don't click here

Sonic Adventure Annoucement Video

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by JennyTablina, Sep 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IFeL2wKmzw

Considering its 9/7/09 today I had a nostalgia moment remembering when Sonic Adventure was first announced. I remembered hearing about a conference they had for the announcement. A quick sweep of youtube dug this little gem up. Apparently this has been posted on Sonic Cult before but thought it might be worth posting here

The video features a lot of beta footage - including lots of little differences in levels and that "Lost Level" that pops up in discussion sometimes + an unknown chao garden. Also includes Yugi Naka bursting out an Egg Balloon, footage of Sonic Team's trip to South America, Segata Sanshiro getting the crowd to chant for the final fight recording and an early performance of Open Your Heart

Edit: I randomly time skipped - but I was close! Date amended

2. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    This is a very nice video, but it's 9/7/09.

3. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Are you like, posting from the future? Because last I checked, the date was 9/7/09 :P

EDIT: Dammit, he beat me to it!

4. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Yeeeah I just realised that - I assumed the date and just realised it was wrong but I'll edit the post XD

5. Stiv

Stiv

Oldbie
    NE England
    Sonic the Comic - Online!
    Bloody foreigners.

6. Neoblast

Neoblast

In this conference, there was a japanese version of open your heart IIRC, does anyone here have that song?

7. synchronizer

synchronizer

I like how they show the snake in Lost World floating around without the water being properly raised.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Proof that Segata Sanshiro didn't die from blasting into space!

9. PARASOL

PARASOL

I remember watching this in 2004 (I think in SoSth). I was pretty late in terms of actually playing SA1 (around 2000, I don't know)

10. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Did anybody else notice the beta Windy Valley at 6:08?

11. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    It does seem to be a Beta Windy Valley but some consider that level a seperate one from Windy (though looking at the footage it does seem to represent Windy at this point as it seems to have the tornado bit and all in one shot)

I think its more curious that Big is following Froggy in that level - was he originally going to chase froggy around levels instead of fishing for him?

12. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    This comes up several times a year. :-(
    It's still available in the same place it always has been:
    http://sonic.sega.jp/sonicadv/info/maintheme.html

13. Eddo

Eddo

Seeing the footage of Segata Sanshiro made my day. I've never even seen this before.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Notice when you see sonic jump for the stone snake he misses and they use a position debug to place him on top, lol.

Something about beta SA I always see is that they really did clash the colours, windy valley has blues, greens and browns like it's a mash up of coloured putty, the final windy valley look (area 1 before the tornado area) looks much nicer with the new textures.

15. Too bad this shit isn't in English.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.