Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic X-treme Textures and Defs - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic X-treme Textures and Defs General Discussion & Hacking

#31 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:08 PM

• Give 'em hell, give 'em hell, OU SUCKS!
  • Wiki edits:9
QUOTE (Master Emerald @ Dec 7 2009, 10:01 AM)
WOW:

That is awesome! The best art I've ever seen, looks like Green Groove.

Wow

#32 User is online BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:36 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
  • Wiki edits:51
So in PCX/Chaz there's images of what appear to be a character sprite.

I've been a bit out of the loop with X-treme stuff. Did they try and repurpose the game to detach it from Sonic? Or what? Because that's my immediate first impression.

#33 User is offline Master Emerald 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:41 PM

• Project:College
  • Wiki edits:22
@BlazeHedgehog: Maybe that is a boss (like the robots used in Sonic 2 8 Bit) ?

Also, a screen collection:

The tutorial zone looks like a beta Chao Garden, a Mip Garden XD.
This post has been edited by Master Emerald: 09 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

#34 User is offline The Shad 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

• ↑ & ↓ & ↻
  • Wiki edits:83
Oh man, some of those look like they might've been fun. That one in the top left, espcially.

#35 User is online BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
Jade Gully's definitely caught my eye, I'd say. It is the least ugly out of any of the Sonic X-treme levels I've seen.

#36 User is offline Lostgame 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:33 PM

• 'There are feathers everywhere, but it's fine...'
  • Project:LSD-25
  • Wiki edits:2
QUOTE (BlazeHedgehog @ Dec 7 2009, 01:50 PM)
Jade Gully's definitely caught my eye, I'd say. It is the least ugly out of any of the Sonic X-treme levels I've seen.

Yeah...most of these look *hideous.* Really, really bad.

#37 User is online BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?

I like the idea that, at least Jade Gully, was possibly played just like one of the 2D Sonics, but that pathways were layered in 3D. So instead of like, Sonic 3D Blast, where you can go in all directions at any time, you're still playing 2D Sonic game but you can move between the foreground and background in 3D space.
This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 07 December 2009 - 02:48 PM

#38 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:10 PM

• Wiki edits:19
What system requirements must you have to open this? I have an old Windows 98 laptop that I could use... Anyway. This looks absolutely amazing. If someone could actually use this to make a playable game- at least with jade gully, then I would love to play it. In the meantime, would someone maybe post a video showing much of the levels viewable witin the editor? At least here and not on youtube? I would love to see it.

#39 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:19 PM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
When I get home, I'm definetely going to check this shit out! This is awesome! ^^

#40 User is offline Lostgame 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

So I assume that the assholes hiding the no-doubt amazing story behind this are actually going to open up and tell us where this is all from, when it came about and all that, after they're done lording over us that they've had this all this time, right?

#41 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:00 PM

QUOTE (Lostgame @ Dec 7 2009, 03:47 PM)
So I assume that the assholes hiding the no-doubt amazing story behind this are actually going to open up and tell us where this is all from, when it came about and all that, after they're done lording over us that they've had this all this time, right?

If you're honestly calling Chris Senn an asshole, then you're an asshole. If you're talking about who leaked this, it was an anonymous source that didn't want to be tracked; whoever it was used a throwaway email account that can't actually be linked to anyone, so I severely doubt we'll be getting a story. Any other information regarding this material would likely come from Senn or Ofer Alon, but I somewhat doubt either of them will be happy to see this out; if they were totally open to the idea, I'm sure they would have released it themselves.

Please don't adopt the selfish idea that we actually deserve to see this material—it makes you look like a selfish douche with little regard for other peoples' personal work. Nobody is under any obligation to share this, and the fact that it's got out at all should be a cause for appreciation. I think people take our resources for granted... this doesn't happen all the time, and it certainly isn't easy to achieve. Show some respect.

That said, I think the lack of reaction is due to a lack of presentation of what this stuff actually is. It's pretty damn cool to see the original level maps and all of the game material that we hadn't seen before!

#42 User is offline Skeledroid 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:46 PM

• Project:Platformer Engine
  • Wiki edits:1
someone please take more screens!

#43 User is offline Lostgame 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Tweaker @ Dec 7 2009, 04:00 PM)
QUOTE (Lostgame @ Dec 7 2009, 03:47 PM)

If you're honestly calling Chris Senn an asshole, then you're an asshole. If you're talking about who leaked this, it was an anonymous source that didn't want to be tracked; whoever it was used a throwaway email account that can't actually be linked to anyone, so I severely doubt we'll be getting a story. Any other information regarding this material would likely come from Senn or Ofer Alon, but I somewhat doubt either of them will be happy to see this out; if they were totally open to the idea, I'm sure they would have released it themselves.

Please don't adopt the selfish idea that we actually deserve to see this material—it makes you look like a selfish douche with little regard for other peoples' personal work. Nobody is under any obligation to share this, and the fact that it's got out at all should be a cause for appreciation. I think people take our resources for granted... this doesn't happen all the time, and it certainly isn't easy to achieve. Show some respect.

That said, I think the lack of reaction is due to a lack of presentation of what this stuff actually is. It's pretty damn cool to see the original level maps and all of the game material that we hadn't seen before!

So, there we go, we get the story behind it, even though there isn't much of one. That's all I wanted, and it would be stupid to think I was trying to call Chris Senn an asshole, but rather I was referring to those that were leaving details like you just mentioned out.

...was that so hard? :P

#44 User is online BlazeHedgehog 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:34 PM

• A "Community Enigma"?
QUOTE (olaf @ Dec 7 2009, 05:46 PM)
someone please take more screens!

Red Sands (Exterior-ish - filename: "RED")

Red Sands (Interior - filename: "SANDS")

"NEO"

"AGUA" (underwater level)

Old Jade Gully ("JADE")

This post has been edited by BlazeHedgehog: 07 December 2009 - 05:52 PM

#45 User is offline True Dude 

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

• Wiki edits:980
Now all we need is Sonic X-treme for the Sega Saturn released.

Oh, and AGUA was named Blue Ocean.
This post has been edited by True Dude: 07 December 2009 - 06:08 PM

• 30 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users