SonicGDK is a codebase, a collection of source codes, which allows anyone to create 3D platformer video games based on the Sonic the Hedgehog franchise. It can be freely modified and is integrated with the UDK, providing you with a modern game engine in which to develop your game.
Unreal Development Kit (UDK) is the Unreal Engine 3, a complete professional development framework used to create games on the PC. Visit www.udk.com for more information.
The custom assets bundled with SonicGDK were created by several contributors and supplied for testing purposes.
- System requirements:
* Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
* 2.0 GHz single-core processor
* 2 GB system RAM
* Shader Model 3.0 compatible graphics card (Nvidia GeForce 8600GT or better, ATI Radeon X1950Pro or better)
- Download links (choose source code or standalone):
Source Code (1.20.072; requires UDK July 2013): LINK
Windows standalone .exe (Packaged Release 8; requires nothing): LINK
MacOS standalone .dmg (Packaged Release 6; requires nothing): LINK
- Installation, keyboard/gamepad buttons, featured moves:
Read the readme file, or visit the wiki.
Preview Release 5 Trailer (2011)
Download and preparation | Level creation | Advancing your level (videos, by Handepsilon)
Installation, building levels, game distribution | FAQ | Tips and tricks | Configuring modeling programs (text+images)
- Other playable games done with SonicGDK: