Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: A Certain Magical Cyber Trooper (Virtual-On) announced for PSVITA/PS4 - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

A Certain Magical Cyber Trooper (Virtual-On) announced for PSVITA/PS4 Crack crossover?

#1 User is offline Candescence 

Posted 12 March 2017 - 06:07 AM

• Project:Construct stuff
No, the title isn't snarky or anything, this is an actual crossover involving Virtual-On and A Certain Magical Index (and it's sub-series).

Posted Image

http://dengekionline...01/481/1481426/

The Index fans are pissed that is isn't a new anime season, and both sides are confused by this specific crossover. Yep.

That being said, there's already a light novel crossover between these two that is basically "the Index characters play Virtual-On, shit gets literally real", and it's apparently pretty good, so a straight adaptation that's just Virtual-On with visual novel sequences could turn out pretty good.
This post has been edited by Candescence: 12 March 2017 - 06:14 AM

#2 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:20 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
O-oh...

Well at least it's a new Virtual On game for consoles I guess.

But also just, why??????????
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 12 March 2017 - 08:26 AM

#3 User is offline Candescence 

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:20 AM

• Project:Construct stuff
Because there's already a light novel crossover, this is probably just an adaptation. At least it's pretty clear that it's a Virtual-On game first and foremost, though.

Granted, mechs based on and using abilities from Index characters would add some interesting variety as well.

#4 User is offline Zeether 

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:39 AM

At least it shows Sega remembers Virtual On.

Now where's that Steam port of VOOT, guys? :v:

#5 User is offline Krigo 

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:50 AM

• Project:N/A
  • Wiki edits:30

View PostZeether, on 12 March 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

At least it shows Sega remembers Virtual On.

Now where's that Steam port of VOOT, guys? :v:

I would love a Steam port of VOOT along with Jet Set Radio Future.

Although, I have high hopes that this new Virtual On game could actually be great.
This post has been edited by Krigo: 13 March 2017 - 03:57 AM

#6 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 13 March 2017 - 06:58 AM

Man Sega really likes their dugunki bunko whatjamacallits.

If this is a proper new Virtual On that's cool though, will probably just have characters portraits nattering away in the corners at all times.

#7 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:16 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8
Details from Gematsu, also turns out the title should read as A Certain Magical Virtual-On:

Sega has announced a A Certain Magical Virtual-On for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita, a crossover between Dengeki Bunko's A Certain Magical Index light novel series and Sega's Cyber Troopers Virtual-On action game series stemming from a crossover light novel published in May 2016. It is a high-speed battle action game with online support due out in Japan in 2018.

A Certain Magical Virtual-On is set in the world of A Certain Magical Index, in which Cyber Troopers Virtual-On appears as a “sport.” Stemming from the people piloting Virtuaroids mechas and participating in this sport was a sudden development leading to a world crisis that will eventually be made clear. The game is being written by A Certain Magical Index author Kazuma Kamachi, and Virtual-On series character designer Hajime Katoki is in charge of illustrations.

The world that appears in A Certain Magical Index will carry over to the game. Starting with the protagonist Toma Kamijo, various characters including Index, Accelerator, and Mikoto Misaka will pilot Virtuaroids, and fierce battles will unfold in the Academy City setting.

The high-speed battle action that has become a staple of the Virtual-On series will be present, and Sega promises to make maximum use of the experience it gained in developing the series. The special abilities possessed by the characters of the A Certain Magical Index series will be amplified by piloting a Virtuaroid—fired as an attack from the mecha—and used as a new battle method. It is said to be “one of this game's biggest appeals.”

http://gematsu.com/2...ced-ps4-ps-vita

So basically it'll be Virtual On with more anime.

#8 User is offline Zeether 

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:27 PM

Miku Fei-Yen wasn't enough, apparently. :v:

I might import the Vita version if I have the cash and it turns out good, although I severely doubt the Vita will have twinstick controls considering how nasty the sticks feel on it...

#9 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

• つづく
  • Project:Diva
  • Wiki edits:6

View PostZeether, on 13 March 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Miku Fei-Yen wasn't enough, apparently. :v:

Apparently it was just the beginning, and I couldn't be happier with that. :D

#10 User is offline null1024 

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:20 PM

• Wiki edits:1
This crossover is baffling, but on the other hand, maybe VO will be fast and fun again after Force and Marz. I'm also hoping that matches are generally 1v1.
Assuming it still looks nice once we see gameplay footage, I'll probably end up importing the Vita version. At least I'm okay with VOOT-style pad controls.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users