I ask the courtesy to stop posting New WIP Level Art and Badnik Art on the old Topics, those will be used only by "approved" designs.
Since we upgraded to million colors, 256 color limit don't exists anymore.
HD stands for "High Definition". Any upscaled / hq2x filtered original 4X art, with few color shades or details will be not qualified.
For this reason, being inspired by the "Original Level" feeling, you can picture and add as much details as your creativity dreams of!
Layered work save us time to redraw parts from scratch and if exported correctly, we can easily put them into the engine.
(To avoid redundant work)
- Start a new base by tracing over the original 4X Level Art shapes*
- You can *with caution* use gradients
- We accept textures if they feel perfectly integrated into the level
- To produce it faster and better, using "grid" helps ALOT in "tiling it"
- Place this "New Sonic Frame"into your level art to test the IN-Game feeling.
1 - Import the Original 4X art, than Lock it.
2 - Create a new Layer, and by clicking on the "Layer spot" (or layer properties) change its opacity by 75%
3 - Draw!
1 - To properly check the results, you can switch back the opacity to 100% by selecting again the layer properties.