Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Anyone good with vectors? - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Anyone good with vectors?

#1 User is offline Black Squirrel 

Posted 19 November 2015 - 01:32 PM

• wikiman
  • Project:thinking of a better member title
  • Wiki edits:20,569
http://segaretro.org...Real3D_logo.svg

extracted from this.

Vector graphics in the 90s often found themselves estimating gradients, but due to the anti-aliasing techniques of modern vector standards, this leaves little gaps between every shade. I'm using Inkscape and it doesn't have a formal way of dealing with this (annoyingly common) problem - with simpler images there are hacky ways of getting around it, but this isn't a simple image.

Any advice?

#2 User is offline Ritz 

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:46 AM

• Subhedgehog
  • Wiki edits:2
Displays just fine in Illustrator, just doesn't like being saved to svg or any of its subformats. I'd just export it as a png:

Posted Image
This post has been edited by Ritz: 20 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

#3 User is offline TheKazeblade 

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

• "Our Life is More than a Side-Effect"
Yeah, unfortunately older SVG's don't like bringing in gradients seamlessly. The gradient itself gets subdivided into individual vector shapes inside a mask. You can merge the shapes back together, but you lose the gradient and would have to re-create it anyway. You could color sample and write down the hex or rgb values and re-create the gradient yourself, but in terms of re-joining the objects and maintaining the original gradient, probably can't do it; not that I can find anyway. I've never used inkscape, but as far as Illustrator is concerned, there doesn't seem to be an eloquent solution.

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users