QUOTE (Blue Blood @ Nov 24 2010, 04:54 PM)
Unconfident in their physic engine? Not sure that's the right word. A lot of things in Colours are scripted. Go to Aquarium Park, head underwater and jump/swim out of it very slowly. As soon as he reaches the top, Sonic will rocket about 20 feet into the air. There's also an awful lot of scripted paths that you might not realise unless you let go of the controller. The reason for a lot of the speed boosters is stupid design. There're tiny paths with a huge upwards-slope or loop in the way before Sonic gets a chance to build up his speed up. What's the point? He can handle them just fine if he's going fast enough.
You're right, and I mentioned this before. A TON of stuff in sonic colors is scripted, and worst of all, after these sections, they'll often place an invisible wall so you can't go back.
Some examples are:
- Every loop in the gameland stages are scripted, you can't jump over the speed booster even
- Every 2D to 3D transition in gameland, where you run around a curved area or ground loop thing is scripted (you can't go back through it)
- The speed booster leading into the thing that chases you in Aquarium act part 4 is scripted, it is impossible to jump over
- Those teacup things you move around in tropical resort act 2 (to be fair, you can go back around these, but you'll be automatically forced back forward if you do)
- The hamburgers you go inside of in sweet mountain (Same thing as above)
- The ice cream spiral in sweet mountain act 3
- The rail at the end of sweet mountain act 2 (you can't boost)
- The opening of Starlight carnival act 1, 6, and I think 4 or something like that.
- The opening of planet wisp act 6
- The opening of planet wisp act 3 (that's a short one though)
And that's all I can think of off the top of my head. There are many, many others though, if you just actually TRY pressing buttons during certain parts.