Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Mania Adventures - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 21 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Mania Adventures Final episode releasing on the 17th of July

#31 User is offline RikohZX 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 06:18 PM

I just love how petty Sonic and Eggman can be with eachother when they have the slap fight.

#32 User is offline Ayu Tsukimiya 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 07:54 PM

• UGUU~
The best part was either the slap fight or Sonic getting carried away by flickies.

#33 User is offline Aquova 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 09:42 PM

• Professional nerd in training
That was really good, I'm really excited to see the other entries!

#34 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:19 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
  • Wiki edits:5
The music when we first see the flicky in peril changed. It's shortened compared to the trailer. The sound before sonic blasts off is different too. Yes, I went there. #beta

Edit: I also want to hear the full version of the more “brassy” Mania Act Clear, uninterrupted!

I love this series and i hope they continue with this! All is forgiven for canceling Sonic 4 ep 3. It's closer to modern Sonic than Mania Sonic anyway. Mania Adventures seems to be a proper replacement for Sonic 4 in the Mania universe. The Eggman head on a spring is a direct callback to Heroes as well.
This post has been edited by XCubed: 30 March 2018 - 10:24 PM

#35 User is offline JaredAFX 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:47 PM

• SonicManEXE
  • Project:Downloading megahertz
Spoiler

I don't think I can say anything else that hasn't already been said. Very cute, animation is great, the personalities of Sonic and Eggman are very much appreciated. I look forward to seeing the story they put together with no words.

#36 User is offline High Fidelity 

Posted 30 March 2018 - 11:20 PM

Ha that was so good. Well done to those involved! Charming, funny and looked great. Looking forward to the next one.

#37 User is offline Supakitsune 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:29 AM

• It's TECHNOSTASY, SINCE 1987
  • Wiki edits:7
Just realized that there's no explanation for what the holes in the beginning were. Not like Eggman was digging for burrowing Flickies or something.
So there's another plot point for the coming episodes, besides Metal destroying a bunch of trees for some reason.

Anyways, this was genuinely a delight to watch and I can't wait for more.

#38 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
XD I'm hooked now! Wouldn't mind playing an actual game with hand drawn visuals like this.
This post has been edited by Andrew75: 31 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

#39 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:52 AM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostSupakitsune, on 31 March 2018 - 12:29 AM, said:

Just realized that there's no explanation for what the holes in the beginning were. Not like Eggman was digging for burrowing Flickies or something.
So there's another plot point for the coming episodes, besides Metal destroying a bunch of trees for some reason.

It's probably a reference to Knuckles popping out of the ground at the beginning of Sonic 3.

#40 User is offline dot.kh 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:29 AM

• gNaRZ!1
Another ambitious piece of work by the Mania, why not put this on the e-shop or PSN store?

Tyson's style is just very likeable. But also very inoffensive. Not a huge fan of the backgrounds though, I'd prefer it if they were a bit more 'delicate'. :) Again, Eggman turns everything upside down. I really hope the script didn't just say that 'he's arbitrarily digging holes in the ground' or something like that. Mania didn't get a proper ending after all.
This post has been edited by dot.kh: 01 April 2018 - 03:11 AM

#41 User is offline Montblanc 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:59 AM

I thought these were the Eggrobo's digging holes from extracting the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Mania's introduction (were all began). At least the music, the beach and the vegetation seems from Angel Island.

It's me or all the artwork for Mania Adventures that was shown was from this episode? Eggman laughing face, looking back with one eye visible...

#42 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 07:17 AM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN

View PostMontblanc, on 31 March 2018 - 06:59 AM, said:

I thought these were the Eggrobo's digging holes from extracting the Phantom Ruby in Sonic Mania's introduction (were all began). At least the music, the beach and the vegetation seems from Angel Island.

Probably this. We see the Ruby get pulled up in Mania but who knows how many digging attempts it took? Probably just going off a vague signal in the area..
Assuming this is still grounded Angel Island of course, at least the framing and music of the scene seems to call back to that.

#43 User is offline doc eggfan 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

• bona fide games journalist
  • Project:GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
  • Wiki edits:2
This is what we should have had over the last 25 years.
This post has been edited by doc eggfan: 31 March 2018 - 08:11 AM

#44 User is offline LukyHRE 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 06:57 PM

• The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar
  • Project:Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
  • Wiki edits:2
I watched this with my girlfriend who is totally not a gamer, and we both laughed with glee the whole episode. This is just plain awesome. I completely LOVE the whole artistic direction they took; this feels like a classic Tom and Jerry episode from the Golden Age of Animation.

I can't find a single fault with this, except its short duration. Can't wait for the next one!

#45 User is offline akirahedgehog 

Posted 31 March 2018 - 08:14 PM

So how is Metal Sonic present if he wasn't recovered till Sonic 4?

• 21 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users