Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic the Hedgehog Classic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...
 

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Progress and Screenshots

#871 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 09:37 AM

  • Posts: 3150
  • Joined: 10-June 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Wiki edits:196
Pretty much what he said; I could do with a good distraction. v.png

#872 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

  • Posts: 2818
  • Joined: 13-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birthplace of Lara Croft
  • Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6
QUOTE (Hez @ Mar 17 2011, 01:59 PM)
I cleaned a lot of stuff up and will probably release this shit tonight.


If you can't please don't set another release time, it's highly frustrating waiting for something multiple times to not get it yet again.

#873 User is offline Titan 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

  • Posts: 137
  • Joined: 29-April 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:UK
  • Wiki edits:1
Praise the lord! :P
Sure it will be great Hez smile.png

#874 User is offline 360 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

  • Posts: 413
  • Joined: 22-September 10
QUOTE (steveswede @ Mar 17 2011, 03:03 PM)
If you can't please don't set another release time, it's highly frustrating waiting for something multiple times to not get it yet again.


This.
This post has been edited by 360: 17 March 2011 - 11:35 AM

#875 User is offline Icewarrior 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:55 PM

  • I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!!
  • Posts: 497
  • Joined: 08-November 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France
I agree, as I've said many times before, really you should stop giving yourself a deadline and just work on it. If you wanna relieves us, just let us know about the progress, you don't need to set a release time EVERY time (that's what you've been doing lately ^^')

#876 User is offline Mr Lange 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:07 PM

  • A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys.
  • Posts: 772
  • Joined: 27-August 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Land of Waldos
  • Project:Helix, NASF DX, Sonic Overture
  • Wiki edits:1
Coming out now? Friggin awesome.
Hez needs to update his sig, lol.

#877 User is offline Deef 

Posted 17 March 2011 - 08:15 PM

  • Posts: 472
  • Joined: 20-February 10
Hehe, I came in about a week ago, got hyped, then got confused.

Sounds good! I'm glad it was a reason with a definite fix and not some deadline-blurring issue like a new bug.

#878 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

  • thirsty for the ash
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 18-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riding shotgun
  • Project:School, drawing, and bummin' it. Not all at once though'
Sorry for the necrobump, but could you provide a link to download the game plase? The original one on the SonicRetro page takes you to the now shut-down Megaupload.

#879 User is offline W.A.C. 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

  • I abuse text smilies way too much.
  • Posts: 3871
  • Joined: 05-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Art Assets for a Game Project
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostZinos, on 20 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Sorry for the necrobump, but could you provide a link to download the game plase? The original one on the SonicRetro page takes you to the now shut-down Megaupload.

[LINK]

#880 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:54 AM

  • thirsty for the ash
  • Posts: 142
  • Joined: 18-November 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Riding shotgun
  • Project:School, drawing, and bummin' it. Not all at once though'

View PostW.A.C., on 20 April 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

View PostZinos, on 20 April 2012 - 12:34 AM, said:

Sorry for the necrobump, but could you provide a link to download the game plase? The original one on the SonicRetro page takes you to the now shut-down Megaupload.

[LINK]


Many thanks.

#881 User is offline jasonchrist 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:04 AM

  • Give Us A Wank
  • Posts: 1893
  • Joined: 22-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
What a nice bump (for a change) to remind ourselves of the greatness of the first -actually good- completed fangame. Especially with all the S2HD doom and gloom.

#882 User is offline W.A.C. 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:11 AM

  • I abuse text smilies way too much.
  • Posts: 3871
  • Joined: 05-April 10
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California
  • Project:Art Assets for a Game Project
  • Wiki edits:2
And it only took...11 years to make? It's honestly remarkable that Hez was dedicated to his project for so long. The only other Sonic fangame I can think of that was in development for a longer period of time that looks like it will be released someday is Sonic Robo Blast 2. The game looks terribly dated and had significant management changes overtime, but I would be shocked if that game was never finished. If some staff members decide to throw the towel, they'll probably just replace the guys who quit.

Edit-

2011 was an amazing year for fangames. Sonic Classic. Sonic: Before the Sequel, and Sonic Axiom all released the same damn year. o_o That Sonic Worlds engine has been a godsend to fangaming.
This post has been edited by W.A.C.: 20 April 2012 - 01:12 AM

#883 User is offline jasonchrist 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

  • Give Us A Wank
  • Posts: 1893
  • Joined: 22-July 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Project:Sonic Classic Hybrid Project

View PostW.A.C., on 20 April 2012 - 01:11 AM, said:

And it only took...11 years to make? It's honestly remarkable that Hez was dedicated to his project for so long. The only other Sonic fangame I can think of that was in development for a longer period of time that looks like it will be released someday is Sonic Robo Blast 2. The game looks terribly dated and had significant management changes overtime, but I would be shocked if that game was never finished. If some staff members decide to throw the towel, they'll probably just replace the guys who quit.

Edit-

2011 was an amazing year for fangames. Sonic Classic. Sonic: Before the Sequel, and Sonic Axiom all released the same damn year. o_o That Sonic Worlds engine has been a godsend to fangaming.

I remember back in 2007-ish when I was but a mere lurker and Hez started this as a mere Sonic 1 remake to prove he could make a less shit version of it than the gba port. It came a long way since then!

Oh, and Axiom is bloody fantastic! It was like a spiritual sequel to Sonic CD, not to mention mean, moody and cool as fuck.

#884 User is offline Ayu Tsukimiya 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

  • UGUU~
  • Posts: 328
  • Joined: 26-April 10
  • Gender:Male
I'm sure this was asked before in this huge thread, but why does the game run so slowly?

#885 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:33 AM

  • Posts: 2818
  • Joined: 13-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Birthplace of Lara Croft
  • Project:Bowel reconstruction
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostAyu Tsukimiya, on 20 April 2012 - 03:12 AM, said:

I'm sure this was asked before in this huge thread, but why does the game run so slowly?


No blast processing.

Actually I don't know I thought it only ran slow on mine because my computer specs ain't amazing and I'm having heat issues with my built in graphics card (get same problems with other games even with Kega Fusion). Maybe Sonic Worlds is just a CPU hog it's not like it has a decent Sonic physics engine.

  • 63 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 57
  • 58
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • Last ►
    Locked
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users