Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Knuckles' Chaotix... ugh - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Knuckles' Chaotix... ugh

#61 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

• Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, OU SUCKS!
  • Wiki edits:9
QUOTE (Overlord @ Apr 9 2010, 02:06 PM)
QUOTE (True Dude @ Apr 9 2010, 09:11 PM)
Did anyone ever find out why Sonic & Tails were taken out of the game? I mean, SEGA owns the characters, and I'm sure KC was made by some sub-division of Sonic Team if not Sonic Team itself, so what made them get rid of them for the game?

I think there was a lot of interest at the time for the concept of Knuckles as a starring character, much like Shadow was later on, so they gave him his own game on a minority platform with the double bonus that if the system crashed and burned badly Sonic himself could emerge unscathed on the Saturn a year or so later - of course thanks to the Xtreme fiasco shit didn't QUITE go down as planned =P

Its worth mentioning that, before it was announced as Knuckles Chaotix, it was being billed as Sonic 4 by a lot of magazines. I remember reading a magazine where they announced the big change was that "Knuckles was starring" and that "Sonic now has red hair."

Haha

#62 User is offline Solaris Paradox 

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

• Project:I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (Cooljerk @ Apr 9 2010, 09:32 PM)
and that "Sonic now has red hair."

Haha

...Indeed.

Someone one the development team must have realized they didn't really have a Sonic 4 quality game in Chaotix, I think.

EDIT: Blast it, I guess that image doesn't work. Oh, well.
This post has been edited by Solaris Paradox: 10 April 2010 - 12:49 PM

#63 User is offline Mercury 

Posted 10 April 2010 - 03:34 AM

• His Name Is Sonic
  • Project:AeStHete
  • Wiki edits:130
QUOTE (Cooljerk @ Apr 10 2010, 01:32 AM)
I remember reading a magazine where they announced the big change was that "Knuckles was starring" and that "Sonic now has red hair."

Haha

Hahaha! I remember the "red hair" thing quite well. I didn't see the magazine myself for a week or two. A friend of mine flipped through it in the newsstand, and I got the story second-hand. I was like, "red hair WTF! What are they doing to mah Sonic!" It's amazing the things that video game magazines will misinterpret from an early screenshot or two.

• 5 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users