Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge. - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 402 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge. The stuff that simply has no other home.

#5701 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:49 AM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
Surprised no one posted this here but.... seems that Yuji Naka found an old VHS with some making of Sonic 1 footage. He seems pretty excited but people doesnt seem to care?

https://twitter.com/...978630209654785

#5702 User is offline Friend of Sonic 

Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

• ^ My only lasting impact to the Sonic community
I hope he posts it! I mean, a clip from 1990... That could be an interesting clip indeed

#5703 User is offline Windii 

Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
I think half of the reason people "don't seem to care" about it is that there's a good chance we're not gonna see that clip for a good while. I'd really like to be proven wrong, but you know how it is.

On another note, I decided to translate the character profiles from the March 2006 Sonic 06 doc today. I know the doc already has English versions of those profiles, but I found that a lot of them skimmed over a few things, such as Blaze having a Takarazuka-like costume in particular. Mephiles's English profile was also messed up big time, which is probably the fault of a hasty translation. I should probably mention that these profiles can and will differ slightly from the profiles listed in the strategy guides, Sonic Channel, or, say, Shadow's profile in an excerpt Maekawa posted on Twitter a while back.

Also, now's a good time to bring up that while Eggman's Japanese profile does have the word "feminist," it's important to know that the word usually means "one who indulges women" in Japanese rather than what you'd normally think a feminist is. So that one Heroes manual was correct about Eggman being a feminist all along. Just not the kind we all thought he was.

#5704 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

• It's sometimes the real thing™
  • Project:New Coke wasn't sold in the UK
  • Wiki edits:20,569

Kids can you write this stuff down on our wiki - I just don't have the time to maintain everything myself, and Mr. Burton has put out loads of wonderful things over the last few months.

#5705 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 21 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

• Project:Working on my art!
  • Wiki edits:10
Lol he had to change the thumbnail after people got pissed off at his use of ugandan Knuckles :v:

#5706 User is offline Neo 

Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

• Clackerjack
  • Project:Sonic 3 Unlocked
  • Wiki edits:1
Which he changed to the Sonic R box art with added googly eyes, and then later to... Yasuhara's original level map for Regal Ruin???

I mean, that's definitely his handwriting, and the game does credit him for level design, but I never put two and two together and realized there'd be hand-drawn level maps floating around somewhere, much like we've seen for Sonic X-Treme.

We should uh, make it a point to acquire those.
This post has been edited by Neo: 22 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

#5707 User is offline Windii 

Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
Today I finally got around to making my own translation of the 2006 Shiro Maekawa interview, as the one that's currently floating around the Internet isn't really that great. This is probably not the only interview from the Creators Interview section I'll work on, because I want to see what Uekawa has to say.

Speaking of more Maekawa stuff, apparently he and some other peeps are going to appear on Emi Jones's 27th anni stream which will be on her YouTube channel and you will get to ask him questions. If you ever wanted to ask him something, now would be a good time.

#5708 User is offline big smile 

Posted 23 June 2018 - 05:11 AM

Excellent work as always Windii! Really enjoyed reading that. :)

#5709 User is offline Windii 

Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
Well, Emi Jones's interview with Maekawa had just ended on her stream, and he gave a lot of interesting answers. I'll list out some of the more fascinating info we learned from them:
Spoiler

This post has been edited by Windii: 24 June 2018 - 05:06 AM

#5710 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:17 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash
Okay, for some reason I got a security warning from my browser (Chrome) when I tried to visit this page? Something about a "r.a.p.t.r.c.o.m" (added periods to avoid directly stating the site in question if it is indeed dangerous) and that site/this page being a phishing site that can steal your information? Anyone else received this?
This post has been edited by Yeow: 23 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

#5711 User is offline Windii 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:08 AM

• 朴念仁のエッグマン
Strange. Nothing shows up for me, and I'm using Chrome.

Also, I just edited the Sonic X part in my post about Maekawa's answers yesterday. When he was talking about having more involvement in season 2, he meant the Metarex arc. He didn't know it was considered season 3 outside Japan.
This post has been edited by Windii: 24 June 2018 - 05:10 AM

#5712 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:12 AM

• It's sometimes the real thing™
  • Project:New Coke wasn't sold in the UK
  • Wiki edits:20,569
Posted Image

Any ideas?

#5713 User is offline JaxTH 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 08:56 AM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2

View PostWindii, on 24 June 2018 - 05:08 AM, said:

He didn't know it was considered season 3 outside Japan.

I don't know why this was done either, and then when Funimation did box sets they ended up with five seasons.

#5714 User is offline Neowl 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

• feels good man
  • Project:SAIL HATAN

View PostYeow, on 23 June 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

Okay, for some reason I got a security warning from my browser (Chrome) when I tried to visit this page? Something about a "r.a.p.t.r.c.o.m" (added periods to avoid directly stating the site in question if it is indeed dangerous) and that site/this page being a phishing site that can steal your information? Anyone else received this?

I'm getting it too. Running Chrome here.

It might have something to do with ashthedragon's signature, as that seems to link to the site on the security warning page.

#5715 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204

View PostBlack Squirrel, on 24 June 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Posted Image

Any ideas?

This is probably a stupidly obvious suggestion, but included with MSi PCs in Japan? Sonic CD was included with some in the West, after all.

• 402 Pages +
  • ◄ First
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users