Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

SADX/SA1 Hacking/Modding Now with more research and development!

#1831 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339

View PostCommando Beta, on 17 February 2012 - 03:45 PM, said:

Are character-specific actions driven only by the animations or are they hardcoded? I'm thinking of things such as Tails flying, Knuckles gliding etc.

Every action is hardcoded.
This post has been edited by MainMemory: 17 February 2012 - 04:40 PM

#1832 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

I see. I wonder if there's a way to change that, if of course we know where the actions are hardcoded to. For now, I'd be happy simply removing an action entirely.

Does anybody know the address for Metal Sonic's afterimage effect when he begins to hover? I'd like to kill it.

#1833 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

In order to, say, make Tails spindash like Sonic, you would have to copy and modify all of Sonic's spindash code to work with Tails. You cannot simply mix and match actions. Removing an action would probably be done by removing the code that triggers it.

The answer to the after-images depends on whether you want to disable them only when he starts hovering, or every time they're used.

#1834 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:54 PM

View PostMainMemory, on 20 February 2012 - 05:15 PM, said:

The answer to the after-images depends on whether you want to disable them only when he starts hovering, or every time they're used.

Pretty much every time Metal Sonic uses them - I've noticed switching his running animation from "Metal Sonic Hover" in SADXTweaker to a different running animation makes the afterimages appear whenever Metal Sonic runs.

#1835 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

You can disable the after-image object entirely by going to 95A54 and replacing the bytes there with C7 41 10 70 B5 40 00 C3.

#1836 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:15 PM

I've started working on my own mod for SADX now that I have the modelling issue sorted. What I'd like to know is whether cutscene heads are modifiable - I'm not certain on this one because I don't know how they operate in-game (as well as this, I only have the offset for Sonic's cutscene head)

#1837 User is offline Dude 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

• 3ds MAX Help Desk
  • Project:Sonic Adventure Generations
  • Wiki edits:43
Heads yes, cutscenes themselves not so much as far as I know. The heads each have a series of 'extra' vertex arrays that serve as morph targets. I don't know of any tool that lets you place new morph target data in either the original dll space or the extended area, you'd have to do it in a hex editor and then manually update the pointers.

#1838 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

I'm simply making a "classic" mod, so I'm not inserting new meshes, simply resizing existing ones. Would that still involve having to recreate the morph codes in the dll?

#1839 User is offline Dude 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:37 PM

• 3ds MAX Help Desk
This depends on one thing - the model you're using is a vertex edit of the original sadx model, right? If not, it doesn't matter that you're making morph targets for the new model you imported, you'll need extra space and therefore need to migrate things.
This post has been edited by Dude: 29 February 2012 - 04:38 PM

#1840 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostDude, on 29 February 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

This depends on one thing - the model you're using is a vertex edit of the original sadx model, right? If not, it doesn't matter that you're making morph targets for the new model you imported, you'll need extra space and therefore need to migrate things.

Yes, I'm simply shrinking Sonic's spines to 'classic' length, nothing else.
This post has been edited by Commando Beta: 29 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

#1841 User is offline Dude 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

• 3ds MAX Help Desk
Yeah, then you'd be all set.

http://x-hax.cultnet...rphResearch.txt <- this page has the info you need. Or at least, some of it.

#1842 User is offline Kharen 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:37 PM

Two questions.

1: I already have the GameCube disc of Sonic Adventure DX, and have beaten it. However, my little brother deleted my save file. I downloaded a copy of the game to my computer, figuring if I was going to have to redo everything, I might as well try it with things like graphical mods put in it. For instance, I would love to try that graphical mod that improves all the textures for Emerald Coast and uses the Sonic model from Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Colors, I just don't know where to find it. Anyways, what mods would you recommend and how would I set them up?

2: This question is more on the hacking side of it. Are the attacks for all the characters coded the same way? For example, you only fight the Egg Hornet as Sonic/Tails. If I were to make it so Amy were to fight the thing, would it still register damage from her hammer? I know there's no possible way I would be able to put together custom bosses for the game, but I figured I could rearrange the existing boss fights so you fight them with different characters. Could you imagine trying to fight the Egg Viper as Amy, or even better, as Big? (I know that it would be next to impossible since the fight relys on Sonic's Homing Attack to reach the boss, but it's just an example.)

#1843 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:52 PM

As far as attacks go, I believe the only restriction is that Gamma's bosses can't be hit by jumping/rolling.

#1844 User is offline Commando Beta 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Okay, I imported the Colours Spinner over the SADX Spinner. The main body is okay, but despite importing both the body and the blades, in-game, the Spinner's blades remain the same. Is there another model for the Spinner's blades inside the executeable?

#1845 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 03 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

The Spinner object draws the ATTACHes of the body and blades separately rather than drawing the model normally. You have to change the pointers at AFD36 and AFF1D to point to the RAM address of the new ATTACH (take the ATTACH Address from the Advanced Info window).

• 144 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users