Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Speedruns - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Sonic Speedruns

#1 User is offline lotzi 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:24 AM

I've been into the speedrunning community for over 10 years, but I've never got into the Sonic speedrun community. Does anyone know of any speedrunners to watch for any of the 2D games? I was hoping to see some people run Mania, but I haven't found that many consistent runners. Any recommendations would be great.

#2 User is offline UpCDownCLeftCRightC 

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

I don't think Mania speedruns have really taken off yet, since the game is less than 2 months old.

Werster and his brother Mike89 are pretty good. Mike still runs the game from time to time in various ways. I'm pretty sure there's a few here who do at least casually.

speedrun.com
This post has been edited by UpCDownCLeftCRightC: 10 October 2017 - 08:29 AM

#3 User is offline flamewing 

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:39 AM

• Emerald Hunter
  • Project:Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
  • Wiki edits:12
In addition to Western and Mike89, I will add HDL, TimpZ, TeeNTee, and FlyingFox (for the classics), and DarkSpineSonic for the modern games. There are likely a lot of people I am forgetting, but looking through speedrun.com can lead you to them.

#4 User is offline WAC 

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:50 AM

• Don't self-hate.
  • Project:???
  • Wiki edits:2
Why is basically every Sega Genesis except this game relatively unpopular to speed run? This list is depressing. Though according to the same site, Sonic Mania already has 192 players, so there's hope for that game's speed running community at least. Kind of baffled why Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are by far the most popular Sonic games to speed run considering their pacing issues.

#5 User is offline UpCDownCLeftCRightC 

Posted 11 October 2017 - 02:56 PM

SA1 and SA2 have a ton of glitches to exploit, some of which add fun to a game that is pretty unstable during normal play.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users