Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Retro-bit announce new/official Sega controllers Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast

#76 User is online rata 

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:40 PM

• Project:Trying to be useful somehow.
A MD controller with L and R button, that's exactly why I want so bad a Saturn pad. I mean, it is basically the same but with the extra button (you can take R shoulder as Mode).

Damn it, I really need one of those black USB Saturn pad. Sad that they didn't make solid gray, because that would have been a good option too.

EDIT: that dualstick genesis pad doesn't look too bad, except for the fucking start button at the left. Were UK pads like that o am I missing something? All pads I had had either Start on the middle and Mode on the right shoulder, or Mode and Start at the middle, with Mode being the left one.
This post has been edited by rata: 30 August 2018 - 01:43 PM

#77 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:48 PM

• Wiki edits:18

View Postrata, on 30 August 2018 - 01:40 PM, said:

EDIT: that dualstick genesis pad doesn't look too bad, except for the fucking start button at the left. Were UK pads like that o am I missing something? All pads I had had either Start on the middle and Mode on the right shoulder, or Mode and Start at the middle, with Mode being the left one.
I think the TecToy Mega Drive controllers were the only official ones with Mode in the middle.

#78 User is offline Turbohog 

Posted 30 August 2018 - 03:06 PM

• Wiki edits:22

View PostLordOfSquad, on 30 August 2018 - 10:57 AM, said:

I dunno, seems it'd be comfy and unobtrusive enough from these here pictures. It's like a fusion of the Genesis pad and the kiboshed boomerang PS3 controller, which was apparently way comfier than it looked. Interesting that we're getting four shoulder buttons AND six face buttons, that'll be handy for game-specific macros when using it on Steam. They're clearly not going for authenticity on the bluetooth pads, more of a "what-if" sort of deal and I'm all for it. I've been dreaming of a modern pad with six face buttons for like a decade and to my knowledge no one's tried to deliver on that until now (beyond The Duke, which is... The Duke lmao).

i am going to chokeslam someone if these don't turn out good, seriously

Thanks for the pictures. It looks obtrusive to me still, but maybe it will feel okay. This has me wondering what they'll do with the dreamcast controllers (if they ever release them). I'm left to assume they'll add another thumbstick to them as well. No idea where they'll put it though.

#79 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 30 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

• Wiki edits:18
It looks like the thumb is going to touch the right analog's base when pressing the A button.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 30 August 2018 - 06:09 PM

#80 User is online Tets 

Posted 31 August 2018 - 07:16 PM

• one rude dude
I too have been dreaming of a dual analog gamepad with six face buttons. The last one I owned was a Logitech Wingman Rumblepad over a decade ago.

The dual analogs do look pretty crowded in there compared to the SN/SF30 Pro, which takes a similar approach to modernizing a 16-bit era controller. Staying cautiously optimistic though. Please let this be good, I could really use a wireless six button pad!

#81 User is offline doc eggfan 

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

• bona fide games journalist
  • Project:GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  • Wiki edits:2
Any news if the saturn twinsticks will be compatible with Virtual On?

• 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users