project Natal?

#391 User is offline Aerosol 

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

• FML
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
QUOTE (Hero Of Fate @ Nov 5 2010, 07:01 PM)
QUOTE (AerosolSP @ Nov 5 2010, 07:12 PM)
Yo...

I heard Vector and was happy. Then I heard him say "Where's mah money??" and I died laughing. Apparently, Vector is the son of a successful Bronx-based pimp now.

Also...Sonic sounds alot better in that cutscene than he does in Tails and the Translator.

More like Balrog.

You know, I thought this once I watched the cutscene more and realized he was referring to supposed prize money, not detective pay. Balrog indeed.

#392 User is offline HarrisonJ 

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:21 AM

• Project:University
  • Wiki edits:16
QUOTE (Hero Of Fate @ Nov 5 2010, 07:27 PM)
I noticed Sonic Riders definitely has a pattern of nonsensical main theme lyrics.

It also has a pattern of re-using the same songs (also, slightly edited versions of previous ones).

#393 User is offline Polygon Jim 

Posted 09 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

• Project:All the bitches.
  • Wiki edits:582
http://www.brokenplatforms.com/musak/FreeRidersMusic.7z

Music.

#394 User is offline Mainman 

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

• Dancing to some sort of Apocalyptic Rave
  • Project:'Sonic the Comic' research & documentation
  • Wiki edits:298
QUOTE (Polygon Jim @ Nov 9 2010, 07:40 PM)
Cheers Jim. It's nice to see that someone remembered this game's soundtrack despite the UNRELENTING DIVERSITY AND JOY of Colours' one.

#395 User is offline ::CMG (UTOPIA):: 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:34 AM

In other news, Angry Joe hates this game, lol :P

http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2010/11/son...s-angry-review/

thoughts?

#396 User is offline Frozen Nitrogen 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

• Wouldn't the door have been easier?
  • Project:Wiki general
  • Wiki edits:6,025
Since IRC osmosis has spoilered the identity of the final boss in this game for me, I guess I'll just ask: is there any actual storyline build-up to it, or is it just "HERP DERP I THROW METAL AT YOUUUUUU"?

#397 User is offline Aquaslash 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:40 AM

• THE INVINCIBLE
  • Project:The S Factor: Sonia and Silver
  • Wiki edits:1,144
Final story starts with "king Doc" saying that all the viewers thought the race was boring so they have to fix his (suddenly repaired) E-10000 B robot to get the money. Everyone figures out it's really Eggman at this point.

The robot loses and Eggman confesses it was all a plot to steal their racing data. He challenges everyone with his "newfound skill" (it's actually the hardest race in the game)

Eggman loses and wonders how in the heck that happened, as he feels he wasn't any better at all. Everyone laughs but see the E-10000 robot is smoking. It blows up and reveals that it was actually Metal Sonic the entire time.

Metal Sonic stole the racer data for himself and passed fake data on to Eggman. Eggman is pissed off, and Metal Sonic challenges Sonic to a one on one race.

Sonic wins, Metal Sonic runs away, everyone laughs at Eggman for foiling his own scheme and go their separate ways.

#398 User is offline Skyler 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:17 PM

• Wiki edits:136
Somewhat related:

#399 User is offline Greg the Cat 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

• I'm gonna draw it!
  • Project:Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
  • Wiki edits:2
That video had me laughing my ass off. HARD.

Mega64, I salute your team. You know how to brilliantly mock the Sonic series' moments of failure.

#400 User is offline E-122-Psi 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:27 PM

• Wiki edits:41
QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Nov 11 2010, 09:40 AM)
Final story starts with "king Doc" saying that all the viewers thought the race was boring so they have to fix his (suddenly repaired) E-10000 B robot to get the money. Everyone figures out it's really Eggman at this point.

The robot loses and Eggman confesses it was all a plot to steal their racing data. He challenges everyone with his "newfound skill" (it's actually the hardest race in the game)

Eggman loses and wonders how in the heck that happened, as he feels he wasn't any better at all. Everyone laughs but see the E-10000 robot is smoking. It blows up and reveals that it was actually Metal Sonic the entire time.

Metal Sonic stole the racer data for himself and passed fake data on to Eggman. Eggman is pissed off, and Metal Sonic challenges Sonic to a one on one race.

Sonic wins, Metal Sonic runs away, everyone laughs at Eggman for foiling his own scheme and go their separate ways.

Metal, you dare turn 'Starscream' again?!? Oh well I suppose at least Eggman has some consistant loyal minions now.

#401 User is offline Greg the Cat 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:37 PM

• I'm gonna draw it!
  • Project:Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Aquaslash @ Nov 11 2010, 08:40 AM)

What the... hell? This is too cool for a piece of shit like Free Riders. Again, what the hell, Sega?

#402 User is offline Frozen Nitrogen 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:37 PM

• Wouldn't the door have been easier?
  • Project:Wiki general
  • Wiki edits:6,025
QUOTE (Greg the Cat @ Nov 11 2010, 05:37 PM)
What the... hell? This is too cool for a piece of shit like Free Riders. Again, what the hell, Sega?

I respectfully disagree, sir.
That is the EXACT plot of Sonic Heroes, just now with hoverboards.
And I didn't like that plot the first time. sad.png

#403 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

• Wiki edits:13
QUOTE (Frozen Nitrogen @ Nov 11 2010, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (Greg the Cat @ Nov 11 2010, 05:37 PM)

I respectfully disagree, sir.
That is the EXACT plot of Sonic Heroes, just now with hoverboards.
And I didn't like that plot the first time. sad.png

Agreed. And also with less giant monster of the week.

#404 User is offline Azukara 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:40 PM

• Don't let's start!
  • Project:Sonic World Runner
  • Wiki edits:27
Gotta disagree on both points there, Greg.

The game only seems to suck because of the lack of controller support, so the incredibly questionable Kinect movement is mandatory. The plot is bad because like Fro Nitro said; it's essentially Sonic Heroes with hoverboards. v.png

#405 User is offline Ross-Irving 

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:16 PM

• Wiki edits:1
Hey Aquaslash, you bought Kinect. Is it possible for you to upload some gameplay to Youtube? It's been like a whole week since this game was released and, unlike Colors, no one has uploaded shit showing gameplay with different characters and stuff.

• 33 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users