Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic X-Treme Found! - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 19 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic X-Treme Found!

#16 User is offline Ben2k9 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:50 AM

• We stand to Fight
  • Project:none at the mo

Jayenkai, on Sep 13 2005, 09:51 AM, said:

You know, it always bothered me that those screenshots looked completely different to the rest.
I remember reading somewhere that (names forgotten, don't kill me!) Head-Guy went off and pretty much coded his own completely seperate game engine. We know that's the one with the fish-eye, so maybe this was the original?
I don't know about you guys, but I'd much prefer Mr Head-guy's game!!

Not that I'm complaining, mind. It's just that from the look of it, that's nothing but a really simple looking tech-demo.

if you remember, the proper 3d style levels where for boss levels.

#17 User is offline TheRedEye 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 05:55 AM

Muffin_man, on Sep 13 2005, 02:29 AM, said:

I'm all giddy about this, through I'd be more interested in the music used (if there even is any). I'm odd like that.

A pretty nice little tune does play during it. If you give me direct download links to the supposed X-Treme music that's out there, I can tell you if it's one of them.

Word to the wise, I'm past the $2k mark on offers.

#18 User is offline StephenUK 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:21 AM

• Liquor in the front, poker in the rear
  • Project:Quackshot Disassembly
Ok I actually have more than enough money to buy this, especially if I call in the rest of the debts I'm owed. I really don't think the game is worth a 4 figure sum though. Fair enough, it may be rare, but is a game really worth that much, especially one that is incomplete. I'm gonna think about this, but at the moment, I think whoever guys this game has more money than sense. I'd need to hear an extremely good reason to pay that much for this, otherwise I won't bother. I don't wish to spend a 4 figure sum just for the sake of the community, coz I'll get nothing in return, and that's a lot of money. If it wasn't so expensive, I would do it just for the community. I'll just see how things go though.

(Just for those interested, I can call in debts and get up to 4500 (roughly $9000) coz I've built and sold PC's, but haven't received the money yet. I'm just saying this in case people don't believe me)

#19 User is offline Gamerguy 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:26 AM

• SHHHHHHH
As excited as I am to hear that you could afford it, I tend to agree. I wouldn't want to spend that much money on it either. I'll help with the cost a bit through Paypal if you get it, but I don't know how much I can contribute. =P

#20 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:38 AM

• Your friendly neighbourhood lemming.
  • Wiki edits:69
Yeah I agree +$2000 is rediculous for one person to pay just for everyone else. We all need to contribute somehow. I myself can't afford anything at the moment since I'm in my overdraft >_>

#21 User is offline Rlan 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:44 AM

The actual song being played during the video is Palmtree Panic Zone, US version. I forget which time [past, present etc], but it's that one.

#22 User is offline StephenUK 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:45 AM

• Liquor in the front, poker in the rear
  • Project:Quackshot Disassembly
Even if people all put money towards it, you're gonna end up with a bit of a problem. Lets say 10 people all put money towards. How do you decide who gets to keep the original copy then? It'll only end up causing problems coz someone will never be satisfied. It'll just end up in a flamewar.

#23 User is offline Fiz 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:52 AM

• FACKIN' BIG PENIS
  • Project:PENIS

QJimbo, on Sep 13 2005, 03:45 AM, said:

Can anyone set up some kind of paypal donation system? So we can collect money from everyone to contribute to buying this? But I guess that raises the question of who would it go to...

Do not use paypal. They tend to close your accounts for no apparent reason and it's a BITCH to get your money refunded.

Fucking fantastic, though.

#24 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:53 AM

Well each person could look after it for a minimum certain period of time, and have the right to request it off someone else whenever they like as long as they pay postage I guess. But yeah that is a problem, but I think people should be able to put up with stuff and decide one person as the main one based off how much they donated and how close they are... that person I guess would accept the donations. You have to place a lot of trust in that person though

#25 User is offline Jayenkai 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:59 AM

Sounds daft. Let one of the Tech members keep hold of the original. (Probably Rika!)

#26 User is offline Demi 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:19 AM

What? No. He wants a 4 figure sum for it? Bollocks. If you all put your money together to pay that much then you are all idiots.

#27 User is offline .hack//zero 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:49 AM

• Project:Learning more C++, Requiem of the Twilight(On hold)

StephenUK, on Sep 13 2005, 07:45 AM, said:

Even if people all put money towards it, you're gonna end up with a bit of a problem. Lets say 10 people all put money towards. How do you decide who gets to keep the original copy then? It'll only end up causing problems coz someone will never be satisfied. It'll just end up in a flamewar.

The one that pays the most money that can dump it will get it. I know I won't be able to get it. I have less then $15, and I wouldn't know how to dump it.
This post has been edited by .hack//zero: 13 September 2005 - 08:50 AM

#28 User is offline Aurochs 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:51 AM

• Единый, могучий Советский Союз!
  • Project:Whatever catches my fancy
  • Wiki edits:325
Four figures is insane, and I don't have any money to spare anyway. Maybe we should beg the buyer to make a dump instead. :P

#29 User is offline Skaarg 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:09 AM

• Wiki edits:4
I have $400 but I know that isn't enough for it, and plus I need that money to pay for my trip to france in the spring.

#30 User is offline Qjimbo 

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:59 AM

Aurochs, on Sep 13 2005, 01:51 PM, said:

Four figures is insane, and I don't have any money to spare anyway. Maybe we should beg the buyer to make a dump instead. :P

Well I tried hassling on their forum but the guy deleted my post. If you PM the buyer you'd be banned, and thus never get a reply probably. Hum.

• 19 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users