Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: General Project Screenshot/Video Thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 271 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

#3196 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
Go with "Sonic the Hedgehog Master Expansion". I was planning to do an expansion like this, though with all South Island levels, but you've beat me to it so I have no claims to it =P

(Master being a joke on the "Master System", since my jokes tend to need explaning, unfortunately...)
This post has been edited by BlackHole: 07 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

#3197 User is offline Machenstein 

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

View PostTiddles, on 07 March 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostMachenstein, on 06 March 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

I'm thinking about starting a Sonic 1 Complete with save data among other features such as extra levels from the Master System version. Before I start, the first thing I want to do is implement the data select feature from Sonic 3. Below is a mock-up of what I have in mind.

Now I'm not very experienced at ASM. I can only do the things covered in the tutorials. That said, we have two options. We can either make this a group project and I'll do the graphical work such as the mock-up above, or I could try something less ambitious first with the ASM skills I currently have. Any thoughts?
I'm all in favour of such a hack, and I'd love to play it - but I'd personally suggest not using the name Sonic 1 Complete. I think a separate name will make it easier for you to stamp your own authority and vision into it without comparisons, and it will avoid people assuming I'm doing it and asking me about it. The same applies in reverse, too - you don't want a bunch of people asking you how Knuckles types with boxing gloves on in Sonic 3! But it's just a suggestion, it's not like I own the word!

Not to worry, I do plan on naming my hack something other than Sonic 1 Complete. It's just the codename I have for it since that's what I intend for it to essentially be.

Right now, I'm working on putting Bridge Zone in. I'm following this tutorial on how to add "Alpha Beta Zone" first. After I do, I'll apply what I learned to make Bridge Zone along with Jungle and Sky Base Zone. As for the data select feature, my aim is to make it so that you can obtain the Chaos Emeralds on your first playthrough so that you can play through the game again without having to collect them. I also want the Chaos Emeralds to unlock Sky Base Zone the same way they do for Doomsday Zone in Sonic & Knuckles.

Also, I never noticed there was a difference between the boxes in Sonic 3's data select screen and the ones in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Maybe I'll use the Sonic 3 ones as you insist.

View PostBlackHole, on 07 March 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Go with "Sonic the Hedgehog Master Expansion". I was planning to do an expansion like this, though with all South Island levels, but you've beat me to it so I have no claims to it =P

I do intend for this to be a group project, so anyone can join in and take credit where it's due. If I never finish this project, anyone is free to take this idea for their own hacks. Besides, it's already been done, if you count Jungle Zone in Sonic 1 Plus.
This post has been edited by Machenstein: 07 March 2012 - 09:08 PM

#3198 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:34 AM

• Beast Boy Stahp
  • Project:Mighty No. 9 Universe,various hacking projects
  • Wiki edits:112
Sorry dudes, I kind of went ahead and gave Knuckles a completely different move, though I'll definitely keep your Tails' move in mind and give credit when needed. :S Anyway, I coded a new ability for Knux, dubbed as the "Slide Punch". Here's a video demonstrating it, though I might change his ability to digging sometime in the future seeing how this move is probably a bit redundant since he can Spindash. :\ And it only destroys badniks atm. Or I might expand upon this, who knows? :v: Anyway here's the video:

I know it uses his end of act animation, but I suck at pixel art. :v: Also I'm thinking about naming my hack S3K Extra Edition. ^_^ Next I'll probably start working on coding Tails' ability, though I should probably work on the HUD and Title Screen. :v:

#3199 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:42 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
What about his punching sprite after you fight him in Hidden Palace? (when he opens the wall for Sonic) That might look better.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 09 March 2012 - 01:51 AM

#3200 User is online Aerosol 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

• FML and FU2
  • Project:Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
No. Don't even change that animation. It is wonderful.

#3201 User is offline dsrb 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:13 AM

• Wiki edits:196
The animation isn't terrible, but he needs to move slower and less far.

#3202 User is offline Sonic Warrior TJ 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

• Who is this Maria?
  • Wiki edits:21
What if he only went as far as the first punch carries him upon one button press, and pressing the button a second time with the right timing would activate the second punch, and a second boost/slide?

#3203 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak

View PostRavenfreak, on 09 March 2012 - 01:34 AM, said:

Sorry dudes, I kind of went ahead and gave Knuckles a completely different move, though I'll definitely keep your Tails' move in mind and give credit when needed. :S Anyway, I coded a new ability for Knux, dubbed as the "Slide Punch". Here's a video demonstrating it, though I might change his ability to digging sometime in the future seeing how this move is probably a bit redundant since he can Spindash. :\ And it only destroys badniks atm. Or I might expand upon this, who knows? :v: Anyway here's the video:

I know it uses his end of act animation, but I suck at pixel art. :v: Also I'm thinking about naming my hack S3K Extra Edition. ^_^ Next I'll probably start working on coding Tails' ability, though I should probably work on the HUD and Title Screen. :v:

Doesn't he have a waiting animation you could use instead? Y'know, where after foottapping he drops into a boxing pose and punches the air? That'd seem more suitable (though less amusing).

#3204 User is offline Jimmy Hedgehog 

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

• Project:RAoSTH (Sprite Comic), Sawnik (Still need a better name)
  • Wiki edits:2
Posting here because progress will be way too slow for it's own topic to be unlocked. Started working on Sawnik again, got Wall Jump (Thanks to Mercury, and E-122-Psi for the majority of the HiveBrain conversion), Double Jump (thanks to PsychoSk8r) and some other features/things to be mentioned later (with help from Selbi, MarkeyJester and various others).

Just screenshots from my signature and such for now, not done much other than messed around with GHZ1, as I've not had much time...may make a video soon but it's getting it in a way that YouTube won't balls up the quality of (it uploaded one of my videos as HQ a couple years back, and others at a real bad quality...despite both recorded with Fusion. Any recommendations?).

Anyway, yeah, screens, but first of all credit to Rathe for the Sonic sprites used, edited, and used a base to edit Sonic 3 sprites into the same style

Posted Image
Title Screen (credit to those who worked on This Sheet for the big Sonic sprite, which was edited to give it a second hand position)

Posted Image
Showing the Title Card incase people didn't see it from ages ago (DNXDelta did the SA2 style "oval" :) ). Also the common thing in all the screenshots, the HUD and Life icon.

Posted Image
The many times seen Adventure style item boxes, along with Brawl-like spring and springing animation.

Posted Image
With a Brawl-style falling animation too (four sprites, one in each diagonal direction)

Posted Image
Random Wall Jump screenshot, also showing the lampost sprite and the Speed Shoes monitor sprite.

Posted Image
Another area with the lampost, also showing one of Sonic's running sprites (edited from Sonic 3's and given S2Beta style running legs), but unlike how I had it before, his head/arms aren't completely stiff when moving.

Posted Image
And this is just to show the Sonic side of the end sign, made by FeliciaVal (which we both tweaked to get it looking just right)

More to come as it comes I suppose :v:

#3205 User is offline SonicVaan 

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

• The probably one and only cybergoth in this community. '_'
  • Project:Betatesting, Various hacking projects, programming synthesizers, music production
  • Wiki edits:52

View PostJimmy Hedgehog, on 16 March 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Posted Image

Just saying, you have to use the non-shaded unbreakable walls on the left side, because basically the sun is on the left, unless I'm wrong there. =P

EDIT: And as I can see, they are a few pixels off also.
This post has been edited by SonicVaan: 17 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

#3206 User is offline Jimmy Hedgehog 

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

• Project:RAoSTH (Sprite Comic), Sawnik (Still need a better name)
  • Wiki edits:2
I just noticed the pixel alignment being off, and yeah I was a bit unsure about the shade too, so I'll change that next time I work on it, thanks :)

#3207 User is offline DeoxysKyogre 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

http://sonicresearch...indpost&p=31220

Just what says in that post. Enjoy the little effect I did. Moreover, I will post a video of a level soon.

#3208 User is offline Knucklez 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostDeoxysKyogre, on 18 March 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

http://sonicresearch...indpost&p=31220

Just what says in that post. Enjoy the little effect I did. Moreover, I will post a video of a level soon.
That's actually a pretty cool foreground scrolling effect to see and should be used more often throughout hacks cause it just adds to the scenery and makes levels seem less dull. The only other ones I've seen use this effect was AIZ in Sonic 3 and ARZ in Sonic 2. What caught my eye more was the background, cause it seems like it fits the level better than the original GHZ background.

#3209 User is offline pablodrago 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

I will post this here, because I think a topic for this is useless, so enjoy:

Posted Image
Posted Image

is GHZ for SADX completely in 2D, that classic Sonic is over Tails the only thing he can do is jump, run and spin roll

#3210 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

• Fresh coat of paint
  • Wiki edits:10
Have you considered making the models more generations like? Classic Sonic, motobug, and buzzbomber all have generations equivalents.

Shame there's not much you can do about the blurry background though. Damn you SADX

• 271 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users