Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic: Secret of Mobius - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Sonic: Secret of Mobius My first ever Sonic hack

#1 User is offline Mr Hooman 

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:37 PM

• Project:Sonic: Secret of Mobius
Hello Retro, I am Mr Hooman. Today I shall give away some info about my upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog hack.
Development is in somewhat early stages still for levels but let's not worry about that for now.
First I have to give credits to some resources and friends: A-S-H, guy that helped me start hacking. SonLVL, my main tool in the project. SonicRetro's SCHG how-to's these helped me with multiple things. (Spike bug, retain rings etc) Various SSRG guides. Midi2Smps And other hacking tools.
Okay, I will only give away the names of 2 zones currently, because SonLVL's ini files. (They're incomplete (or mine are at least))
The first zone I will reveal is, Mossy Lake Zone! Formerly a bad desert level this is my Green Hill modification, I spend a lot of time working on said bad desert level, and I decided, you know what, OVERHAUL TIME! So now it is a green cave with a lake. (yes green dirt) The music is a port of Mystic Cave zone's 2-Player mode.
The other level is, Lost Temple zone. I am going to change this as well because I need a goldish pallet since SonLVL won't provide for that. This level made me hate underwater zones even more, since they're harder to edit than most others. I hope this hack turns out well and that you like the sounds of it!
So for now, Mr Hooman out!

#2 User is offline Atendega 

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:42 PM

• Incapable of capability
  • Project:Wearing a more fabulous hat than you
Just FYI, making a thread about a new hack without providing screenies is generally a no-no :v:

#3 User is offline Mr Hooman 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

Sorry! New to these parts, will try to get some images up somehow.
Edit: My low quality pic (sorta like old Genesis magazine pics) imgur.com/snZ16Zs
This post has been edited by Mr Hooman: 09 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

#4 User is offline Ravenfreak 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

• Incineroar is the best
  • Project:Dissecting Sonic Labyrinth
  • Wiki edits:112
In order to post screenshots on the forum use the direct link and add image tags. Also you can take screenshots from the emulator and save it as a bitmap rather than taking a picture of your monitor. Though your screenshot really doesn't show off much... It might be best if you wait a little bit before revealing your project as you said it's in really early development.

#5 User is offline Mr Hooman 

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

I have more work done for those wondering. Mossy Lake's layout is done. (Act 1, 2 and 3) I will admit that act 3 was kinda lazy, (just a spring that sends you to the boss) and there is no placed rings. (If you have 50 leftover from act 2 you can go to a special stage) after that the new layouts end but there is still new level names/music/pallets and get a sneak peak at the rest of the game.
This post has been edited by Mr Hooman: 09 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users