Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic X-Treme Found! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 19 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic X-Treme Found!

#31 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:06 AM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10
This was a lost cause from the start. Thank you for the info, mysterious benefactor, but the fact remains we'll never get a clean workable dump of Sonic X-treme. Now let's get on with our lives.

#32 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:09 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
:) but I have no life to get on with....

#33 User is offline LocalH 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:22 AM

• roxoring your soxors
  • Project:Guitar Hero II: Rhythm Games Community Edition aka Pizza Hero II: Electric Pizza
  • Wiki edits:3
Hahahah, I saw this thread from the main forum index and thought "Ho fucking way, this is fake".

Then I saw that it was started by Frank, which instantly validated its' truthfulness.

Too bad I don't have the money, or I'd buy and rip it.

#34 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69

SegaFreak_NL said:

Yeah I thought that it would be somewhere near $2-3k to be honest , before reading the thread. It's the one most wanted Sonic item there is. But after reading the thread it seemed $1000-1500 was a more likely price. Oh well. I'd say some (5 or so) die-hards should all chip in an one keep the disc. The rest gets a copy (and is prohibited to release it?)
Say.. one pays $400 and the rest $275.

We might have a chance with that, anyone willing to pay $275?

Edit Link: http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showp...24&postcount=49
This post has been edited by QJimbo: 13 September 2005 - 10:26 AM

#35 User is offline ThunderPX 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:55 PM

• Wiki edits:20
Well, it doesn't seem to be much on the outside, but it might contain interesting stuff on the inside. I'd definetely help pay if I had the money. Not to mention the fact I use euros, not dollars.

#36 User is offline StephenUK 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

• Liquor in the front, poker in the rear
  • Project:Quackshot Disassembly

.hack//zero, on Sep 13 2005, 01:49 PM, said:

StephenUK, on Sep 13 2005, 07:45 AM, said:

Even if people all put money towards it, you're gonna end up with a bit of a problem. Lets say 10 people all put money towards. How do you decide who gets to keep the original copy then? It'll only end up causing problems coz someone will never be satisfied. It'll just end up in a flamewar.

The one that pays the most money that can dump it will get it. I know I won't be able to get it. I have less then $15, and I wouldn't know how to dump it.

But then everyone who has put loads towards it, but not the most, has just basically paid for someone else to have the pleasure of the original. If anyone plans on buying it, they're insane anyway. I could buy it, but I'm not that stupid.

#37 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:10 PM

• Wiki edits:18

Rlan, on Sep 13 2005, 06:44 AM, said:

The actual song being played during the video is Palmtree Panic Zone, US version. I forget which time [past, present etc], but it's that one.

Nope. Quartz Quadrant Good Future Japanese version.

QJimbo, on Sep 13 2005, 09:59 AM, said:

Aurochs, on Sep 13 2005, 01:51 PM, said:

Four figures is insane, and I don't have any money to spare anyway. Maybe we should beg the buyer to make a dump instead. :P

Well I tried hassling on their forum but the guy deleted my post. If you PM the buyer you'd be banned, and thus never get a reply probably. Hum.

Hey guys don't do that kind of stuff thankyou.

#38 User is offline Elusive 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

• Sparkster the Rocket Knight
Whoa. If I had Paypal I'd send 100-ish into a 'pot' to purchase this. Let's get this sorted out, fast, before DigitPress and other collector bastards do.
This post has been edited by Elusive: 13 September 2005 - 01:20 PM

#39 User is offline Lostgame 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:41 PM

• 'There are feathers everywhere, but it's fine...'
  • Project:the love orchestra
  • Wiki edits:2
Oh, man. I thought this meant we would actually have a beta, from the topic title. Well, I'll just be off then, I can't afford this, and I think it's rediculous that anyone would pay $2000 for it. For crying out loud, it's not even a good demo, people. Maybe if a lot of people chipped in and the total was $800-1200, then maybe. But it would have to be a lot of people. Rika, you would probably get the original, and she would host it, or torrent it, the others would get copies, too. I don't have a saturn, but I'd like to see what's on the disc. I can see a lot of people getting really in to the technical side of it...

Anywho, that's my two cents.

#40 User is offline tooncy 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:57 PM

Holy crap! I never thought this would surface! Well, lets hope whoever buys it dumps it.

#41 User is offline TheRedEye 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:11 PM

QJimbo, I'm going to ask you again to please stop posting your preservation rants in the Assembler thread. This is twice now. You're not helping anything.

#42 User is offline Quickman 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

• Project:omg porjcet
  • Wiki edits:10
Nor are you for complaining about a valid point. It's not fair that someone should have exclusive use of something at the expense of others simply because they're wealthier/luckier/better off. Why do you think FOSS is so successful?
This post has been edited by Quick Man: 13 September 2005 - 03:17 PM

#43 User is offline Dr. D'nar 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

• I wouldn't trust me if I were you
I would give $2000 for a device that could play all video games ever played. I would give more then $2000.

I would not give $2000 for game. BOYCOT!

EDIT: read the thread.
This post has been edited by Dr. D'nar: 13 September 2005 - 03:32 PM

#44 User is offline Gamerguy 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:39 PM

• SHHHHHHH

StephenUK, on Sep 13 2005, 01:10 PM, said:

.hack//zero, on Sep 13 2005, 01:49 PM, said:

StephenUK, on Sep 13 2005, 07:45 AM, said:

Even if people all put money towards it, you're gonna end up with a bit of a problem. Lets say 10 people all put money towards. How do you decide who gets to keep the original copy then? It'll only end up causing problems coz someone will never be satisfied. It'll just end up in a flamewar.

The one that pays the most money that can dump it will get it. I know I won't be able to get it. I have less then $15, and I wouldn't know how to dump it.

But then everyone who has put loads towards it, but not the most, has just basically paid for someone else to have the pleasure of the original. If anyone plans on buying it, they're insane anyway. I could buy it, but I'm not that stupid.

If you buy it, I'll donate whatever I can just for the sake of helping you. You'd be making a huge contribution to the community. I don't give a shit about having the original copy as long as you can make its content available to us. You'd be making the biggest sacrifice, so therefore you should have complete ownership of the original.

Edit: I'm not going to put any money up front to anyone - I'd donate after the purchase has been made so that we know for sure we've got it.
This post has been edited by Gamerguy: 13 September 2005 - 03:42 PM

#45 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:59 PM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
How long will this be going for? Cause if it's long enough, even people without paypal could send payment via check or money order. One person could collect all the money and make an offer.

Or. I think the seller should sell copies of the disk, with a no dump agreement, for maybe around $100 each. Who know, he could get more money this way.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 13 September 2005 - 04:02 PM

• 19 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users