Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic: Scorched Quest (AKA Burned Edition) - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

Sonic: Scorched Quest (AKA Burned Edition) SHC2016 pre-3.0 release

#31 User is offline Painto maniak 

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:56 PM

• I am the Painto
  • Project:Sonic: Scorched Quest, Sonic 2D Blast, other minor hacks
The OP was updated with SHC release info. Fell free to write your comments & opinions.

#32 User is offline ashthedragon 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 04:21 AM

• Dragon Team
  • Project:Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
This game is awesome, is by far my favourite from this year's hacking contest. The only issue I see with it is that while playing it at real hardware it lags considerably, making it almost unplyable at some points. Console was a Genesis ( 60 hz), rom running on Mega Everdrive. It there any possibility to better optimization for next build?

#33 User is offline Clownacy 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

• Layin' the Wax and Spinnin' the Sounds
Sorry if I've mentioned this before, but was this optimisation ever added? I don't imagine the screen heat wave helping performance in the slightest, on top of the already-slow Sonic 1 engine.
This post has been edited by Clownacy: 15 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

#34 User is offline Painto maniak 

Posted 15 November 2016 - 11:37 AM

• I am the Painto
  • Project:Sonic: Scorched Quest, Sonic 2D Blast, other minor hacks
Yeah, I've added that one IIRC. However, seeing it causes problems, I'll probably remove completely the heat effect, leaving it only to LZ water as REV01 does.

Taking an ocassion, thanks to everyone for their support, opinions, and to the judges & community for the trophies. It was really fun to work on the hack and we are actually close to completion. I'm very happy that this project has gone that far, even if it was at the start planned to be just a minihack, and also I'm happy because I will be soon one of the creators of one of few actually fully finished hacks. I'll probably finish it a lot before SHC2017, so also I'll have more time to work on my second main project, S2 Blasted.

I hope everyone who didn't yet played it, will enjoy his play as others probably did and will return to play the final version and my other pojects. Thanks and see you later.

#35 User is offline HTV04 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 07:20 AM

May I upload this mod to Steam Workshop? I'd like to play it using the Steam emulator but I'd have to upload it to Steam Workshop first. I don't want to upload it without permission.

#36 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:10 AM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Or how about you download a real emulator, such as BizHawk, Kega Fusion, or Gens/GS?

#37 User is offline HTV04 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:53 PM

I know the Steam emulator isn't the best Genesis emulator out there, but it's my personal favorite, especially since it's an official one. It works well for me (only in full screen, though), so I like to use it when playing mods.

#38 User is offline MainMemory 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

• Every day's the same old thing... Same place, different day...
  • Project:SonLVL
  • Wiki edits:1,339
Have you even tried any of the other emulators?

#39 User is offline HTV04 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 04:18 PM

Not yet, but I already know they run at full performance. I may sound dumb saying this, but I do like the official emulator the best. Even though it may be laggy at times, it's a user-friendly emulator that doesn't require any extra setup, along with an easy way to switch between games and get approved mods. I know other emulators might be better in terms of performance, but I find the Steam one the most user-friendly.

#40 User is offline LordOfSquad 

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:18 PM

• Still waiting on Feel The Magic 3
  • Project:Tunes for Sonic Panic, among other things
  • Wiki edits:1
...They're all just as user friendly. You load the ROM file into the program and you play it. It literally couldn't be easier.

#41 User is offline HTV04 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:13 AM

Maybe so, but I just like the Steam one the best. It's just my opinion! I may change my mind later, but for now the Steam one's my favorite (and no, I'm not a noob to using more complicated interfaces, in fact, I do have an emulator that has a similar interface to the Genesis ones, I just find user-friendly interfaces the best to use). I think we're getting a little off topic here though. So may I upload this to the Steam Workshop? I'd like to play it on the Steam emulator, and I'd also like others using the Steam emulator to play it too! It seems like a really awesome game!
This post has been edited by HTV04: 15 October 2017 - 07:21 AM

#42 User is offline BSonirachi 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

• Opa-Opa takes flight!
  • Wiki edits:17

View PostHTV04, on 15 October 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Maybe so, but I just like the Steam one the best. It's just my opinion! I may change my mind later, but for now the Steam one's my favorite (and no, I'm not a noob to using more complicated interfaces, in fact, I do have an emulator that has a similar interface to the Genesis ones, I just find user-friendly interfaces the best to use). I think we're getting a little off topic here though. So may I upload this to the Steam Workshop? I'd like to play it on the Steam emulator, and I'd also like others using the Steam emulator to play it too! It seems like a really awesome game!

There's a disclaimer at the start of the current release that states that you shouldn't put it on the Steam Workshop, so if I were you I'd respect Team Painto's request and don't do it.

#43 User is offline HTV04 

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:04 AM

View PostBSonirachi, on 15 October 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

View PostHTV04, on 15 October 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

There's a disclaimer at the start of the current release that states that you shouldn't put it on the Steam Workshop, so if I were you I'd respect Team Painto's request and don't do it.

Ok. I was just asking for permission, because I didn't want to upload it without Team Painto's consent.

• 3 Pages +
    Locked Forum

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users