Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic and the Secret Rings prototype disc - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Loading News Feed...

Sonic and the Secret Rings prototype disc

#31 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

View PostQjimbo, on Apr 1 2008, 08:06 PM, said:

I don't get why Shade is a dumbass for accusing a prototype of being an April Fool, seems like a fair assumption to me, though you guys are way too uptight for me to want to get involved in this.

It's fair if you don't have the facts. But he does!

That's kinda sorta the problem here. This is nothing new outside of #protos.

#32 User is offline muteKi 

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:08 PM

• Fuck it
  • Wiki edits:91
Yep. I'm suspicious of everything today.

I expect everything I click to be a rickroll or an improperly functioning site.

#33 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:09 PM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community

View PostQjimbo, on Apr 1 2008, 05:06 PM, said:

I don't get why Shade is a dumbass for accusing a prototype of being an April Fool, seems like a fair assumption to me, though you guys are way too uptight for me to want to get involved in this.

I can't completely rule out a joke by drx either. But, by the same token, a joke where he reveals a prototype and nothing about it seems kind of odd to me. It's more reasonable to assume he's telling the truth rather than not telling the truth, in this instance.

#34 User is offline Shade 

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

• Wiki edits:137
At this point, I'm willing to accept this is all genuine, but damn. Posting about a disc you just so happen to not be able to play, dump, or peruse, on April 1st.

Really :P

You'll forgive me for pointing out a couple contradictions? I don't think skepticism was entirely uncalled for.
This post has been edited by ACTION SHADE: 01 April 2008 - 07:13 PM

#35 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

• Wiki edits:4

View PostTweaker, on Apr 1 2008, 07:08 PM, said:

Which is exactly why people shouldn't have been upset with people calling it an april fools joke. Not everyone listens to every bit of info on #protos, if it had been made clear in the first place maybe people would have been more accepting.

#36 User is offline Tweaker 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:43 AM

View PostSkaarg, on Apr 2 2008, 01:48 AM, said:

Which is exactly why people shouldn't have been upset with people calling it an april fools joke. Not everyone listens to every bit of info on #protos, if it had been made clear in the first place maybe people would have been more accepting.

Uh... how was it not made clear? I see absolutely nothing to suggest this is false other than the fact that you're all paranoid that you're gonna be pranked on some mediocre excuse for a holiday. And especially when me, among others who actually knew what was going on SAID it was real multiple times, you should have trusted us. There was no argument.

#37 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:09 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
But isn't the whole idea behind april fools to have trusted sources giving out bogus information? =P

#38 User is offline P.P.A. 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:24 AM

• SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER
  • Project:Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
  • Wiki edits:21
It's already the 2nd of April, I doubt anyone would still make fools today.

#39 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
Oh yeah, it is real, I'm more arguing against people saying that we should trust everyone on April 1st. I just think it's good to preserve healthy skeptisism =P

#40 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

View PostTweaker, on Apr 2 2008, 05:43 AM, said:

View PostSkaarg, on Apr 2 2008, 01:48 AM, said:

Uh... how was it not made clear? I see absolutely nothing to suggest this is false other than the fact that you're all paranoid that you're gonna be pranked on some mediocre excuse for a holiday. And especially when me, among others who actually knew what was going on SAID it was real multiple times, you should have trusted us. There was no argument.

For a while there was nothing to suggest the Xtreme prank a while back wasn't real until people started to take a closer look at the download. This time we had a prototype game that couldn't be played or dumped. You can't blame people for being skeptical. Just because you want to be a whiny about in your opinion a mediocre holiday, and think everything should still be "serious business" doesn't mean other people will still remain skeptical of it. We all know it's for sure real now though so really it doesn't matter too much.

#41 User is offline Dominus Draconis 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

I think the real question is: what good is a prototype that cannot be played, copied, dumped, or released?

#42 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

View PostDominus Draconis, on Apr 2 2008, 09:42 AM, said:

I think the real question is: what good is a prototype that cannot be played, copied, dumped, or released?

It's nice to have if your hobby is collecting rare or prototype games which is what drx enjoys to do. Some people would probably ask why the heck do I own some jap Super Famicom, and why don't I just get the SNES english versions, and the answer is because that's what I like to collect.

#43 User is offline Lobotomy 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

• Mesonoxian for no reason other than that it's easier to wake up whenever.
  • Project:Fixing Generations FOREVER, Project: In Silico, Unleashed PC Beautification.
  • Wiki edits:94
Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games was announced around April Fools. But that's not the point.

Are there any Wii Dev Kits on the black market nowadays? If you can get your hands on one, you could make a build of the disc and ask The Pirate Bay or something how to dump it.
This post has been edited by Ashura the Hedgehog: 02 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

#44 User is offline Jayextee 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:20 AM

• Comic Mischief
  • Project:Who knows? Toss a coin, will ya?
  • Wiki edits:27

View PostDominus Draconis, on Apr 2 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

Am I the only person who sees the futility in asking this question? To me the answer is simple; hold on to the thing until it can be dumped. Much better this than try to track it down in five or ten years time I would think.

#45 User is offline Dominus Draconis 

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

View PostSkaarg, on Apr 2 2008, 10:48 AM, said:

View PostDominus Draconis, on Apr 2 2008, 09:42 AM, said:

It's nice to have if your hobby is collecting rare or prototype games which is what drx enjoys to do. Some people would probably ask why the heck do I own some jap Super Famicom, and why don't I just get the SNES english versions, and the answer is because that's what I like to collect.

that is different, also, raises the question how he verified that this disc was not a scam against him if no one but the previous owner can access it, though, the answer is probably he was shown it in action by the previous owner :P

• 4 Pages +
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users