Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 2 Rev. 00 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

Sonic 2 Rev. 00 found?

#91 User is offline LocalH 

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:46 AM

• roxoring your soxors
  • Project:Guitar Hero II: Rhythm Games Community Edition aka Pizza Hero II: Electric Pizza
  • Wiki edits:3
It's not the differences that are so important - it's the simple fact that we now have a confirmed clean and proper dump of rev 00, which we didn't have before (despite the fact that the carts seem to be everywhere), simply because we were looking for pigs. Now we just have to search for a rev 02 cart and dump it, for the same reason (even though I would bet money that there would be even less changes than between rev 00 and 01). For the same reason that we now know pigs are a useless metric, I now do not rely on the presence of the Super Sonic bug as 'proof' that it is not rev 02. Although if I came across a standalone S2 cart without the bug, then I'd get it dumped to check.

The best bet would be for some people to go get a Game Genie and an S&K cart, if they don't already have them. Then, they can check S2 carts that they come across to see if they are rev 02 or not, and if so then it can be dumped. If anyone does this and happens to find a rev 02, then I would be fully willing to dump it for them, should they not have a way to dump carts themselves.
This post has been edited by LocalH: 15 August 2005 - 04:47 AM

• 7 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users