Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Objects/Badniks - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

General Objects/Badniks (Item boxes, power-ups and killer enemies)

#46 User is offline roxahris 

Posted 26 November 2008 - 12:29 AM

• Everyone's a hypocrite. Take my word for it.
  • Project:Doing anything at all
  • Wiki edits:30

View PostThundertimi, on Nov 26 2008, 07:13 AM, said:

Why everyone complaining about
"Nack have no reason to fight sonic/ Join robotnick"

We making a new game...
Let's give him a reason.

Then, what about cutting circus zone off, because there is not circus zones in sonic series.
We creating a new story.
But Nack is already an established character, however unnoticed he may be. That would be out of character for him...

#47 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 26 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

• Wiki edits:18
QUOTE (STHX @ Nov 23 2008, 02:07 PM) [post="249246"]Posted Image[/quote]...I don't think that would make much sense, for a couple of reasons:
-MetalSonic remote-controlling another robot while his face is being filmed on camera, is just something a bit odd.
-The eyes on the sign's screen wouldn't really be able to see Sonic moving in the different directions. Whoever is controlling the thing would be most likely watching another screen right in front of him/it, so his eyes wouldn't be moving much.

I think the original round eyes would fit much better in there (as they're similar to other badniks'), but only if they're physical eyes, so the signpost badnik would actually use them to see where Sonic is. So, after whatever animation is played on the sign to unveil its fakeness, its screen could just turn off and then the whole thing could flip and unveil the eyes on the other side.

#48 User is offline Mobiethian 

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:06 PM

• Graphics Artist/Developer
  • Project:Sonic Mobius
  • Wiki edits:29

View Postroxahris, on Nov 26 2008, 12:29 AM, said:

We making a new game...
Let's give him a reason.

Then, what about cutting circus zone off, because there is not circus zones in sonic series.
We creating a new story.
But Nack is already an established character, however unnoticed he may be. That would be out of character for him...

Nack would be great for an act 1 mini boss in the zones. As the player reaches the end of the level, by suprise Nack would be standing there chuckling, then will run away and jump into a machine that can be defeated by 3 or 4 hits. When he is defeated he will stand there in disbelief and then run away and the sign will fall.

#49 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 28 November 2008 - 04:04 AM

• Coucou
  • Project:iOS Game

View PostBJCharles, on Nov 28 2008, 02:06 AM, said:

View Postroxahris, on Nov 26 2008, 12:29 AM, said:

We making a new game...
Let's give him a reason.

We creating a new story.

Nack would be great for an act 1 mini boss in the zones. As the player reaches the end of the level, by suprise Nack would be standing there chuckling, then will run away and jump into a machine that can be defeated by 3 or 4 hits. When he is defeated he will stand there in disbelief and then run away and the sign will fall.

Yeah, I'd like to see that too.
(By the way, see This thread for the decisions already taken, please.)

#50 User is offline Rokkan 

Posted 28 November 2008 - 11:48 AM

• Wiki edits:4

And, another idea I threw in the Sonic 4 development forum: Fang/Nack would appear at a certain part of a level, depending on how much Chaos Emeralds you have. For example, you're at Blue Mountain Zone and you just got your 4th Chaos Emerald. He will appear at a certain part of this level as a mini-boss. He, however, won't steal your C.E.s if you lose to him (that would be too much of a pain on the ass if that happened...) but if you defeat him, you'll win some major bonus points or he would drop a 1up or a really useful monitor. If you lose to him, he'll not re-spawn at that place again and you lost the chance to win some good points.

What about my idea? >:

#51 User is offline Mobiethian 

Posted 29 November 2008 - 06:09 PM

• Graphics Artist/Developer
  • Project:Sonic Mobius
  • Wiki edits:29
QUOTE (Phoebius @ Nov 28 2008, 04:04 AM) [post="251035"]Posted Image
This post has been edited by BJCharles: 30 November 2008 - 12:27 AM

#52 User is offline STHX 

Posted 07 December 2008 - 04:41 PM

• SEGAAAAAAAAA?!?
  • Project:Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
  • Wiki edits:31
Posted Image

You know you want it.

#53 User is offline NinjaMan 

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

He looks... happy. Blissfully, absurdly happy; like a dog about to get his ear scratched by Dr. Robotnik.

Also, maybe it's just me, but there's something weird about the way the top spike on his back arcs. It almost looks flimsy. That little bumpy V formed between that spike and the one below it also looks off for some reason.

The little version looks good, though. :-)

#54 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 04:13 PM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like

View PostNinjaMan, on Dec 8 2008, 12:37 PM, said:

He looks... happy. Blissfully, absurdly happy; like a dog about to get his ear scratched by Dr. Robotnik.

Also, maybe it's just me, but there's something weird about the way the top spike on his back arcs. It almost looks flimsy. That little bumpy V formed between that spike and the one below it also looks off for some reason.

The little version looks good, though. :-)

The top spike seems to me that it was a little overstretched. Otherwise, great job! The smiling is the kind of creepy thing that would be great for a boss. It's like the robot's thinking, I'm killing you and enjoying it so much right now.

#55 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (STHX @ Dec 7 2008, 04:41 PM) [post="254281"]Posted Image

You know you want it.[/quote]That feels like two or three steps backwards from Sonic & Knuckles' Mecha Sonic... :(

#56 User is offline Max Firestorm 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 06:17 PM

• Pyrodramatic
  • Wiki edits:2
Am I the only one who can't see anything in STHX's post? =/

#57 User is offline synchronizer 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 08:30 PM

• Wiki edits:19
QUOTE (ICEknight @ Dec 9 2008, 05:48 PM) [post="254921"]Posted Image

You know you want it.[/quote]That feels like two or three steps backwards from Sonic & Knuckles' Mecha Sonic... :(
[/quote]

Yes, if a Metal Sonic is to be made, it should be a combination of Sonic CD's and Sonic 3 and Knuckles'. Actually, I really like Knuckles Chaotix' revision out of all of them.

#58 User is offline Blue Emerald 

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:06 PM

• Teleportation, yeah!
  • Project:Super Mario Bros. - Version 2.0
  • Wiki edits:4
QUOTE (synchronizer @ Dec 9 2008, 07:30 PM) [post="254957"]Posted Image

[/quote]

Yes, if a Metal Sonic is to be made, it should be a combination of Sonic CD's and Sonic 3 and Knuckles'. Actually, I really like Knuckles Chaotix' revision out of all of them.
[/quote]
Perhaps it could share some elements from the two Metal Sonics. Perhaps it could have Metal Sonic's head and feet with Mecha Sonic's visor and limb structure, which would make it look like a deadlier version of Sonic CD's/Chaotix' Metal Sonic.

#59 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 11 December 2008 - 05:36 AM

Silver Sonic's tentacle could work nicely in a new Metal Sonic, though.

#60 User is offline Phoenix 

Posted 11 December 2008 - 12:57 PM

• Has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like
@STHX, is that something you just recently sprited? Because it seems really familiar for some reason.

• 13 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users