Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 53 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Spoiler-free Sonic Mania discussion thread Post spoilers in here, and you'll get suspensions.

#1 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
So it's been suggested that until a good time after Mania launch (say a week or so) it'd be a good idea to have a guaranteed spoiler-free thread. So, here it is!

Here's the deal. We all know there's Mania spoilers online now. If you MUST post about them, do it in the main thread, and use spoiler tags. If you post any in here, spoiler tags or not, you will get an instant 1-week suspension at best - more, if I think you're doing it deliberately. You've been warned.

Everyone happy? Those saving themselves: go!

#2 User is offline Cooljerk 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:50 PM

• NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev
  • Wiki edits:9
Just refreshed previous topic, and bailed at precisely the right time, haha.

#3 User is online Lapper 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:54 PM

• Sonic 2 HD Artist
  • Wiki edits:111
That warning message was almost scary!
Thanks for notifying. No doubt I'll probably get them in some of my various feeds anyway.

#4 User is offline Jason 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

• *Results not lab tested.
Oh man, so now I have to give up the Internet for 5 days. YouTube will suggest every goddamn thing about Mania till there's nothing left to surprise me with.

#5 User is offline Moto Bug 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:20 PM

• Project:Becoming the world's best PM Sonic
So the spoilers have finally come out, huh. Good thing my internet is going down relatively soon since the bill didn't get paid :v:

I'll have a mobile hotspot so I can download the game when my collector's edition arrives (if it does before my Internet comes back up, that is-still no delivery date on my order :argh: )

#6 User is offline NioZero 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

• Project:Tornado Sky Fighters
  • Wiki edits:5
I bought this joystick specifically to play this game. The good news is that Tuesday i don't work because is holiday in my country (some religious festivity that i don't care really)...

Nothing can be more perfect...
This post has been edited by NioZero: 10 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

#7 User is online Laura 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:22 PM

• Brightened Eyes
Use incognito for Youtube, that's what I've been doing for the last four days. It minimises the chance of ruining anything.

Or, just go off the internet for five days. That's what I'm going to do :v: . There's loads of games you could play within that time. I've actually gone dark for the last four days, just came here to check my messages and saw that there's a Maniapocolypse xD .

Thought it would be fun to make a worried post :v:

#8 User is offline Sir_mihael 

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
I think everyone who get spoiled from here on in needs to post "OH NO" and leave the thread for good. Let's see how many people are left by the time the game launches. :v:

#9 User is offline XCubed 

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
Shit has just gotten real!

After contemplating until I worried myself sick, I've chosen not to spoil myself this time around. I spoiled myself with Sonic 4 and I won't this time. I want to experience it FRESH as I have not been able to do this since 1994....and even then I somehow ended up renting S3&K as I don't think they rented S&K separately at the time, so I saw Doomsday Zone before I was supposed to. FUCK, this is difficult!

The thing is, I also need to stay off Youtube and turn off the notifications on my phone.

This is such an exciting time, but I may even bow out of Sonic Retro completely until I've gotten or at least made my best attempt to get through the game until I get stopped by Mania's version of the Carnival Night Barrel. You know they are going to through in a tid-bit of something this frustrating...just because. I need to see if I can get through it first.

EDIT: Deleting the YouTube app was easier. I was too afraid! I'll get it back next week.....and then I realized there's FACEBOOK.
This post has been edited by XCubed: 10 August 2017 - 04:24 PM

#10 User is offline steveswede 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:27 PM

• Project:Galactic domination
  • Wiki edits:6
Thank goodness we have this thread though I do wonder what we can talk about. I suppose I can ask at bare minimum how many zones are in the game.

And yeah avoiding Youtube is gonna have to be a must, already had some shit spoiled for me that was released a few days ago.

#11 User is offline Sir_mihael 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

• DON'T TRUST THIS MAN
Any idea if rules are going to be enforced in the Sonic Retro Discord? I'm a bit afraid to step in there now as any news or leak tends to get posted pretty quick there!

#12 User is offline TheInvisibleSun 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:29 PM

• OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST
  • Project:Sonic 1 Color Contrast
I honestly wish that I even avoided all of the officially released content thus far, but I'm sure there's much more beyond what we've seen to be pleasantly surprised by. But yeah, I may also forego the internet until Tuesday, just to be sure.

#13 User is offline Yeow 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:32 PM

• Official moneylender for the Coalition of Muslim Drug Dealers
  • Project:college courses and holding crusades against anime trash
Up until I get my hands on the game I guess I'll be staying in this thread, then. I've been wanting to know stuff about the game but I can wait until it goes live on Steam.

At least, I think I can wait... :ohdear:

#14 User is offline XCubed 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:35 PM

• Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center
This is officially the SONIC MANIA BUNKER!

I've directed all Facebook traffic to go through my husband until further notice. I'm taking this seriously. I am ok with the officially released content, but the funny thing is that I'm afraid to even look for the August 14th trailer until I've played a bit of the game to avoid seeing other things pop up by accident.

This is the Sonic Community and unfortunately leaks happen and they happen big with us.

#15 User is offline 360 

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

• Daft Punk Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Ah-hah, a safe haven! Thanks Overlord! Refreshed the other thread at the exact right time, saw the spoiler apocalypse and I've never closed a tab so fast, lol.

I'll probably frequent this thread then, but I am so out of the other one. I can wait just a few more days and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
This post has been edited by 360: 10 August 2017 - 04:36 PM

• 53 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

5 User(s) are reading this topic
1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Oldbie: Neo