don't click here

Sonic 1,2,3&K in 10 minutes

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Arcane, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
  2. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Yikes!

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Haha, fun! Really brings the length of the classics into perspective.

4. You loose points for using an emulator and not the actual console... =)

5. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    I actually have sega Genesis in my room, but I borrowed all sonic games to my freind ;)

6. Chaud

Chaud

Wow, I liked that. And... 5 hours from start to finish? You're a real man. :thumbsup:

7. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    Yep, approximately 5 hours. When I put it in computer to edit it, I found out that I can speed it up only by 500%. It made from 5h to 55minute, so I had to render it and speed it up again to fit in 10min limit on youtube :) Then I just added zone music and some titles.

Sometimes during the play I just felt that I can't play anymore :D It was a long time even for big sonic fan like me :P But this depression felt over me only in Sandopolis zone. After I cleared that horryfying stage I got a new hope :)

8. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

Makes me wanna try it.

But I'm getting too old to spend 5 hours doing that!
    Oh god, I'm 30 this month, NOOOOOO...!!!!

9. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    I did it only because I have 2 weeks of holidays and have nothing to do.

10. Then it's decided, you have to do it again once he returns the carts! XD

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Respect to Arcane! It is the commitment of staying there when he back hurts, just to go through with it, every single challenge! And then converting the whole thing to a watchable video which also takes time!

If he does, he should go for good endings in all 3 games too!

12. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Sonic 2 is going to be painful to watch.

13. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    NO WAY I am gonna do it :D I tried to get those endings, but in Sonic 1, failed two times at collecting 50 rings to get the big one and then I don't know how I failed in special stage :)
    in Sonic 2 I didn't feel like runnin across first 2 stages of GHZ just to get as much emeralds as possible, I just run through and enjoyed it :) (I was also really pissed because Tails get in front of me in those special stages like every single time :D).
    in Sonic 3 it was really easy, since I am able to have those emeralds until the end of MGZ act 1 :) (I played S3&K a lot) But then when I entered MHZ, I didnt know if to go inside the emerald chamber in Hidden palace and give up all my emeralds. I was like standing there in front of that Ring for like a minute (I cut that out), but eventually went there which was mistake, because I couldnt find any big rings in MHZ :D Normally I have approximately 5 of them, but that pissed me off that I gave up hunting those big rings :D

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Did you play all 3 on a pc emulator? why not on a sega system? :(

15. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Nice, I liked that, it makes me want to play through the games again even though I beat them all like last month already. I recorded my Sonic 3 game for Hedgehog Day yesterday.

16. Matwek

Matwek

This just reminded me of my old University job.
    Imagine the gym from dodge ball, but with less people in it. I had so little to do I ended up playing emulators all day just to pass the time.
    Im actually confident that I've probably finished those 3 games more often than 99% of the people on this board. I played each one at least once a week, for 3 and a half years... Im not sure if Im bragging or admitting a problem?

17. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    QUOTE(Arcane @ Feb 3 2010, 11:22 AM)
    I actually have sega Genesis in my room, but I borrowed all sonic games to my freind

18. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Arcane, lets see you add Sonic CD in on that mix! Only then will you be a real man. lol

19. Arcane

Arcane

Chaos Controller Member
    hm...sonic cd is not really my cup of tea. I kind of dislike this whole time travel thing. I played and finished the game only few times so I don't even know the stages well. I stick with classic 16bit sega genesis console :)

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It took you five hours? We're going to need to get you some speed training before your next attempt. Then again, you did go through most of the special stages. Kudos for making the video. Reminds me of the times I just sit and have a speedrun session of Sonic 1-3K with all three characters (using Puto and Stealth's hacks for Tails and Knuckles in Sonic 1). Fastest so far is 8h 32m. I really should record one of them at some point.

Also, do you know about the Flying Battery special stage rings? Or had you just got ten fed up by that point?

EDIT: The gramatically correct word is "got ten" without the space, but the Sonic Retro word filter is too stupid to know that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.