don't click here

Stuff from Sonic Channel

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I misread this as "Sega Channel" and clicked. :(

Interesting site anyhow. I kinda lol at the simple line-drawn Sonic.

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Sonic Channel is where all of the character profiles are hosted, and usually where most new info comes. I suppose we can have an official thread to discuss all the updates. First post is kinda lacking though.

In any case,
    [​IMG]

This is the latest wallpaper showing that not only are we getting the sketch style for the third consecutive year, but we're also having Sonic as a January character for the third time in a row.

I suppose these are ok and all, but seriously, where is Eggman?

3. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

The Sonic model is wonderful. Look at his fat belly, it's even rounder than the Unleashed model. I think his tail is bigger as well, but that one I'm not so sure.

On another thought, I really like the fanart there.

4. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    [​IMG]

Here's that new Sonic render, with a mostly transparent background. Have fun!

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Damn... Sonic needs to eat.

6. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Here's that new Sonic render, with a completely transparent background. Have fun!

edit: damnit ICEknight you ruined my fun. :P

7. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    The new render is pretty damn good looking. I like it for some reason. The sketchy style on that calendar is neat too, but his stomach could really use some fattening up.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Sloppy edit just because.

8. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    What's far more interesting is the first trailer on the Chronicles page which contains a full 16 seconds' worth of original CG animation, featuring faithful recreations of two locations from the game that actually look pretty stunning. Japan doesn't deserve this much effort on the Sonic front.

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Wow, do I see some texturing on his gloves now?

Also, that's a pretty nifty trailer for Chronicles. Too bad we didn't get a trailer like that, although the game itself isn't the best.

10. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Much better IMO.

11. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

His gloves have had that texturing for a while now.

Also I may be in the minority by saying this, but Sonic's been looking pretty good as of late. Ever since last year it seems to me he's been looking better and better model-wise, the above especially.

12. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    It's getting there, somewhat.

13. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I also agree, Sonic's been getting pretty...anorexic lately. He looks better with a little chubby belly.

As well, I never noticed the texturing on his gloves in the past. So my bad.

14. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Don't sweat it, it's not like it's noticeable anyway. :P

You know, there's a good bit of nice fanart on that site. Sonic may be largely overlooked in Japan, but there's still a majority of fans who seem to care enough to send art in every month.

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Some of that footage in the Chronicles trailer was used in a US commercial for the game, but not much. Mainly just the Nocturnus and Sonic scuffling.

16. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I'm beginning to suspect that the "Sonic is largely overlooked in Japan" bit is some kind of revisionist history to justify how terrible the sales for his games are in Japan. You know, rather than the more obvious explanation that they aren't very good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.