don't click here

D.A. Garden's Hacks - Discontinued

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by D.A. Garden, Jun 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    So, after another mishap of having a level mess up in SonEd2 due to the level size changing, I decided to scrap the project and start again. But rather than chuck away all my progress, I've decided to give it to you guys. I've provided the links below and some screenshots to know what your downloading. If you want anything from these, just give us a message and I'm sure we can work something out.

Sonic 1 Random Project
    Thanks to all the guides on the wiki and Markey Jester who helped with various things on this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/13/1957633/s1built.zip

Sonic 2 - South East Island (Discontinued)
    Thanks to FraGag, Tweaker, Malevolence, Markey Jester, djohe, the various guides on the wiki and anyone else I forgot to mention. (Sorry if I did forget you)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/13/195...EIDiscontin.zip

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: I forgot to give you guys the level select for the Sonic 2 hack. It's 35, 35, 35, 45. Have fun exploring the other levels.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You know....you can just change it back to the right size and everything would be fixed, right? Happened to me all the time when I worked on my hack, it's no big deal.

3. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

I was told about this, but it's a problem with the old SonED2; mainly the number keys changing the values wrong.
    It's fixed in the newer version that Stealth made but it can't fix the levels affected by the older version of SonEd2.
    I tried to fix it, but couldn't get a result. It's partly my fault due to typing fast and stray key pressing anyway.

4. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    I thought this was going to be a thread about discontinued hacks over the years.

I am gravely disappointed.

5. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Old version? New version?

I don't know the version I use. I didn't knew there were more than one version of SonED2...

Me too.

The thread title is kinda misleading.

6. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sorry about the confusion. Topic title changed accordingly.

On a side note, if you wanted to make a thread about discontinued hacks, feel free to do so. :)

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I've always been able to fix it, using the older version of SonED2 no problem. You could also grab the level layout from the built ROMs that you have...or not save after you mess up the level size.

8. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    I like the first one, but I got fed up with GHZ1 (and passed with level select) always killing me because the camera never follows in time, leading to me falling out the edge. There's a fix; check the porting spindash to Sonic 1 thing on the wiki. But the GHZ1 is quite thrilling, and I can say that about all the other modified zones/acts. Nice job.

9. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Then perhaps someone make a topic on that?

10. GT Koopa

GT Koopa

Elgin, IL
    Flicky Turncoat DX, T.L.W.S. Vs M.G.W.
    And why can't it still be this one?

In other news D.A. Garden's Chemical Plant Boss layout is evil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.