Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Objects/Badniks - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

General Objects/Badniks (Item boxes, power-ups and killer enemies)

#31 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:26 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
QUOTE (STHX @ Nov 23 2008, 02:07 PM) [post="249246"]Posted Image

Its eyes may point in the direction of Sonic, just like the fake Egg-prison ones.
[/quote]

That is beautifully disturbing right there. I think the eyes would have to be a tiny bit smaller in order to move around toward Sonic's direction. They also need to have a flash/glow type of effect to really get the effect perfect.
This post has been edited by muteKi: 23 November 2008 - 02:29 PM

#32 User is offline Thundertimi 

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:27 PM

• Project:Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
  • Wiki edits:2
About that singpost miniboss.

If we keeping that nack miniboss idea, Let's put nack in that screen of singpost miniboss.

#33 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:31 PM

• Fuck it
I don't think that makes much sense, really: Nack is not a minion or servant of Robotnik, nor is he a robotic creation of his. He's just a bounty hunter hired by Robotnik to acquire the chaos emeralds / take out that damned hedgehog. As such it seems odd to have his face on the mid-boss like that.

Of course this means that just trying to make Nack a miniboss for every stage is a bad idea.

#34 User is offline Matwek 

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:05 PM

I always thought it made more sence to have Nack as Kuckles' boss in the same way as the eggbro boss was used in S&K and keep sonics boss as robotnik and his robots

#35 User is offline P.P.A. 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:47 AM

• SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER
  • Project:Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
  • Wiki edits:21
Fang isn't a bounty hunter, just a greedy treasure hunter. I don't think he really cares about Sonic as long as he doesn't try to grab the Chaos Emeralds or other valuable goods before Fang himself can.

#36 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:41 PM

• Что, вы ожидали что-то остроумное?
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostP.P.A., on Nov 24 2008, 09:47 AM, said:

Fang isn't a bounty hunter, just a greedy treasure hunter. I don't think he really cares about Sonic as long as he doesn't try to grab the Chaos Emeralds or other valuable goods before Fang himself can.

Nah, that's more Rouge. Nack is a bounty hunter, he just likes to take shinies off his victims =P

#37 User is offline P.P.A. 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:48 PM

• SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER
  • Project:Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
  • Wiki edits:21
http://info.sonicret...ils_2_JP_Manual

“Heh heh heh! Neither Sonic nor Eggman count for squat! While that bunch was going at it, guess who got the Chaos Emeralds – none other than Fang the Sniper, Treasure Hunter!”

Furthermore, if he was a bounty hunter wouldn't he follow Sonic throughout the main stages instead of just sitting around where the Chaos Emeralds are hidden? (And chilling out in Robotnik's base for no reason before running away cowardly.)

#38 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:10 PM

• Что, вы ожидали что-то остроумное?
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostP.P.A., on Nov 24 2008, 08:48 PM, said:

http://info.sonicret...ils_2_JP_Manual

“Heh heh heh! Neither Sonic nor Eggman count for squat! While that bunch was going at it, guess who got the Chaos Emeralds – none other than Fang the Sniper, Treasure Hunter!”

Furthermore, if he was a bounty hunter wouldn't he follow Sonic throughout the main stages instead of just sitting around where the Chaos Emeralds are hidden? (And chilling out in Robotnik's base for no reason before running away cowardly.)

Hey, if he was a GOOD bounty hunter he'd have got more exposure than he has =P

#39 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

• don't get butthurt if your get memed on
  • Project:Music for various projects.
  • Wiki edits:1

View PostMatwek, on Nov 23 2008, 06:05 PM, said:

I always thought it made more sence to have Nack as Kuckles' boss in the same way as the eggbro boss was used in S&K and keep sonics boss as robotnik and his robots

I recommended this on the old project forums. I support this.

#40 User is offline Azu 

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:55 PM

• I must be stupid.
A few power-ups/monitor ideas.
Warp Engine
I have a few idea for gimmicks if you guys are still looking for some. One of my idea is called "Warp Engine"
It's idea I had for the Sonic Worlds engine (Made in MMF2). This gimmick would be best suited for a machine-type level.
Anyway, the Warp Engine is sort of like the Warpstar. It uses some features of the Warpstar. Sonic hops on the warp drive and rides it to a certain point. Could be a flight leading to the bonus area, or a hidden area.

Another idea of mines is called "Protection Shield". It basically like the normal shield, but it has HP. That's pretty much it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PLKTOEoH2gw

Badnik(s).

See-Kun/Uno/Knocular(noc·u·lar)/Binocu(bin·oc·u·lar)
Whatever name you choose (personally, I like Binocu), Binocu is a enemy that serves as a "watchdog"
He'll sound an alarm when you get in is vision. Any near by enemies when swarm around you. Basically, he's a walking alarm system.

Murder-E1
CodeName: Saws
Life: 3
Description:Murder-E1 is the first of 3 series of Eggman/Robotniks A-class badniks. These badniks are powerful, but can be taken down in 3 hits.
He's deadly saw making hard to hit, he'll eventually get tired of swinging at our mighty blue hero. That's the chance to attack.

Murder-E2
CodeName: Claws
Description: Murder-E2 is a claw based version of E1. E2 swings with 3 powerful claw attacks. Two Left and right side slashes , then ending his murderous combo with a downward slash using both his claws. Just keep your distance and go in for the kill while he's recharging/resting.

Mid-Bosse(s)

Murder-E3
CodeName: Hammers
Life: 6
Description: As his codename suggests, he uses hammers. Hammers has 3 attacks. The first is the same combo as Claws. The second one (Hammer Wave is he pounds the ground sending out a shockwave that travel in both directions for a short time . He last attack is devsating for a mid-boss. Hammer Crush is an attack that summons sharp stalagmites when Hammers slams his hammer fists into the ground. The Shock is so powerful that it pops Sonic in the air.

I'll post the concept art once I get it scanned.

#41 User is offline DTX 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 02:11 AM

• A fellow with a name fit for nary a man but himself... mayhap not even. =/
  • Project:Commissioning a friend to produce HQ Rock covers of a few select BGMs from Comix Zone; so far Options & Final Boss are done and my bank account is $20 emptier.
  • Wiki edits:28

View PostAzu, on Nov 24 2008, 10:55 PM, said:

A few power-ups/monitor ideas.
Warp Engine
I have a few idea for gimmicks if you guys are still looking for some. One of my idea is called "Warp Engine"
It's idea I had for the Sonic Worlds engine (Made in MMF2). This gimmick would be best suited for a machine-type level.
Anyway, the Warp Engine is sort of like the Warpstar. It uses some features of the Warpstar. Sonic hops on the warp drive and rides it to a certain point. Could be a flight leading to the bonus area, or a hidden area.

Another idea of mines is called "Protection Shield". It basically like the normal shield, but it has HP. That's pretty much it.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=PLKTOEoH2gw

Badnik(s).

See-Kun/Uno/Knocular(noc·u·lar)/Binocu(bin·oc·u·lar)
Whatever name you choose (personally, I like Binocu), Binocu is a enemy that serves as a "watchdog"
He'll sound an alarm when you get in is vision. Any near by enemies when swarm around you. Basically, he's a walking alarm system.

Murder-E1
CodeName: Saws
Description:Murder-E1 is the first of 3 series of Eggman/Robotniks A-class badniks. These badniks are powerful, but can be taken down in 3 hits.
He's deadly saw making hard to hit, he'll eventually get tired of swinging at our mighty blue hero. That's the chance to attack.

Murder-E2
CodeName: Claws
Description: Murder-E2 is a claw based version of E1. E2 swings with 3 powerful claw attacks. Two Left and right side slashes , then ending his murderous combo with a downward slash using both his claws. Just keep your distance and go in for the kill while he's recharging/resting.

Mid-Bosse(s)

Murder-E3
CodeName: Hammers
Life: 6
Description: As his codename suggests, he uses hammers. Hammers has 3 attacks. The first is the same combo as Claws. The second one (Hammer Wave is he pounds the ground sending out a shockwave that travel in both directions for a short time . He last attack is devsating for a mid-boss. Hammer Crush is an attack that summons sharp stalagmites when Hammers slams his hammer fists into the ground. The Shock is so powerful that it pops Sonic in the air.

I'll post the concept art once I get it scanned.

Shouldn't this be posted in Concepts/Ideas instead? At least the first part -- though since you don't have any screenshots for the second part I guess you really ought also keep that out of this topic as well.

#42 User is offline Mobiethian 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:43 AM

• Graphics Artist/Developer
  • Project:Sonic Mobius
  • Wiki edits:29

Fang the Sniper, also known as Nack the Weasel, is a character in the Sonic the Hedgehog universe. He is a purple treasure hunter (or bounty hunter in the Archie Sonic comics.)

#43 User is offline Thundertimi 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:43 PM

• Project:Sonic Retro (Artwork team)
  • Wiki edits:2
Why everyone complaining about
"Nack have no reason to fight sonic/ Join robotnick"

We making a new game...
Let's give him a reason.

Then, what about cutting circus zone off, because there is not circus zones in sonic series.
We creating a new story.

#44 User is offline Ollie 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 04:49 PM

• DIGGY DIGGY HOLE
  • Wiki edits:149
Well there is a Circus type Cliche. Well more of a Carnival theme, but Balloon park and Carnival Night. They're very similar concept wise so I say keep it, besides looking at the concept it actually looks pretty enjoyable and if done properly then it could be a very speedy level.

#45 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 25 November 2008 - 10:20 PM

• Fuck it
Besides, I think it would be rather dull to make all the levels fit too closely with the old ones. A new Sonic game ought to try to introduce new stuff so as not to feel too old hat.

• 13 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users