Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: ***Tech Demo Second Release!*** (postbugfix) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

***Tech Demo Second Release!*** (postbugfix) Discuss the second release of the tech demo, report bugs etc

#136 User is offline Vincent 

Posted 20 February 2009 - 03:32 PM

• Sonic 2HD - Project Leader & Character Artist
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD
  • Wiki edits:6
There will be an official announcement about the Alpha release, and a release date.
For the moment do acknowledge S2HD is fully processing on the workings, and like on the TD's first post:

Stay tuned and note this date as the real birthday of Sonic 2HD - we'll start to amaze you from now on.

:eng101:

#137 User is offline sclerosis 

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:10 AM

I played the demo for a good half an hour and it runs very smooth. I only found one problem and it might be working as intended

Posted Image

I was able so spin dash jump and go though that wall. The red line shows my jump path. Sonic goes under that wall. Don't know if sonic is ment to go though, maybe working as intended.

Also sonic has no waiting animation when he get bored. And there is no smoke when sonic stops hard or does a spin dash. Since this demo was made to test the zone I don't think animations are the main focus so you can ignore this last comment.
This post has been edited by sclerosis: 21 February 2009 - 01:52 AM

#138 User is offline Vipershark 

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:03 PM

I don't know if it's come to your attention or not but this thing lags the crap out of my computer, and apparently it's not just me.

I don't have a monster rig or anything, but I more than pass the minimum specs and literally only get 4 FPS ingame. My brother's computer is like 3 times as powerful as mine, and he only gets about 30 FPS.

Is this a problem with the program, or is my computer just utter crap?

#139 User is offline Canned Karma 

Posted 26 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

• S2HD Project Manager
  • Project:Sonic 2 HD, various 3D work
  • Wiki edits:1
You guys can put any issues with the Tech Demo behind for good at this point. It's literally running on obsolete code. The alpha release will be running on a far more optimized version of the engine, thanks in no small part to the feedback you've given us on the TD.

As for when the alpha release will be... stay tuned :) We've had a few major developments recently that have pushed things along faster than anticipated.

• 10 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users