Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
    Locked
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#991 User is offline Boxer Hockey 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:29 PM

  • Posts: 116
  • Joined: 07-November 11
These are a really cute idea. I wish they made a just a set of everyone tucked into their spin form, tbh.

#992 User is offline Ayu Tsukimiya 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:33 PM

  • UGUU~
  • Posts: 479
  • Joined: 26-April 10
  • Gender:Male

View PostPengi, on 17 February 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Jakks Pacific has acquired the Sonic toy licence and has been showing off upcoming products at New York Toy Fair.

https://twitter.com/...171489290403841

Posted Image

Have Mighty or Ray ever received merchandise before? If not, I might have to buy them out of necessity.

#993 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:41 PM

  • Posts: 524
  • Joined: 11-July 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

View PostAyu Tsukimiya, on 17 February 2019 - 10:33 PM, said:

View PostPengi, on 17 February 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Jakks Pacific has acquired the Sonic toy licence and has been showing off upcoming products at New York Toy Fair.

https://twitter.com/...171489290403841

Posted Image

Have Mighty or Ray ever received merchandise before? If not, I might have to buy them out of necessity.


I think the first piece of merchandise they received was the SegaSonic Arcade puzzle can back in the 90s.

Recently they had pins, clothes, and were featured in mouse pads and posters along with the rest of the Mania crew. But this is the first time they received figures.

#994 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

  • match up tails to the cards
  • Posts: 4691
  • Joined: 27-December 03
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northumberland, England
  • Project:you just can't catch 'em, wiggly worms
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Oh dear.

https://sonicthehedg...les.weebly.com/


One person does the job better than all of us combined. For now, at least.

#995 User is offline Frozen 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 27-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy, Rome
  • Project:https://sonicworldcollectors.wordpress.com/ cover database
Anytime I'm watching those topics, I'm feeling more and more the only one in the world that still collecting videogames. Sonic brand became a "memorabilia collection" only, making complete loss of interest for videogames related to the blue hedgehog and give just right value to those people that have 2x3cm toys. Anytime i do watch my Press Sonic rush adventure, my Australian Sonic advance limited or those special packs that is neither listed in sonic retro wikia, I'm feeling to just have wasted time, money and having nothing special to collecting and showing. Of course, is not because this topic, im talking in general, even on many facebook groups, people ignoring rare videogame posts, for "fapping" over common loot crate statues or any other similar collectable. What you guys thinking about this?

#996 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 02:38 PM

  • Posts: 524
  • Joined: 11-July 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

View PostFrozen, on 04 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Anytime I'm watching those topics, I'm feeling more and more the only one in the world that still collecting videogames. Sonic brand became a "memorabilia collection" only, making complete loss of interest for videogames related to the blue hedgehog and give just right value to those people that have 2x3cm toys. Anytime i do watch my Press Sonic rush adventure, my Australian Sonic advance limited or those special packs that is neither listed in sonic retro wikia, I'm feeling to just have wasted time, money and having nothing special to collecting and showing. Of course, is not because this topic, im talking in general, even on many facebook groups, people ignoring rare videogame posts, for "fapping" over common loot crate statues or any other similar collectable. What you guys thinking about this?


I don't mind it if we're being honest. I think every big franchise as big as Sonic has to expand its merchandise beyond its original medium.

There's also the psychology of people wanting stuff. People think, "why should I care about the Australian Sonic Advance limited pack when I already have Sonic Advance, and the OVA in VHS and DVD?"

Meanwhile that Lootcrate figure is a limited one month only piece of merchandise that not a lot of people are going to have. And most importantly, there's not a normal/mass produce variant available that anyone can just get.

Even some of the most sought after video games variants that people want usually come with something other than the video game.

The Sonic Anniversary pack comes with the 20th anniversary mouse and pad, the Sonic Classic Collection set comes with the figure and small prints, the Sonic Generations CE that comes with the statues and some stuff from the press kit etc etc. Everyone is looking for Earthbound in mint condition along with the guide, or the Nights dreampack/Nights into Dreams pack with the 3D control pad. You get my point.

I think rare video games posts are cool, and you should keep collecting as long as you being responsible about it. While there's always the element of showing off in the world of collecting, I think at the end of the day as long as you're happy and satisfied then it's all good.

#997 User is offline Frozen 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:09 PM

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 27-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy, Rome
  • Project:https://sonicworldcollectors.wordpress.com/ cover database

View PostCasshern, on 04 March 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostFrozen, on 04 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Anytime I'm watching those topics, I'm feeling more and more the only one in the world that still collecting videogames. Sonic brand became a "memorabilia collection" only, making complete loss of interest for videogames related to the blue hedgehog and give just right value to those people that have 2x3cm toys. Anytime i do watch my Press Sonic rush adventure, my Australian Sonic advance limited or those special packs that is neither listed in sonic retro wikia, I'm feeling to just have wasted time, money and having nothing special to collecting and showing. Of course, is not because this topic, im talking in general, even on many facebook groups, people ignoring rare videogame posts, for "fapping" over common loot crate statues or any other similar collectable. What you guys thinking about this?


I don't mind it if we're being honest. I think every big franchise as big as Sonic has to expand its merchandise beyond its original medium.

There's also the psychology of people wanting stuff. People think, "why should I care about the Australian Sonic Advance limited pack when I already have Sonic Advance, and the OVA in VHS and DVD?"

Meanwhile that Lootcrate figure is a limited one month only piece of merchandise that not a lot of people are going to have. And most importantly, there's not a normal/mass produce variant available that anyone can just get.

Even some of the most sought after video games variants that people want usually come with something other than the video game.

The Sonic Anniversary pack comes with the 20th anniversary mouse and pad, the Sonic Classic Collection set comes with the figure and small prints, the Sonic Generations CE that comes with the statues and some stuff from the press kit etc etc. Everyone is looking for Earthbound in mint condition along with the guide, or the Nights dreampack/Nights into Dreams pack with the 3D control pad. You get my point.

I think rare video games posts are cool, and you should keep collecting as long as you being responsible about it. While there's always the element of showing off in the world of collecting, I think at the end of the day as long as you're happy and satisfied then it's all good.


I'm satisfy enough with this post. Thanks pal!
Just 1 thing does not convince me:

Quote

People think, "why should I care about the Australian Sonic Advance limited pack when I already have Sonic Advance, and the OVA in VHS and DVD?"

I can say " why i should buy another figure/plush almost identical to the other when i have already the figure/plush?"

that's my point. If a sonic advance australian pack is just "buying again stuff that i got already" doesn't sound good, why buy "a cool figure similar to my other 100" is different then?

#998 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:48 PM

  • Posts: 524
  • Joined: 11-July 12
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arizona

View PostFrozen, on 04 March 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

View PostCasshern, on 04 March 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

View PostFrozen, on 04 March 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Anytime I'm watching those topics, I'm feeling more and more the only one in the world that still collecting videogames. Sonic brand became a "memorabilia collection" only, making complete loss of interest for videogames related to the blue hedgehog and give just right value to those people that have 2x3cm toys. Anytime i do watch my Press Sonic rush adventure, my Australian Sonic advance limited or those special packs that is neither listed in sonic retro wikia, I'm feeling to just have wasted time, money and having nothing special to collecting and showing. Of course, is not because this topic, im talking in general, even on many facebook groups, people ignoring rare videogame posts, for "fapping" over common loot crate statues or any other similar collectable. What you guys thinking about this?


I don't mind it if we're being honest. I think every big franchise as big as Sonic has to expand its merchandise beyond its original medium.

There's also the psychology of people wanting stuff. People think, "why should I care about the Australian Sonic Advance limited pack when I already have Sonic Advance, and the OVA in VHS and DVD?"

Meanwhile that Lootcrate figure is a limited one month only piece of merchandise that not a lot of people are going to have. And most importantly, there's not a normal/mass produce variant available that anyone can just get.

Even some of the most sought after video games variants that people want usually come with something other than the video game.

The Sonic Anniversary pack comes with the 20th anniversary mouse and pad, the Sonic Classic Collection set comes with the figure and small prints, the Sonic Generations CE that comes with the statues and some stuff from the press kit etc etc. Everyone is looking for Earthbound in mint condition along with the guide, or the Nights dreampack/Nights into Dreams pack with the 3D control pad. You get my point.

I think rare video games posts are cool, and you should keep collecting as long as you being responsible about it. While there's always the element of showing off in the world of collecting, I think at the end of the day as long as you're happy and satisfied then it's all good.


I'm satisfy enough with this post. Thanks pal!
Just 1 thing does not convince me:

Quote

People think, "why should I care about the Australian Sonic Advance limited pack when I already have Sonic Advance, and the OVA in VHS and DVD?"

I can say " why i should buy another figure/plush almost identical to the other when i have already the figure/plush?"

that's my point. If a sonic advance australian pack is just "buying again stuff that i got already" doesn't sound good, why buy "a cool figure similar to my other 100" is different then?



I think that just comes down to what your preference is. I collect a lot of Sonic merch but I skip a lot of stuff because it's something similar that I already have. Figures are a good example and that's why I skipped a lot of the Tomy figures because I had the same thing from Jazwares. But then you'll have someone that really wants both. Or none at all.

Money might be also be an issue. Honestly I would like to have every Sonic game variant out there, but do I want to buy a rare Sonic 1 Master System variant from Brazil that cost more than $100 or the Sonic Mania Plus physical edition? I only have money for one and I really want that Mania artbook because I like artbooks so I get that.

On the other hand someone might buy that Master System variant because they see more value in it and know that the Mania Plus physical copy is going to be available for years to come.

So again, it really comes down to whatever catches your eye more.

#999 User is offline Frozen 

Posted 04 March 2019 - 05:54 PM

  • Posts: 21
  • Joined: 27-June 11
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Italy, Rome
  • Project:https://sonicworldcollectors.wordpress.com/ cover database
Pretty sad, but terrible true in same time. Well it's all about preference.

  • 67 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users