Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Deep Silver to publish Sega and Atlus games in Europe - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Deep Silver to publish Sega and Atlus games in Europe lol Sega Europe

#1 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 06 July 2016 - 08:08 AM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

We're bringing @AtlusUSA and select @SEGA titles to Europe! That means YES to Persona 5 and SMT IV: Apocalypse!

https://twitter.com/...661060852649984

For now all we can announce is Persona 5, SMT IV: Apocalypse, and 7th Dragon III Code: VFD. We'll have more news, details & specifics soon!

https://twitter.com/...665176425299968

Stop me if you've heard this before:

“We're working on it.”

It's an oft-used PR phrase that people have come to see as a general throwaway response. And while I can't speak for every case, I can at least tell you that when it comes to publishing SEGA Japanese IP games (and ATLUS’!) in Europe, it's true. We are working on it. Or were, really, since we just inked a deal with Deep Silver to release multiple upcoming titles in Europe. Physical versions.

That means that 7th Dragon III Code: VFD will be coming to European regions as both a physical and digital title, which will be published by Deep Silver for the EU territory.

The next question out of your mouth I'm sure is “but why? You have SEGA Europe, use them!” Yes, we do have a European branch, but they're very much their own business, and as a business unit, SEGA Europe focuses on our Western IP titles – the titles developed by our Western studios such as Creative Assembly, Relic Entertainment, Sports Interactive and in partnership with studios such as PlaySport Games. With the majority of those titles being released on PC, we've seen an evolution of SEGA Europe into a more digitally-centric business over the last few years. For any packaged releases of SEGA Europe Western IPs they already partner with Deep Silver to bring those titles to market in Europe. It made sense to mirror that partnership with the SEGA of America-managed Japanese IP titles which currently have a heavier bias towards physical release. Sega Europe will still be publishing Yakuza 0.

Added bonus – this deal also applies to some upcoming ATLUS titles, so if you've been hankering for Persona 5 or Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Deep Silver has the EU covered!

We aren't ready to share release dates for those just yet, but for all our fans in Europe, we can finally say “we worked on it, and now we've got an answer for you.”

http://blogs.sega.co...ming-to-europe/

Holy shit. For now only Persona 5, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse and 7th Dragon III are confirmed but it sounds like they'll be handling Atlus and Sega's Japanese games in Europe in general. Guess we might not have to worry about Sega Europe not wanting to bother with publishing games anymore.

Also nice to see Sega America be honest and upfront about what Sega Europe has become.
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 06 July 2016 - 12:00 PM

#2 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:02 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
FINALLY.

Thanks to all those who are getting together and doing what SoE is seemingly no longer able to.

#3 User is offline Ashram 

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:17 PM

• Wiki edits:13
I thought Deep Silver had a reputation for being shady, though?

#4 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:19 PM

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View PostAshram, on 06 July 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

I thought Deep Silver had a reputation for being shady, though?

Afaik not really. They sometimes fuck up with marketing and there was some stuff with one of the games with Dead Island PS4 having a code instead of a disc for a game. The games they publish also tend to be kinda crap with some exceptions like Saints Row and Metro.

But they should be fine when it comes to just publishing games in Europe. Sega Europe was already working with them for distribution anyway.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users