Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Yakuza General - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Jump to content

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
    Locked
    Locked Forum

Yakuza General 0, Kiwami, and 6 all coming west

#76 User is offline mentski 

Posted 23 March 2018 - 07:54 AM

  • Pfff.
  • Posts: 112
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Project:Being a mysterious face.

View PostJaxTH, on 19 March 2018 - 12:33 AM, said:

I personally want a Kiwami 3 then a 4 & 5 collection. 3 needs a remake as well I believe.


3, 4, and 5 all run on the same engine (The same one used in Zero and Kiwami 1). I think it's more likely we'll see a 3/4/5 port bundle similar to 1&2 HD Edition.

Although 3 almost certainly needs all it's removed content added back in for the west. And a new translation to make it consistent with the later releases and clear up the Fuma/Kazama naming issues.
This post has been edited by mentski: 23 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

#77 User is offline witapepsi 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:32 AM

  • Meseta Stealer
  • Posts: 14
  • Joined: 28-May 17
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Pumpkin Hill, IL
  • Project:Just discovering!

View Postmentski, on 23 March 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

3, 4, and 5 all run on the same engine

Actually, Kenzan, 3, and 4 share the same engine. While 5, Ishin, Zero, Kiwami, and Hokuto Ga Gotoku share the same engine.
4 and 5 do look very similar, but it's mostly the direction of the cutscenes. It's pretty interesting stuff! I'm not sure if the different engines have names, besides the Dragon Engine, which is currently for the PS4 only games.

#78 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 17 April 2018 - 03:47 PM

  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Posts: 11419
  • Joined: 09-July 08
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Twitter
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Sega put out a survey about Yakuza 6 for those who have played the game: http://yakuza.sega.c...SSchL1vnH8FPls/

At the end it asks if you would buy the Fist of the North Star Yakuza game if it was localized.

#79 User is offline mentski 

Posted 18 April 2018 - 12:02 PM

  • Pfff.
  • Posts: 112
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Project:Being a mysterious face.

View PostTimmiT, on 17 April 2018 - 03:47 PM, said:

Sega put out a survey about Yakuza 6 for those who have played the game: http://yakuza.sega.c...SSchL1vnH8FPls/

At the end it asks if you would buy the Fist of the North Star Yakuza game if it was localized.


Some sites considering this survey an all-but-confirmation that we'll get a Hokuto translation, despite the fact exactly the same question was asked in the survey they released just after the announcement of the game last year,

I think it'll happen, I hope it'll happen, but I bought it last month, anyway, and if it does come out in English next year... sure, I'll double dip.

#80 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 19 April 2018 - 07:04 PM

  • つづく
  • Posts: 4040
  • Joined: 14-March 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Unknown
  • Project:Diva
  • Wiki edits:6

View Postwitapepsi, on 17 April 2018 - 03:32 AM, said:

View Postmentski, on 23 March 2018 - 07:54 AM, said:

3, 4, and 5 all run on the same engine

Actually, Kenzan, 3, and 4 share the same engine. While 5, Ishin, Zero, Kiwami, and Hokuto Ga Gotoku share the same engine.
4 and 5 do look very similar, but it's mostly the direction of the cutscenes. It's pretty interesting stuff! I'm not sure if the different engines have names, besides the Dragon Engine, which is currently for the PS4 only games.

Hokuto Ga Gotoku runs on 5's engine? Really? I'm definitely surprised to hear that since it was announced late enough to where I would have thought it would use 6's like Kiwami 2.

  • 6 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
    Locked
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users