SonicGDK is a codebase, a collection of source codes, which allows anyone to create 3D platformer video games based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It can be freely modified and is integrated with the UDK, providing you with a modern game engine in which to develop your game.
Unreal Development Kit (UDK) is the Unreal Engine 3, a complete professional development framework used to create games on the PC. Visit www.udk.com for more information.
The custom assets bundled with SonicGDK were created by several contributors and supplied for testing purposes.
- System requirements:
• Windows XP SP2, Vista, 7, 8, or 10
• 2.0 GHz single-core processor
• 2 GB system RAM
• Shader Model 3.0 compatible graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8600GT or better, ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better)
- Download links (choose source code or standalone):
• Source Code (1.30.000; requires UDK February 2015): LINK
• Windows standalone .exe (Packaged Release 10; requires nothing): LINK
• MacOS standalone .dmg (Packaged Release 6; requires nothing): LINK
- Installation, keyboard/gamepad buttons, featured moves:
Read the readme file, or visit the wiki.
- Website with forums:
Preview Release 5 Trailer (2011)
- Other playable games done with SonicGDK: