Get a load of— get a load of—
Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:43 AM
Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:00 PM
But the art in the one demo stage that was personally crafted, no bueno. I dig it, I like what you tried to do, but no way mang, just didn't work for me.
Posted 10 August 2009 - 10:42 PM
There's a couple other things I noticed:
- Placing either of the two large circular objects in the test zone and then rolling on/in them accelerates you to insane speeds. Is this something that happens in the original Sonic games?
- A rock in Green Hill 2 (just after the shoes) killed me when I flew into it from the bottom as Tails. Other rocks I tried were fine. WTH happened here? (Edit: This is repeatable, but sometimes he dies, and other times he goes inside the rock.)
- Carrying a partner Tails as Tails (yes, a Tails clone team) makes the non-flyer's tails disappear. Why were the 'pushing/hanging' animations not used here?
- Oddly sped-up walking animations appeared at times, much faster than anything seen in even Sonic 3. Is this an issue with the player object, perhaps?
Edited to add:
- Tails is able to go into flight instantly from a jump. This is not possible in Sonic 3, and because of the physics involved, it's for good reason. If you press Z and C in a 'plinking' manner in E02, Tails gets insane height. Couple this with a speed shoes, and it's GG, GHZ2. (I'm not sure exactly how many frames of delay there is between starting a jump and being able to go into flight mode, but I can assure you it's not just 1 or 2).
Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:52 AM
EDIT: OKAY, I just figured out that you can use this but I have no idea how to start. There is a lot of documentation but its not clear how to really get started. It looks like a great editor, but I can't figure it out
Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:48 PM
I lol'd very hard.
I'm trying the Sonic demo, and it is honestly BAD ASS. I freakin' love it!
I'm definitely gonna stick this on my PSP
However, many of the download links around the site seem to be broken. Halp?
Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:50 PM
Is there a Dreamcast port in store for us?
Posted 21 August 2009 - 04:31 PM